Everything Terrence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post

Ross does not seem out of shape... He's a very skinny player with little strength... Hmmm. :S
    disagree. he is a skinny, taunt and strong player. pretty sure he had the least body fat of the combine this year. meaning he is almost all muscle. i think a body like that will be hard to add pounds to but it is a strong athletic body. his legs are also very strong, if you watch his first step or on his drives he gets low and then powers out really quickly. i don't think he is going to vince carter over/through the big shot blockers but most 3/4s wont be able to stop him from going hard at the rim.

Comment

he's got D Rose springs in his legs

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        disagree. he is a skinny, taunt and strong player. pretty sure he had the least body fat of the combine this year. meaning he is almost all muscle. i think a body like that will be hard to add pounds to but it is a strong athletic body. his legs are also very strong, if you watch his first step or on his drives he gets low and then powers out really quickly. i don't think he is going to vince carter over/through the big shot blockers but most 3/4s wont be able to stop him from going hard at the rim.
        If he is strong than his legs should be able to hold up... Yet again, he has played 4 games in a row with one day of break, but still... BUT, the guy is extremely athletic, throws it down almost as good as Kid Dynamite. In terms of strength, it will be the same body build process Demar is going through, cause Demar had the same type of body.

I was very surprised with his inconsistency, because he had the potential to light up the score boards EVERY game, not so much take over a game, but really be an impact. Everyone may say, dude, chill, it's summer league, but he's playing against below average NBA Talent, this guy should be out there being an eye-catcher.

I'm just undervaluing this guy, only to be proven, and not be dissapointed.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Fitting title to this link:

http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2012...otten-raptors/

T-Ross and the Forgotten Raptors

Comment

*sigh*

Alright, I admit it now...

Demar step up, or bye bye, because Ross honestly looks promising down the future. BUT, Demar has been very solid for me, and I'm not willing to give up on him...

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
              *sigh*

Alright, I admit it now...

Demar step up, or bye bye, because Ross honestly looks promising down the future. BUT, Demar has been very solid for me, and I'm not willing to give up on him...
              I guess we'll see next season! I know this might sound silly, but we have three players who are trying to push for an All-star appearance. If Demar works hard this offseason and training camp, I can see him having an amazing season. Bargnani started last season like an all-star, so if he can continue to play that well healthy, I don't see why he shouldn't be an All-star next season. Lowry has the potential and drive to be an all-star caliber point guard in the league. If everyone is healthy, next season is gonna be really exciting to watch

Comment

Damian Lillard's summer league showing isn't helping my man crush go away, but Terrence Ross may have had the best highlight package of any player there:

http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/201...LIGHTS-2161802
                “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                ― John Wooden

Comment

The Coach wrote: View Post
                  Damian Lillard's summer league showing isn't helping my man crush go away, but Terrence Ross may have had the best highlight package of any player there:

I've seen some of the boxscores for Lillard: wow.

Not sure how much talent is on the summer league roster but it does not appear he is setting anything up or running an offense. Full disclosure: I did not watch any games, going off boxscore, correct me if wrong.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    I've seen some of the boxscores for Lillard: wow.

Not sure how much talent is on the summer league roster but it does not appear he is setting anything up or running an offense. Full disclosure: I did not watch any games, going off boxscore, correct me if wrong.
                    Based on the stats, nobody is setting anybody up. The highest APG is Kemba Walker at 5.8. Lillard is still averaging 5.3 APG which is the exactly same as Marshall (with similar minutes), who was touted as a much better facilitator.
                    “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                    ― John Wooden

Comment

The Coach wrote: View Post
                      Based on the stats, nobody is setting anybody up. The highest APG is Kemba Walker at 5.8. Lillard is still averaging 5.3 APG which is the exactly same as Marshall (with similar minutes), who was touted as a much better facilitator.
                      Oh. I thought I read 3.5 somewhere. I guess I am dyslexic :P

Comment

Terrence Ross Summer League Highlights
                        TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post

Terrence Ross Summer League Highlights
                          He shoots nice and smooth and those dunks are nice touch. I like Ross - dude's a baller.
                          Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Of course, we all know that nothing that happens in summer League means anything in the regular season. But he does seem to have good shooting mechanics.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                              Of course, we all know that nothing that happens in summer League means anything in the regular season. But he does seem to have good shooting mechanics.
                              Word is, scouts and executives call his jump-shot, an "NBA jump-shot." I have no real definition of what the term means, but by all accounts, you have to be a good shooter in the NBA...

Comment

Terrence Ross (8th overall, 2012 – Toronto Raptors)

A surprise to many after being taken in the top-10 of this year’s draft, Ross went into the NBA Summer League trying to prove his doubters wrong and that he was indeed worthy of the eighth overall pick. To be just, Ross did score over 21 points in two summer league contests, although it took an average of 18 shot attempts to get there in each contest.

Overall, Ross proved that he’s capable of putting up points by averaging almost 14.5 per, but efficiency in getting those totals was an issue. Ross made only 37 percent of his shots in summer league, was 6-24 behind the arc and finished by making only 2 of 8 baskets in the Raptors’ summer league finale.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-summer...buyers-remorse
                                TR31 showing up on HoopsWorld.com Summer League Buyers Remorse list.

Other notables:
                                Dion Waiters
                                Jan Vesely
                                Derek Williams
                                Austin Rivers

Keep in mind Jerryd Bayless was a 2008 Summer League MVP so future success in the NBA is hardly determined by SL action..... and as usual the only mention is offensive in this list.

Comment

Working...
                                X