Everything Terrence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    So the third year player Ross (who has had an extremely quick hook compared to many of his draftsmen) needs to get his shit together now. Or, we might as well spend his court time trying to develop a sixth year player who has not done anything yet either.

I smell hypocracy...
    I understand you really really really like Ross....but i would chill with the excuses....

Ross hasn't played very well this year so far. Why make excuses for a guy who CURRENTLY starts every game, shoots 37.5% from the floor, 30% from 3's with only 4 free throw attempts in 5 games (playing 25 minutes per night)??

He's playing pretty horrible so far. As a starting SF he should be good for at least 14 ppg this year with all the attention Demar, Lowry and JV are currently getting. Dude should be hitting wide open jumpers and getting to the rim more.

By no means have I given up on him.....but i'm not making any excuses for him either. He needs to get his shit together or he can watch JJ or someone else (if they trade for a SF) take the starting SF position away from him.

Comment

• don't really know why everyones spazzing out about ross, it's been 5 games. relax.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Ross needs to trust his mid-range jumper more. With his leaping ability, the dribble-pullup-15-footer should be automatic. Instead, he continues his drives and ends up throwing up a heavily-contested circus shot with very low chance of going in. So if he's not hitting corner 3s, he's not scoring at all.

The last time he tried that pullup J, he was blocked by Korver in the opener. He hasn't tried it since :|

Comment

• I'm with you Superjudge. Nobody is holding back Ross but himself. He's getting plenty of opportunity to perform, and this quick hook thing is bunk. He's just not being sent back out when he's not performing. 28 minutes in the first 2 games, but he's been invisible the next 3, so sits to allow more productive players on the court.

Comment

• Everybody agrees he's got all the physical tools to be an excellent NBA wing. It's his mind as much as anything, and nothing we know about how the coaches and players treat him can be blamed for that.

I don't know if anyone else remembers, but I recall an article about how he's been a slow starter at every level he's played at, but eventually catches up. The difference here is that the learning curve is a lot bigger at this level than anything he encountered at high school, or going from there to college. I've still got faith in the kid, and in the situation (team) he's in.

Comment

• It's only been 5 games lol

Wait till like game 20 at least to judge Ross, he's usually a slow starter
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• I never once said he "can't' or "won't" get better, I'm just saying, he had better do it soon.

He's a started in the NBA, ya gotta carry your weight.

Comment

• If this was last year and Ross was playing like this we would probably be like 1-4. Luckily were deeper this year.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I wonder if Ross wants to be great or he just wants to get by and a serviceable player his whole career
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Whatever Ross wants, I never expected greatness from him. That said, he could be a very good role player and 4th/5th starter as a 3+D guy.

I have little issue with how he's played thus far. His shots will start dropping, and he's been on and off defensively, but the entire team has been mostly off defensively so I find it odd to single him out.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        Whatever Ross wants, I never expected greatness from him. That said, he could be a very good role player and 4th/5th starter as a 3+D guy.

I have little issue with how he's played thus far. His shots will start dropping, and he's been on and off defensively, but the entire team has been mostly off defensively so I find it odd to single him out.
                        I don't know if you mean "singled out" by fans or coach. If fans, I agree that he's far from the only one lacking the focus and intensity needed on D. Casey's gotta be pulling his hair out by now. However, if you mean that you feel he's being singled out by coach, and the only one being sat, the problem is if he's not providing D, he's providing nothing. When he was making shots in the first 2 games, he got 28 minutes. If his D is subpar, and he's nothing more than a body the opponents need not pay attention to on offense, I wouldn't call his PT singling him out.

Comment

• chico wrote: View Post
                          I don't know if you mean "singled out" by fans or coach. If fans, I agree that he's far from the only one lacking the focus and intensity needed on D. Casey's gotta be pulling his hair out by now. However, if you mean that you feel he's being singled out by coach, and the only one being sat, the problem is if he's not providing D, he's providing nothing. When he was making shots in the first 2 games, he got 28 minutes. If his D is subpar, and he's nothing more than a body the opponents need not pay attention to on offense, I wouldn't call his PT singling him out.
                          Fans, not coach. Like I said, no issues with his performance or use thus far.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Remember a year or 2 ago when i said that the Raps should stop fucking around w/ Ross game? the guy is a 3pt shooter/catch and shoot guy. That's the type of player they drafted.

Now the Raps are trying to make Ross put the ball on the floor more, go iso, pretty much like DeRozan. Why? That's not his game, and he looks very uncomfortable out there. I mentioned last year that Mo Pete is the type of guy Ross should emulate, catch and shoot guy. I still feel that way.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Problem is Ross is driving with Lowry and DD. He should stay on perimeter for open 3s. If they want him to ball handle he needs to be on the second unit. 2Pats is bouncing the ball too much too. Our best 3 pt shooters are trying to penetrate too much.

Comment

• I'm the biggest T Ross supporter,but his been dogging it lately..not sure if his on the same page with his coach Casey. I'm just saying,some vets get more of a rope than the kid,his in his third year,maybe Coach Casey should let the kid play even though his struggling,something is got 2 give. U can't play him 20 minutes or so,play him 35 minutes and above and u will c the difference,guaranteed.
                                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Working...
                                X