Everything Terrence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Last night probablt was Ross best game in a while. 6pts, no rebs, no ast, didn't get to the line. Tells you everything. LOL.
    Hard to believe JJ plays the same position on the same team and has so much more of an impact on the game.

At this point Ross' primary value is as a floor spacer. He's turning into any one of a number of minimal impact role players who can shoot 40% from three and do almost nothing else well.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      Hard to believe JJ plays the same position on the same team and has so much more of an impact on the game.

At this point Ross' primary value is as a floor spacer. He's turning into any one of a number of minimal impact role players who can shoot 40% from three and do almost nothing else well.
      JJ is a small forward and is actually better getting to the rim then Demar. His starting hurts Demar since he clogs the paint, while Demars mid range helps JJ to penetrate. If they surrounded JJ with 2Pats and Ross it helps JV and Lowry. Ross defending the PG or SG also unloads defensive responsibility from Lowry

Comment

• JJ has simply been out playing Terrence Ross.

JJ as Starter 28.3 mpg
        12.8 ppg, 5.3 rebs, 1.6 ast, 1.1 stl, 1.3 bls FG .663 3FG .333 Ft .760
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I think Ross is one player that would benefit from a hard nosed coach like Thibs, Karl or Pop. Not because they are great coaches, but I think Ross may respond better to getting torn into every once in a while. Dude just coasts way too much.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            JJ has simply been out playing Terrence Ross.

JJ as Starter 28.3 mpg
            12.8 ppg, 5.3 rebs, 1.6 ast, 1.1 stl, 1.3 bls FG .663 3FG .333 Ft .760
            JJ is fantastic. I think signing him to an extension is more important than bringing back Amir or Lou, and that's not a knock on those guys, JJ has just been that damn good.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              While he may only ever end up being a role player, I do wonder how much of an impact his actual role on the team affects his productivity.

When you watch last nights game, Ross was basically not involved in the offence at all (Ross and Amir had the lowest Usage%). He basically rotates around the perimeter for the odd kickout and that's all. Despite limited touches, he doesn't seem to be playing selfishly and forcing his shot (unlike some other players **cough GV cough**) and is still playing within (what we must call) the "offensive system".

Consider how painful it's been to watch the team ignore JV for the last year and half, Ross has the added disadvantage of having other wing players who (mostly deserve to) get those shots.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• ^ To me, it actually looks like Ross wants to force his offense. As you mentioned he doesn't really see the ball much. When he gets it, he often looks for that awful long 2 or that quick 3, which is often over a defender. I think the reason he doesn't get more shots off and he passes it off instead is because he can't create his own shot.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                  JJ is fantastic. I think signing him to an extension is more important than bringing back Amir or Lou, and that's not a knock on those guys, JJ has just been that damn good.
                  That's why I wanna hold off on signing Lou. Who knows if Ross can be effective as a catch and shoot backup SG? The we get a guy to back JJ and maybe sign Amir?
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                    2 Year 15 million should do it.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                      ^ To me, it actually looks like Ross wants to force his offense. As you mentioned he doesn't really see the ball much. When he gets it, he often looks for that awful long 2 or that quick 3, which is often over a defender. I think the reason he doesn't get more shots off and he passes it off instead is because he can't create his own shot.
                      Perhaps but that isn't what I saw. He tried to take Babbitt off the dribble a few times but didn't have much room to operate since it was in the corner (if Casey wanted to take that mismatch then he should have had Ross get the ball at the top instead of the corner). The long two for Ross has actually been his most effective shot this season (see earlier post for the stats) so I'm not surprised or too disappointed to see him use it to try and get going.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                        I think Ross is one player that would benefit from a hard nosed coach like Thibs, Karl or Pop. Not because they are great coaches, but I think Ross may respond better to getting torn into every once in a while. Dude just coasts way too much.

Actually I think otherwise. He will crumble, curl up and go lie down in a fetal position. There is some psyche issue imo because clearly he has the physical tools. The guys you mention while great coaches have no time for players they think are not putting out or getting it for whatever reason.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                          I think Ross is one player that would benefit from a hard nosed coach like Thibs, Karl or Pop. Not because they are great coaches, but I think Ross may respond better to getting torn into every once in a while. Dude just coasts way too much.
                          Nope. Pops said he doesn't want any player that needs to be motivated. Ross doesn't even look close to being self-motivated at all

Comment

• Can someone please tell me who the fuck told Dwane Casey that Terrence Ross is capable of playing SF?! Just because the man is 6'7" and has long arms doesn't qualify him to play SF. This kid is as pure an SG as they come, and I honestly don't see how anyone can think otherwise. I really think under some proper coaching and some consistent minutes at his natural position, the results that we all want would happen. Simple as that.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
                                Can someone please tell me who the fuck told Dwane Casey that Terrence Ross is capable of playing SF?! Just because the man is 6'7" and has long arms doesn't qualify him to play SF. This kid is as pure an SG as they come, and I honestly don't see how anyone can think otherwise. I really think under some proper coaching and some consistent minutes at his natural position, the results that we all want would happen. Simple as that.
                                He has 6'7 wingspan...he has t-rex hands. I don't mean you TRex
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X