Everything Terrence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLF wrote: View Post
    I knew Terrence wasn't a hard worker. There is NO way in hell he could have been a hard worker and look like this this season. There has been absolutely NO improvement in his game what so ever. I'm so over him. I can't wait until we trade this guy
    He has regressed from last year.
    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
      Unless he miraculously plays well in playoffs....
      I don't see how that will happen, he just seems to have lost it.
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        Talented from athletic point of view maybe? Most of these guys are great athletes. Running, jumping, stamina, coodination and etc. But when it comes to actually playing basketball you see who has skills and who doesn't.
        Ross is lacking the skills, and doesn't seem to be working on adding any. Sounds right.

iblastoff wrote: View Post
        secondly, i'm confused as to how you're arguing about austin rivers being good because 'he dropped 28 last night' or austin daye because he has a ring. if thats your definition of being 'good' than i'm not sure what you're gonna believe as being bad.
        LOL sorry, I was joking about that.

Comment

• Meh. Ross barely played real minutes his first year. Big time rookies tend to get 30 MPG on terrible teams. And in their second year hit the sophomore slump. This is Ross' sophomore slump. He'll get through it - he's shown in the past that even when he is inconsistent, he can be a difference maker defensively and is a great threat from the corners when used properly. Let him get his feet back under him, and his head on straight, and he's got a future as a role playing starter, or a spark plug bench player.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            ...Let him get his feet back under him, and his head on straight, and he's got a future as a role playing starter, or a spark plug bench player.
            Everyone wants to believe this is true. But it doesn't seem like Ross has hit a Rookie slump. More like he has gone rookie cave diving.

Comment

• puffer wrote: View Post
              everyone wants to believe this is true. But it doesn't seem like ross has hit a rookie slump. More like he has gone rookie cave diving.
              lollll !!!

Comment

• He's clearly been the weak link on this teams roster this year. Problem is that he has all the talent and ability in the world, but just doesn't seem to have the drive to succeed. It's a case of some guys loving basketball and to others it being a job. From his body language it just seems like it's a job he doesn't particularly enjoy right now. Would hate to see him blow up somewhere else, but maybe a change of scenery is best for both he and the Raptors.

Comment

• I think there is definitely some “Chicken Little” action going on here. Yes, Ross is not performing where many expected and all hoped he’d be. But his performance isn’t nearly as dire as some seem to be painting it. In fact, he hasn't improved is really the biggest complaint that can be made, but even with his shooting troubles (%s are down), he is still producing the same numbers across the board.

Look at his per game comparison

Season Age G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
                  2013-14 22 81 62 26.7 3.9 9.3 .423 2.0 5.0 .395 1.0 1.2 .837 3.1 1.0 0.8 0.3 1.1 2.3 10.9
                  2014-15 23 55 40 25.6 3.8 9.4 .407 1.7 4.7 .363 0.7 0.9 .809 3.1 1.0 0.6 0.3 0.9 1.7 10.1

Yes, he is shooting worse % from FG, 3P and FT, but all of that is only accounting for a 0.8 decrease in total scoring, despite not different in shot attempts. He equally has actually improvements in Turn Overs and Fouls.

If you look at his shooting breakdown a bit closer, you see the comparison:

2-Pt 3-Pt
                  % of FG% Dunk Corner
                  Season FG% 2P 0-3 3-10 10-16 16 3 3P 2P 0-3 3-10 10-16 16 3 3P %Astd %FGA Md. %Astd %3PA 3P%
                  2013-14 .423 .457 .125 .113 .097 .121 .543 .458 .649 .459 .411 .297 .395 .541 .039 25 .950 .331 .415
                  2014-15 .407 .507 .135 .104 .106 .164 .493 .449 .586 .352 .400 .424 .363 .576 .050 23 .903 .332 .376

He is taking more 2 point attempts than last year (over half, compared to 45.7% last year), yet is shooting the corner 3 at the same frequency 33.1% vs 33.2% of his 3 point shot attempts. His shooting % is down at every level except the long two (16 ft+) where he is shooting 42.4% - (better than any season of DD at that range and compared to 29.7% last year). He is also dunking more this year (just 2 fewer than last year with only part of the season complete), which is good.

I'm not saying that Ross is playing well or even that he will play better, all I am saying is that the biggest problem seems to come with the expectations and perception of Ross, rather than the actual production. He is producing as well as last year, despite his shooting woes. If his shots starts to fall (he has a nice stroke, so it would certainly seem like something that should correct itself over time), then he will be producing more and be more valuable to the team. Patience might just be needed.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• The chart above doesn't show blow-by's by Andre Miller

To me his defense seems to have regressed to the point where his offensive numbers would have to be 20% higher across the board just to balance out. He has started 17 fewer games, so he is playing against the other teams bench units, by and large. So you would expect to see his shooting, rebounding and assist numbers go up. And the fact that he is looking worse defensively this year (against bench units at least some of the time) is not a strong endorsement of his capabilities.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                      The chart above doesn't show blow-by's by Andre Miller

To me his defense seems to have regressed to the point where his offensive numbers would have to be 20% higher across the board just to balance out. He has started 17 fewer games, so he is playing against the other teams bench units, by and large. So you would expect to see his shooting, rebounding and assist numbers go up. And the fact that he is looking worse defensively this year (against bench units at least some of the time) is not a strong endorsement of his capabilities.
                      Well if he shooting %s returned to last year, then that would likely be a 20% higher offensive output.

I agree, his defence has not kept up, but I think people are going a bit far in their overall assessment of Ross based, primarily, on reports (which may or not be true) that he doesn't hang around after practice. Someone has to be first to leave, makes sense that the person with a young child would be that person.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                        ...I think people are going a bit far in their overall assessment of Ross based, primarily, on reports (which may or not be true) that he doesn't hang around after practice. Someone has to be first to leave, makes sense that the person with a young child would be that person.
                        Agree with you about the reactions to reports, instagram posts and tweets. I don't care about any of that. I just watch the games and according to my eyeballs, he is playing worse. And for the last three weeks, he has been playing worse while playing against other teams second units. Clearly something is wrong.

Casey started the year off using Ross in the same role he was in last year. You would expect him to match last years numbers at least. Based on the fact that this year he has two full seasons under his belt, you would actually expect him to do better than last year, when he had only had spot use in his first year at the start of the season. But he has not improved, has in fact regressed.

A lot of young players improve steadily for their first three years, based on increased experience and extra work put in over off-season when they work on their weaker skills. Ross is doubly disappointing for that reason, as you alluded to in post #908.

Comment

• Patience. DD didn't have the breakout year everybody expected in year 3. Give the Kid some time. Masai is right. It is hard to find players with Ross' combination of athleticism and skill.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Everything Terrence Ross

Axel wrote: View Post
                            Well if he shooting %s returned to last year, then that would likely be a 20% higher offensive output.

I agree, his defence has not kept up, but I think people are going a bit far in their overall assessment of Ross based, primarily, on reports (which may or not be true) that he doesn't hang around after practice. Someone has to be first to leave, makes sense that the person with a young child would be that person.
                            And yet he still has time to host 2k15 games??
                            Most of the starting lineup has kids while JVs wife is about 8 months along now.

That "someone" who's the first to leave shouldn't be the dude who lost his starter position and has to have confirmation from Masai that he won't be moved.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                              And yet he still has time to host 2k15 games??
                              Most of the starting lineup has kids while JVs wife is about 8 months along now.

That "someone" who's the first to leave shouldn't be the dude who lost his starter position and has to have confirmation from Masai that he won't be moved.
                              Hosting 2k is somehow interfering with his development?

He's the youngest with a kid, so it's a bit different. You really don't know the impact of a child until you have one.

You're being quite hard on the human being rather than the player.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                Hosting 2k is somehow interfering with his development?
                                yes. if hes using his time to dick around rather than actually trying to get better. players should definitely have time to relax. but not when you're being absolutely terrible on court to the point where you've lost your starters position and are STILL mostly terrible coming off the bench.

Axel wrote: View Post
                                He's the youngest with a kid, so it's a bit different. You really don't know the impact of a child until you have one.
                                DD is 25. Ross is 24. hardly a huge difference. as for the impact of having a kid? all i know is that every player on the roster has said that having a kid has made them a BETTER player.

Comment

Working...
                                X