No announcement yet.

Everything Terrence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would everyone be pissed if Ross just became an end of the bench guy that can shoot some 3s? I'm not opposed to keeping him around just for that and say anything extra is just bonus.

Sad it's come this far...
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
      yes. if hes using his time to dick around rather than actually trying to get better. players should definitely have time to relax. but not when you're being absolutely terrible on court to the point where you've lost your starters position and are STILL mostly terrible coming off the bench.

DD is 25. Ross is 24. hardly a huge difference. as for the impact of having a kid? all i know is that every player on the roster has said that having a kid has made them a BETTER player.
      So your logic is that only players who have "earned" the right to relax should. Right...which university did you get your Sports Psychology degree from?

DD has been in the league for longer so he isn't in the same situation regardless of age. Having a child is life altering, some people aren't necessarily ready for that change. A vet or a player with a longer leash is very different than a young guy who is getting bashed by a bunch of keyboard jocks.

Can't help but notice that you don't have a response to the fact that you are really attacking Ross as a person rather than a player.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Terrence Ross is playing badly right now but it doesn't mean that he always will.
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Patience. DD didn't have the breakout year everybody expected in year 3.
          That's because Casey came on board and let him shoot inefficient jumpers every night. Wait.... we might be on to something here...

Comment

• I would absolutely give him a chance to be on this team for next season. In fact, I would bring all the guys back and add some key pieces, just like they did last offseason.

Guys, we're 2nd in the east right now... things will only get better, and even though Ross is playing so-so right now, he still has a lot of potential, talent and athletic abilities.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              I think there is definitely some “Chicken Little” action going on here. Yes, Ross is not performing where many expected and all hoped he’d be. But his performance isn’t nearly as dire as some seem to be painting it. In fact, he hasn't improved is really the biggest complaint that can be made, but even with his shooting troubles (%s are down), he is still producing the same numbers across the board.

Look at his per game comparison

Season Age G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
              2013-14 22 81 62 26.7 3.9 9.3 .423 2.0 5.0 .395 1.0 1.2 .837 3.1 1.0 0.8 0.3 1.1 2.3 10.9
              2014-15 23 55 40 25.6 3.8 9.4 .407 1.7 4.7 .363 0.7 0.9 .809 3.1 1.0 0.6 0.3 0.9 1.7 10.1

Yes, he is shooting worse % from FG, 3P and FT, but all of that is only accounting for a 0.8 decrease in total scoring, despite not different in shot attempts. He equally has actually improvements in Turn Overs and Fouls.

If you look at his shooting breakdown a bit closer, you see the comparison:

2-Pt 3-Pt
              % of FG% Dunk Corner
              Season FG% 2P 0-3 3-10 10-16 16 3 3P 2P 0-3 3-10 10-16 16 3 3P %Astd %FGA Md. %Astd %3PA 3P%
              2013-14 .423 .457 .125 .113 .097 .121 .543 .458 .649 .459 .411 .297 .395 .541 .039 25 .950 .331 .415
              2014-15 .407 .507 .135 .104 .106 .164 .493 .449 .586 .352 .400 .424 .363 .576 .050 23 .903 .332 .376

He is taking more 2 point attempts than last year (over half, compared to 45.7% last year), yet is shooting the corner 3 at the same frequency 33.1% vs 33.2% of his 3 point shot attempts. His shooting % is down at every level except the long two (16 ft+) where he is shooting 42.4% - (better than any season of DD at that range and compared to 29.7% last year). He is also dunking more this year (just 2 fewer than last year with only part of the season complete), which is good.

I'm not saying that Ross is playing well or even that he will play better, all I am saying is that the biggest problem seems to come with the expectations and perception of Ross, rather than the actual production. He is producing as well as last year, despite his shooting woes. If his shots starts to fall (he has a nice stroke, so it would certainly seem like something that should correct itself over time), then he will be producing more and be more valuable to the team. Patience might just be needed.
              This is where advanced stats come in handy.

per stats.nba.com:
              True shooting % down over 4%, from 55.3 to 51.1.
              Net Rating down from 4.0 to 1.6.

per basketball-reference.com:
              Win Shares per 48 down from 0.094 to 0.057, or 9th on the team after removing Acy/De Colo, down to 13th on the team, ahead of only Bruno and Bebe.
              Free throw attempt rate down from 0.13 to 0.09.

I wish it was just a matter of perception, but you can see it on the floor. And that's without even getting into the very good point that Puffer made... he's started fewer games and is playing against worse competition.

Comment

So your logic is that only players who have "earned" the right to relax should. Right...which university did you get your Sports Psychology degree from?

DD has been in the league for longer so he isn't in the same situation regardless of age. Having a child is life altering, some people aren't necessarily ready for that change. A vet or a player with a longer leash is very different than a young guy who is getting bashed by a bunch of keyboard jocks.

Can't help but notice that you don't have a response to the fact that you are really attacking Ross as a person rather than a player.
                This, along with your attempt to defend ross using stats was almost too embarrassing to read, let alone respond to. But I just got woken up by my dog so why not!

First off, the whole relaxation point. Can't believe you're even trying to argue with that. If a player is shitting the bed, you should be working harder. Are you seriously trying to say that someone who's lost their starters position should be leaving practice first rather than trying to get better??? Oh wait he's a "human being" so let's baby him like bargnani.

And still no idea what you're whining about attacking ross as a person vs player. Sounds like YOU'RE the one who's trying to defend him as a person rather than the player. Who the fuck knows how having a baby is affecting him? Do you actually know Ross? Did he tell you that having a child is somehow fucking up his game?

You seriously trying to use some pathetic "which university did you get your sports psychology degree from" line here and then start babbling about his baby and all the mental, psychological implications it surely must be having on his game???

I don't know Ross "as a person". All I know is how he's currently producing on court, what he says on social media and what's been reported about him. All of those things so far has shown he is shit. And let's not even get into the advanced stats here.

Meanwhile, you seem to think he just needs a hug based on absolutely nothing but useless conjecture.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                  This is where advanced stats come in handy.

per stats.nba.com:
                  True shooting % down over 4%, from 55.3 to 51.1.
                  Net Rating down from 4.0 to 1.6.

per basketball-reference.com:
                  Win Shares per 48 down from 0.094 to 0.057, or 9th on the team after removing Acy/De Colo, down to 13th on the team, ahead of only Bruno and Bebe.
                  Free throw attempt rate down from 0.13 to 0.09.

I wish it was just a matter of perception, but you can see it on the floor. And that's without even getting into the very good point that Puffer made... he's started fewer games and is playing against worse competition.
                  His TS% is still higher than DD and GV, two players logging heavy minutes. Yes, 4% down isn't what we want to see but it's not earth shattering.

Despite all his troubles he still has the best 3p% of all players not named Patterson or Amir.

He played well last night and I just think the people piling on him lately are being over-dramatic. Struggling, yes, disappointing, absolutely; but people are talking like he's "done", and that's ridiculous.
                  Last edited by Axel; Tue Feb 24, 2015, 11:40 AM.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                    This, along with your attempt to defend ross using stats was almost too embarrassing to read, let alone respond to. But I just got woken up by my dog so why not!

First off, the whole relaxation point. Can't believe you're even trying to argue with that. If a player is shitting the bed, you should be working harder. Are you seriously trying to say that someone who's lost their starters position should be leaving practice first rather than trying to get better??? Oh wait he's a "human being" so let's baby him like bargnani.

And still no idea what you're whining about attacking ross as a person vs player. Sounds like YOU'RE the one who's trying to defend him as a person rather than the player. Who the fuck knows how having a baby is affecting him? Do you actually know Ross? Did he tell you that having a child is somehow fucking up his game?

You seriously trying to use some pathetic "which university did you get your sports psychology degree from" line here and then start babbling about his baby and all the mental, psychological implications it surely must be having on his game???

I don't know Ross "as a person". All I know is how he's currently producing on court, what he says on social media and what's been reported about him. All of those things so far has shown he is shit. And let's not even get into the advanced stats here.

Meanwhile, you seem to think he just needs a hug based on absolutely nothing but useless conjecture.
                    Exhibit A for proof of ridiculous (among many other adjectives).

Comment

• T.R. is DONE ... His fans can make any excuse they want but the guy was given plenty of opportunities and he managed to screw all of them up.

Comment

• I say this: Keep Ross is Lou wants too much cash. Otherwise, trade him and his 2K playing ass.
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                          I say this: Keep Ross is Lou wants too much cash. Otherwise, trade him and his 2K playing ass.
                          You are right. There is no reason to trade Ross. He is on the rookie contract and he has no trade value. Better to hold on to him now and see what we have.

Comment

His TS% is still higher than DD and GV, two players logging heavy minutes. Yes, 4% down isn't what we want to see but it's not earth shattering.

Despite all his troubles he still has the best 3p% of all players not named Patterson or Amir.

He played well last night and I just think the people piling on him lately are being over-dramatic. Struggling, yes, disappointing, absolutely; but people are talking like he's "done", and that's ridiculous.
                            Thank you. Ross is going through a bad stretch but unlike last year we have good enough players that can be productive when he isn't. Cause of that it seems worse than it is.

Last year Ross had no competition for the starting role. Now he does. I think this will make him better in the long run. Ross is force to push himself if he wants back in the starting line up.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I hope he hasn't already given up. He has the talent, but he needs a good work ethic.
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Last night probablt was Ross best game in a while. 6pts, no rebs, no ast, didn't get to the line. Tells you everything. LOL.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X