Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    I agree on everything minus our big rotation

I think they are being massively under-utilized and look much, much less effective than they can be
    Honestly, everyone on the team is much less effective than they can be, it's just the bigs are especially less effective.

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
      If you think Casey is the ONLY thing wrong with the team, you're implicitly suggesting that the team, as currently constructed, would have a better record than it currently has.

I'm not buying it.

We have a mediocre big rotation. Our best big defender is playing hurt and in decline. Two of our guards (Lou and GV) are below average defenders at their position. Our starting 3 is undersized/inconsistent and his back-ups can't space the floor. Our shooting guard has no 3-point range. Our starting point guard is undersized and has difficulty passing into the post.

I still like our team on the whole, but really, the roster is a team that will end up 10 games over .500, at best.
      Who cares about the record Atlanta was a terrible team last year but the system was in place to improve. There is no sense that the Raptor system will improve the team in the future.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
        Just rewatched Ross' PT just to make sure I am not pulling BS out of my ass.

He had a grand total of 1 poor defensive play where he and Amir got mixed up on a PnR with Evans. For the rest he didn't get scored on once...

That's it...

Does that ever warrant a benching?

There has to be something behind the curtains, because it wasn't his on-court play
        You sure do have some rose coloured glasses when it comes to Ross....

Dude has NO confidence.... He didn't do anything of significance when he was on the floor. He has no trust in his handles and doesn't ever pump fake and drive to the rim. Why is he so fragile??? Honestly, it's not like anyone even game plans for Ross... To me this is a red flag.

He has some tools but mentally is not nearly competitive to warrant being handed the starting SF position right now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
          You sure do have some rose coloured glasses when it comes to Ross....

Dude has NO confidence.... He didn't do anything of significance when he was on the floor. He has no trust in his handles and doesn't ever pump fake and drive to the rim. Why is he so fragile??? Honestly, it's not like anyone even game plans for Ross... To me this is a red flag.

He has some tools but mentally is not nearly competitive to warrant being handed the starting SF position right now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          He isn't fragile he is a spot up shooter playing for a coach who can't design a play for anybody. 2Pats disappears too. Unless TRoss starts creating shots off the dribble, which he should, on the perimeter there isn't as lot he can do. Novak was useless with Casey too. Replace Bud or Kerr with Casey and watch alot of players, some near all-stars, suddenly become useless.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
            He isn't fragile he is a spot up shooter playing for a coach who can't design a play for anybody. 2Pats disappears too. Unless TRoss starts creating shots off the dribble, which he should, on the perimeter there isn't as lot he can do. Novak was useless with Casey too. Replace Bud or Kerr with Casey and watch alot of players, some near all-stars, suddenly become useless.
            #BringBackButch

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
              Who cares about the record Atlanta was a terrible team last year but the system was in place to improve. There is no sense that the Raptor system will improve the team in the future.
              I half-agree. The current offense/defense relies a lot on depth and players being able to play both directions. It's bad at hiding weaknesses.

For example, I can imagine an alternate reality where Ross and JV are worse as individual defenders if they were developed on team like the Timberwolves or Cavs. But at the same time, our system isn't going to help guys like GV who will never be fast enough to rotate and recover.

Masai has all the information he needs now. He's seen the ceiling and nadir of this roster and it's system. I hope he makes adjustments to both.

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                I half-agree. The current offense/defense relies a lot on depth and players being able to play both directions. It's bad at hiding weaknesses.

For example, I can imagine an alternate reality where Ross and JV are worse as individual defenders if they were developed on team like the Timberwolves or Cavs. But at the same time, our system isn't going to help guys like GV who will never be fast enough to rotate and recover.

Masai has all the information he needs now. He's seen the ceiling and nadir of this roster and it's system. I hope he makes adjustments to both.
                Both Ross and JV were scouted as good D players. Physically Ross is quick and JV can hold his ground. Wiggin is a good defender regardless of which team he plays on. Most of JV and Ross problems are help related in an overly complicated and aggressive system. Casey makes players look bad.

Comment

• Regardless of how Ross has performed up to this point, I still would like to see a coaching change before we ship out somebody with his potential. It's worth seeing what another coach could do with our roster before blowing it up with trades and moving parts around . It would suck to see Lou, Ross, JJ , even GV get sent away 5hen bring in a better coach who could have used them properly. I feel like Lou would be more dangerous if he had plays for him, instead of iso everything.

Comment

• Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      DeMar is way more aggressive than Ross. It was one game but I didn't see Ross drive once at the rim. Everything in the half court was a jump shot.
                      5th post in this thread. NAILED it

Comment

• Ok so what to do with this guy???
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          Ok so what to do with this guy???
                          Trade him for a Large Donair?
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Darrell Walker: "He'll be out of NBA.This kid can't play."
                            Butch Carter: "So why don't you teach him?"

about Tracy McGrady
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                              5th post in this thread. NAILED it
                              You're kidding right?

Comparing and judge a jumpshooter to a slasher is some dumb shit.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                Darrell Walker: "He'll be out of NBA.This kid can't play."
                                Butch Carter: "So why don't you teach him?"

about Tracy McGrady
                                And this is why I keep posting to bring back Butch....

Comment

Working...
                                X