Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 272

Thread: Everything Terrence Ross

  1. #201
    Raptors Republic Rookie Mundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    113
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    How do you know?
    That's just it. How many players bust their ass their entire life and just aren't good enough? I'm no stats junkie, but I'd wager a good sum that there's more hard-working basketball players outside of the NBA than in it. Saying that somebody who doesn't live up to their athletic potential (or, use all of their "tools"....) isn't trying hard enough is downright disrespectful. Hard work doesn't mean automatic success, especially at this level. I'm making no assumptions about his ethic based on being in a dunk contest, I'll just watch the games. If he doesn't pan out as a player, frankly it doesn't matter why.
    "This just in........ THE RAPTORS ARE AMAZING!"

  2. #202
    Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Niagara
    Posts
    2,698
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    ok. Were all allowed to hav an opinion. I like mine, I worked hard to get it.



    Cheers boys.

  3. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
  4. #203
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,566
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    ok. Were all allowed to hav an opinion. I like mine, I worked hard to get it.



    Cheers boys.
    Mine just came to me. Natural talent, I assume.

  5. Like p00ka, Superjudge liked this post
  6. #204
    Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Niagara
    Posts
    2,698
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    hahaha

    Love it. YOU'RE the guy we all love to hate.

  7. #205
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,566
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    hahaha

    Love it. YOU'RE the guy we all love to hate.

  8. #206
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,044
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default




    In Colangelo's last 1-2 years in Toronto the buzz words of choice became "culture" and "program."

    Every time I heard them, especially in that last year, I thought, "God he talks a big game and never delivers."

    I think when culture and program are dropped by Masai, he means it.

    I'm really excited to see Ross this year.

    I believe his talent and athleticism are off the charts. If he starts putting in the work similar to DeMar..... wowzers.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  9. #207
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,566
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote mcHAPPY wrote: View Post



    In Colangelo's last 1-2 years in Toronto the buzz words of choice became "culture" and "program."

    Every time I heard them, especially in that last year, I thought, "God he talks a big game and never delivers."

    I think when culture and program are dropped by Masai, he means it.

    I'm really excited to see Ross this year.

    I believe his talent and athleticism are off the charts. If he starts putting in the work similar to DeMar..... wowzers.
    Saw glimpses last year. I really loved it when he amped up the effort on D. If he has swigged the "hard work" kool aid, it could be a breakout year for him.

  10. #208
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    303
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote mcHAPPY wrote: View Post



    In Colangelo's last 1-2 years in Toronto the buzz words of choice became "culture" and "program."

    Every time I heard them, especially in that last year, I thought, "God he talks a big game and never delivers."

    I think when culture and program are dropped by Masai, he means it.

    I'm really excited to see Ross this year.

    I believe his talent and athleticism are off the charts. If he starts putting in the work similar to DeMar..... wowzers.
    That's awesome. A dude that doesn't get paid by Raptors and has nothing to gain from it is praising Ross. That's big. Ross posted a pic of him in Brooklyn and said "think about this series everyday" I guess that's where he gets that fire

  11. #209
    Raptors Republic Starter OptimalOptimist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    RaptorLand
    Posts
    419
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ross did some nasty passing to the roller last year, heard the Raptors were working him hard in PnR. RAps are virtually a lock for 2nd seed next year.
    Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

  12. #210
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    3,855
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Everything Terrence Ross

    Quote MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    That's awesome. A dude that doesn't get paid by Raptors and has nothing to gain from it is praising Ross. That's big. Ross posted a pic of him in Brooklyn and said "think about this series everyday" I guess that's where he gets that fire


    He played terrible and probably blames himself rightfully so. Funny thing is I'm pretty sure he missed this lay up.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Fri Jul 4th, 2014 at 09:38 AM.
    @Chr1st1anL

  13. Like MixxAOR liked this post
  14. #211
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I have a feeling Ross and DD are gonna eat up some wing tandems next year.

  15. #212
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    3,855
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote mcHAPPY wrote: View Post



    In Colangelo's last 1-2 years in Toronto the buzz words of choice became "culture" and "program."

    Every time I heard them, especially in that last year, I thought, "God he talks a big game and never delivers."

    I think when culture and program are dropped by Masai, he means it.

    I'm really excited to see Ross this year.

    I believe his talent and athleticism are off the charts. If he starts putting in the work similar to DeMar..... wowzers.
    Damn stuff like this makes me hope that Bruno grows two more inches and becomes the versatile stretch 4 that Barny was suppose to be. It seem if he doesn't down the line it's going to come down to Bruno and Ross on the wing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

  16. #213
    Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Kitchener "Sketchener"
    Posts
    1,368
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Damn stuff like this makes me hope that Bruno grows two more inches and becomes the versatile stretch 4 that Barny was suppose to be. It seem if he doesn't down the line it's going to come down to Bruno and Ross on the wing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe with the bruno acquisition he feels like hes being pushed as a backup in the future so hes training hard. Lets hope so

    Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
    In Swag we Trust

    -Nick Young

  17. #214
    Raptors Republic Starter OptimalOptimist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    RaptorLand
    Posts
    419
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    Maybe with the bruno acquisition he feels like hes being pushed as a backup in the future so hes training hard. Lets hope so
    Or may be he is working hard because everyone else on the team does.
    Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

  18. #215
    Raptors Republic Starter Bonus Jonas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    233
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    I have a feeling Ross and DD are gonna eat up some wing tandems next year.
    Ouf add a top ten PG and if JV plays anything like he did in the beginning of the Brooklyn series without turnovers.

  19. #216
    Raptors Republic Starter Mindlessness's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    232
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    Ouf add a top ten PG and if JV plays anything like he did in the beginning of the Brooklyn series without turnovers.
    If Jonas and Ross go BOOM! next year, it's going to be fun to watch.

  20. #217
    Raptors Republic Starter TSF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Waterloo
    Posts
    597
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    I have a feeling Ross and DD are gonna eat up some wing tandems next year.
    If Ross comes out pissed off after that Brooklyn series and tries to set the world on fire, there probably isn't a better 1-2-3 starting trio in the league.
    @Boymusic66

  21. #218
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,951
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Maybe Masai had a heart-to-heart intervention with Ross (ala KL)...at least I hope he did.

  22. #219
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TSF wrote: View Post
    If Ross comes out pissed off after that Brooklyn series and tries to set the world on fire, there probably isn't a better 1-2-3 starting trio in the league.
    Let's slow down.

    Westbrook + Durant + Anyone at 2 is already better and that's just one example.

  23. #220
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mr.Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    MTL
    Posts
    1,313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I like to hear Ross is working his ass off, the guy has all the tools to be something very special in this league. I think the 51 point game was like looking into a crystal ball and getting a glimpse of his true potential lol All he has to do is continue working
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

    - Walter White

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •