Everything Terrence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GuiJaeger wrote: View Post
    We don't have money for the max next season, and you have to believe that's what Jimmy Butler will receive. Plus, Harris is, if I recall correctly, a Restricted Free Agent. I don't think Orlando a) lets him go for nothing or b) lets him go in any package where Ross is the main piece.
    First off, I was half joking because obviously that's just wishful thinking. I'd like for something of the sort to happen, but it's not at all an expectation.

Secondly, and someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, we do have enough to offer the max to guys coming off their rookie deals. We do not have max money to offer veteran free agents (7-9 years or 10+ years exp.).

Third, teams making such trades usually don't do so because they want guys like Terrence Ross (or for a deal that actually happened, Jeremy Lamb). They do it because they believe they can't afford to keep a guy (usually a RFA), and settle on the best offer they get because they prefer it over letting them walk for nothing. Ross plus a 1st rounder or two (ideally just one) would be enough to build any serious package around.

We're all shitting on Ross, but this is a super-athletic kid with a smooth shooting stroke. There will be people around the league that are still very high on him.

And I think Harris is the most likely to be poached. Orlando is still building up its core and may not want to give a max or near-max deal to Harris. They also have Gordon, who probably projects to fit best at SF (and I think they believe that too, which is why they were targeting stretch bigs like 2Pat and Frye this offseason). If they are willing to let Harris go, they obviously will try to see if a S&T can be worked out. And if that's the case, getting a young SG with good size and 3&D tools might be high on their list of desired assets for him.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
      We could have had Andre Drummond...
      Get over it. Posts like these are worse than a clingy ex-girlfriend

The only thing we can do is maximize the player we have. The current system we have isn't maximizing his production or his trade value. Something needs to change.

Comment

• I don't know man, Harris seems too good for them to settle for say, Ross, expirings and and low first-rounders. I know I wouldn't settle for it, I would rather match any offer Harris gets instead. Also, Orlando is in a phase where they are starting to try mount a comeback, so I believe they'll want to hold on to Harris anyways. Orlando CAN in theory afford him, it's not the case where they'll need to shed cap space to maintain him, because they also have a bunch of expiring contracts. Gordon does project to be at best an SF, but I believe they will try to build something with both guys able to play both positions.

But I understand that it was wishful thinking, and also I do understand Ross' physical tools have trade value.

Now, if it is feasible to try Jimmy Butler, as you said it is, then we should at least try him. I don't think he'll come, but we should try.

Comment

I don't know man, Harris seems too good for them to settle for say, Ross, expirings and and low first-rounders. I know I wouldn't settle for it, I would rather match any offer Harris gets instead. Also, Orlando is in a phase where they are starting to try mount a comeback, so I believe they'll want to hold on to Harris anyways. Orlando CAN in theory afford him, it's not the case where they'll need to shed cap space to maintain him, because they also have a bunch of expiring contracts. Gordon does project to be at best an SF, but I believe they will try to build something with both guys able to play both positions.

But I understand that it was wishful thinking, and also I do understand Ross' physical tools have trade value.

Now, if it is feasible to try Jimmy Butler, as you said it is, then we should at least try him. I don't think he'll come, but we should try.
          There have already been reports that Chicago is likely willing to match any max offer, so that goes out the window. Chicago is one of the cheaper organizations in terms of going into the tax, but it doesn't look like Butler will be a casualty of that. Probably more likely they let Gibson walk then give him another decent paycheck (could be a good target for our team in his own right).

As for Orlando....I find teams in their situation are hard to judge. It seems obvious that since they're young and improving, they should just keep investing in the pieces they have because those pieces are pretty good. However, again, I'm not sure what their plans really are and it's not easy to get a read on them. Pat was a major target of theirs this past summer, which would've led to a minutes crunch for their young forwards. Definitely makes me wonder if they don't see a Harris-Gordon frontcourt as a very good match.

Comment

• Yes, if we let our expirings walk, we have enough cap room to offer the max to Harris, Draymond Green, or Jimmy Butler.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
              Get over it. Posts like these are worse than a clingy ex-girlfriend

The only thing we can do is maximize the player we have. The current system we have isn't maximizing his production or his trade value. Something needs to change.
              HA.

GFY man. Posts like that are for guys like you who, since day one have been chirping about how Drummond wasnt a good pick and ross was.

Pfft.

They are a reminder, a constant one, of how absolutely FUCKED that draft call was.

Guess what, Toronto could have had Drummond. drummond AND JV.

Holy shit.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                Yes, if we let our expirings walk, we have enough cap room to offer the max to Harris, Draymond Green, or Jimmy Butler.
                Dan.

Um, I know youre a numbers guy, but youre also a ball guy.... Why or how would Jimmy Butler be leaving Chicago?

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  There have already been reports that Chicago is likely willing to match any max offer, so that goes out the window. Chicago is one of the cheaper organizations in terms of going into the tax, but it doesn't look like Butler will be a casualty of that. Probably more likely they let Gibson walk then give him another decent paycheck (could be a good target for our team in his own right).

As for Orlando....I find teams in their situation are hard to judge. It seems obvious that since they're young and improving, they should just keep investing in the pieces they have because those pieces are pretty good. However, again, I'm not sure what their plans really are and it's not easy to get a read on them. Pat was a major target of theirs this past summer, which would've led to a minutes crunch for their young forwards. Definitely makes me wonder if they don't see a Harris-Gordon frontcourt as a very good match.
                  Isn't Gibson already under contract for another 2 seasons after this?
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• This lanky fuck needs to go, you would think he just ha a kid and would want to set him self up for a big pay day and Increase his PT and step up when DD was out, NAH! hes been non existent on both ends of the floor. No D, no O, nothing.

All he does is post pics on IG about he gettin down on 2K, sends his lazy ass to rebuilding Denver with a pick for Wilson chandler, guy is a stud, just balls ! shoots the 3, rebounds and defends. FUCK TROSS. I'll quote Sam "WE NEED MEN ! WE NEED SOME MEN THAT WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME !'' hes right and TRoss is a pussy, bitch made nigga.
                    "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      Isn't Gibson already under contract for another 2 seasons after this?
                      Yup. My bad. But still, if they're going to cut costs somewhere, the frontcourt seems most likely.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Yup. My bad. But still, if they're going to cut costs somewhere, the frontcourt seems most likely.
                        His 2 year deal is why they want to dump him. They have Noah, Gasol and Mirotic and pay 9M to him seems too much considering Butlers impending deal. They offered Butler 14M to keep him and Gibson but he turned it down. 14M is the magic number that would have let them keep Gibson and Butler.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                          Dan.

Um, I know youre a numbers guy, but youre also a ball guy.... Why or how would Jimmy Butler be leaving Chicago?
                          He wouldn't. And Chicago would probably match even if he did. But he nonetheless remains a part of that group of guys coming off their rookie scale deals for whom we could afford to offer the max. I made no comment on their willingness to sign nor their teams' willingness to match.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• rdiaz101 wrote: View Post
                            This lanky fuck needs to go, you would think he just ha a kid and would want to set him self up for a big pay day and Increase his PT and step up when DD was out, NAH! hes been non existent on both ends of the floor. No D, no O, nothing.

All he does is post pics on IG about he gettin down on 2K, sends his lazy ass to rebuilding Denver with a pick for Wilson chandler, guy is a stud, just balls ! shoots the 3, rebounds and defends. FUCK TROSS. I'll quote Sam "WE NEED MEN ! WE NEED SOME MEN THAT WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME !'' hes right and TRoss is a pussy, bitch made nigga.
                            i get that TROSS is absolutely terrible... but about the bold, TR and JJ told you to...

TR : eat a dick
                            JJ : matter of fact eat a couple

Comment

• On the "wishful thinking" front, how about any trade package that gets us Nic Batum for T-Ross? He's also in a funk, but I always thought he would be perfect for our team. If an opportunity presented itself for us to get him for say, Ross, Hayes and Hansbrough, would you do it?

Comment

On the "wishful thinking" front, how about any trade package that gets us Nic Batum for T-Ross? He's also in a funk, but I always thought he would be perfect for our team. If an opportunity presented itself for us to get him for say, Ross, Hayes and Hansbrough, would you do it?
                                Without question.

Portland is not going to make that trade unless they're blackmailed though.

Comment

Working...
                                X