No announcement yet.

Everything Terrence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im surprised how bad Ross's handle is. Its worse than Quincy Acy's........

Comment

• Xixak wrote: View Post
      Idk why but this team tried to make DeRozan into Kobe, when he really should've been molded into more of a Richard Jefferson type of player.
      DeRozan was considered one of the best potential guys in that draft. He already was super athletic and they forecasted that he could develop the 3 point shot since he was/is a good free throw shooter. Good free throw shooting mechanics often translates to good 3 point shooting range. Unfortunately, they basically threw him the ball on the wing and expected it to happen.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• ezz_bee wrote: View Post
        I'm only responding because I'm pretty sure were responding to me.
        Heh.

I wasn't.

And yes, in the context of the very fact that he is in the NBA, and all the OBVIOUS givens hidden therein, playing a position in Basketball is easy.

This is not new for them.
        They have been at it for more than a decade.
        Its HARD WORK. Period. Many young players hit the NBA and think, "we've made it." So they stop...they coast, they allow the hype to become reality. I know enough, from experience, that playing a sport at a high level, from a purely fundamental stand point is easy, it flows, the reps make it so. But I also know that the moment you think you are there, and you let up, you're cooked because the game changes, it evolves, and your skills need to as well. Its hard work, its focus, its planning and training, its tape, and constructive analysis and response to critique.

Playing the actual game...at that point however, is the easy part.

The Raptors management and coaching staff have asked all players, just as every other team does, to work on certain things, but that doesnt mean they shouldnt continue doing what they do best. Its simply wrong to believe that this is an issue...as if a player is being asked to learn too much. They are asked to play basic basketball, run the sets, set the picks, release, roll, hedge, call out the ball, tale, box out, rebound...they asked to play basketball, hard. Then, and ONLY THEN can a coach make an assessment on a Rookie or 2-3rd year players true strengths and values.

So I stress, to you again, and yes, this time YOU.... SA doesn't pigeon hole guys out of the box, they do the same thing Toronto is doing with Ross. It may seem as if they do as they have had the same GM, Coach, and system in place for years......makes it look easy, but honestly, if you think otherwise you aren't correct.

Terence Ross aint a bust. Not yet. But his focus HIS, not the coaches, HAS to be to get his head in the right place. Dunk contests, celebrity fun, thats all bullshit in your first few years, his job is to learn, 24/7/ He didn't do that lat year, I guarantee his mates and coaches agree, and he will be expected to turn it up this season.

Comment

• Great post Craig.

I always felt Ross seemed to rest on his laurels last season high pick rookie season hes in the NBA now no need to work any harder.

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
            Terence Ross aint a bust. Not yet. But his focus HIS, not the coaches, HAS to be to get his head in the right place. Dunk contests, celebrity fun, thats all bullshit in your first few years, his job is to learn, 24/7/ He didn't do that lat year I guarantee his mates and coaches agree, and he will be expected to turn it up this season.
            How do you know?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
              How do you know?
              That's just it. How many players bust their ass their entire life and just aren't good enough? I'm no stats junkie, but I'd wager a good sum that there's more hard-working basketball players outside of the NBA than in it. Saying that somebody who doesn't live up to their athletic potential (or, use all of their "tools"....) isn't trying hard enough is downright disrespectful. Hard work doesn't mean automatic success, especially at this level. I'm making no assumptions about his ethic based on being in a dunk contest, I'll just watch the games. If he doesn't pan out as a player, frankly it doesn't matter why.
              "This just in........ THE RAPTORS ARE AMAZING!"

Comment

• ok. Were all allowed to hav an opinion. I like mine, I worked hard to get it.

Cheers boys.

Comment

ok. Were all allowed to hav an opinion. I like mine, I worked hard to get it.

Cheers boys.
                  Mine just came to me. Natural talent, I assume.

Comment

• hahaha

Love it. YOU'RE the guy we all love to hate.

Comment

hahaha

Love it. YOU'RE the guy we all love to hate.

Comment

• In Colangelo's last 1-2 years in Toronto the buzz words of choice became "culture" and "program."

Every time I heard them, especially in that last year, I thought, "God he talks a big game and never delivers."

I think when culture and program are dropped by Masai, he means it.

I'm really excited to see Ross this year.

I believe his talent and athleticism are off the charts. If he starts putting in the work similar to DeMar..... wowzers.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

In Colangelo's last 1-2 years in Toronto the buzz words of choice became "culture" and "program."

Every time I heard them, especially in that last year, I thought, "God he talks a big game and never delivers."

I believe his talent and athleticism are off the charts. If he starts putting in the work similar to DeMar..... wowzers.
                          Saw glimpses last year. I really loved it when he amped up the effort on D. If he has swigged the "hard work" kool aid, it could be a breakout year for him.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

In Colangelo's last 1-2 years in Toronto the buzz words of choice became "culture" and "program."

That's awesome. A dude that doesn't get paid by Raptors and has nothing to gain from it is praising Ross. That's big. Ross posted a pic of him in Brooklyn and said "think about this series everyday" I guess that's where he gets that fire
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Ross did some nasty passing to the roller last year, heard the Raptors were working him hard in PnR. RAps are virtually a lock for 2nd seed next year.
                              Myself (March 2014):
                              The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• Everything Terrence Ross

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                That's awesome. A dude that doesn't get paid by Raptors and has nothing to gain from it is praising Ross. That's big. Ross posted a pic of him in Brooklyn and said "think about this series everyday" I guess that's where he gets that fire

He played terrible and probably blames himself rightfully so. Funny thing is I'm pretty sure he missed this lay up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Fri Jul 4, 2014, 09:38 AM.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X