No announcement yet.

Everything Terrence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrence Ross is my dude. I think if he gets the right coaching he can be a great player. Here's hoping one of these new assistants knows how to work with swings.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
      Ross seems to be/think/act younger than his age. I mean, nothing wrong with being goofy and fooling around, but when it's time to get to work, you have to get to work. He also seems to have a bit of a sulky attitude. Just my impressions. I don't think he wants to be in TO. I think he is letting this affect his work ethic. I could be way off base, but that is the read I get on him.
      Ah, I was always told it isn't wise to read into these types of things. So on that note I have to disagree. I have never felt the impression that Ross wants out of TO. I just think he had a turbulent first year. If given the opportunity next season, we should have a better understanding of what to expect from Terrence in the future.
      We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
        What makes you doubt his work ethic?
        I think he was blessed with a lot of natural talent. I believe that because of his natural talent, he hasn't had to work as hard. He hasn't developed a heavy work ethic because until the NBA, he hasn't needed it.

IMO he does not work as hard as Jonas and Quincy. I don't believe he has the maturity ATM to develop into a good professional player, and I base that off of his inability to gain consistency.

IMO T.Ross was given the shortest leash of all 3 rookies this year. DC respects hard work and effort, something that is currently missing w/ him.

Comment

• Thought I would post this here since I was slagging on Ross a little bit a few posts back. I just came across this paragraph in an article in the Star about Casey. It was written on Friday, June 21st, about the Thursday announcement Casey would be coming back:
          "Casey loped out of the ACC practice gym in shorts and runners after having put early returnees Terrence Ross, Quincy Acy and Jonas Valanciunas through the ringer."

So, coach was working the guys out on thursday afternoon. Props to all three rookies. I don't know if this a regular thing, but I don't recall hearing about late June workouts in Toronto before.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
            Thought I would post this here since I was slagging on Ross a little bit a few posts back. I just came across this paragraph in an article in the Star about Casey. It was written on Friday, June 21st, about the Thursday announcement Casey would be coming back:
            "Casey loped out of the ACC practice gym in shorts and runners after having put early returnees Terrence Ross, Quincy Acy and Jonas Valanciunas through the ringer."

So, coach was working the guys out on thursday afternoon. Props to all three rookies. I don't know if this a regular thing, but I don't recall hearing about late June workouts in Toronto before.
            Ross gets a lot of flack around here as being lazy, poor work ethic, etc. but that flies in direct contrast to what his coach at UW said. Also UW coach and DC are tight and Casey saw a lot of Ross in Seattle during lockout. Did Ross turn in to a total douche????

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Ross gets a lot of flack around here as being lazy, poor work ethic, etc. but that flies in direct contrast to what his coach at UW said. Also UW coach and DC are tight and Casey saw a lot of Ross in Seattle during lockout. Did Ross turn in to a total douche????
              I think it's fans just making up a reason to disapprove of a player. Nothing I've seen from him suggests he has a poor work ethic. Because he's not loud or boastful? Because he couldn't earn more minutes with a coach who seemed allergic to letting young guys play? Terrence Ross could have shot 1.000% from 3s in practices and still get pulled by Casey the first time he made a mistake.

I'm definitely completely unsure of where this "poor work habits" type garbage has come from.

Comment

• T.Ross is GOLD. No one should doubt his potential. He needs a solid cast around him to help him meet it, and if he does would fit perfectly on this roster.
                I dont know one part of the game where he lacks potential to be above-average to great.

3pt shooting, Athleticism, Driving, Fast Break, Rebounding (his hops man..), Defense (showed signs of great defensive potential), and Creating space.

He needs to work on IQ, running sets, and in general calm his nerves. He must become a student of the game, and only a good coaching staff and co-workers can elevate him to the next level.

The kid is special and has the tools.
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                  T.Ross is GOLD. No one should doubt his potential. He needs a solid cast around him to help him meet it, and if he does would fit perfectly on this roster.
                  I dont know one part of the game where he lacks potential to be above-average to great.

3pt shooting, Athleticism, Driving, Fast Break, Rebounding (his hops man..), Defense (showed signs of great defensive potential), and Creating space.

He needs to work on IQ, running sets, and in general calm his nerves. He must become a student of the game, and only a good coaching staff and co-workers can elevate him to the next level.

The kid is special and has the tools.
                  I agree and would add needs to work on his handle in the halfcourt. I'd like to see them run more sets for him that involve catch and shooting, it's what they did a lot with him in college and how he was so effective.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                    I agree and would add needs to work on his handle in the halfcourt. I'd like to see them run more sets for him that involve catch and shooting, it's what they did a lot with him in college and how he was so effective.
                    His handle in general, though he has some patented moves with the ball that creates legit space (something Demar still struggles with) and he penetrates really well with his speed and athleticism.

I agree he needs more off-ball screens for catch and shoot situations (or catch, fake, and penetrate) like Boston utilized Ray allen. I think his 3pt % is a bit low because he would be given iso's behind the 3 pt line which he would take, rather than run a set for him to give him space for that shot and have the defender chase him.
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Ross took a dive around the dunk contest he came into games exhausted and dunking was all he really seemed to care about his shot was so ugly for a little while, glad he won the dunk contest of course but he forgot the smoothness of his game there for the rest of the season.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                        I'd like to see him getting opportunities to catch and shoot from kicks off drive.

If only raps had a pg who could get in to the key....oh wait a second.... High school plays, curling for 3s is so much more effective... Supposedly.

Comment

• T Ross....starter?

With all the rumours of DD or Gay moving, where might this leave TRoss? Yea or nay....would you be ok with Ross as a starting wing next year. If someone can make a poll of this, feel free.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                            With all the rumours of DD or Gay moving, where might this leave TRoss? Yea or nay....would you be ok with Ross as a starting wing next year. If someone can make a poll of this, feel free.
                            Have there been any announcements about Ross playing in Summer League? Would like to see if he's made any improvements over the last 3 months.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              the flack is coming from the racists on here who think blacks don't work hard i guess.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Have there been any announcements about Ross playing in Summer League? Would like to see if he's made any improvements over the last 3 months.

Right at the beginning of the video Casey confirms that all 3 rookies are expected to play

Comment

Working...
                                X