Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

torch19 wrote: View Post
    Why give away James Johnson ?!! WHY !

Sad times. I really like him as a help side defender & I thought of him more as a power forward as well. I don't get what you make out of a future second rounder.

For all the hype BC got from the Lowry trade, his past 2 moves really irks me.
    To clear some room, you have to make transactions like this. We didn't give him away for nothing (we got a 2nd rounder for it). Besides, he was clashing with DC. I'm surprised it has taken this long.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

at least it'll be a high second rounder!
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I'm guessing but this is what I think happens:

Dallas: Calderon
        Toronto: Dahntay Jones
        Boston: Terry

Terry is $5M and Jones $2.9M

That is 7.9M

150% of 7.9 is 11.85

If memory serves correct, Jose has a trade kicker of 10%.

His $10.5 becomes $11.55 in a trade.

So, if this goes down, Toronto is about to free up $10.4M in cap space..... with no backup PG.

If this happens, and it is purely speculation on my part, I hope BC finally does something with the f*cking flexibility. I'm getting tired of hearing about flexibility that leads to nothing.

Comment

So you're essentially trading Jose Calderon and James Johnson .... for Dahntay Jones ? s m d h Colangelo ..... if this ever goes down, I wouldn't know what to think.
          “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

This one hurts my soul. Deeply.

I've never questioned BCs motives ... until today. He better pull out something BIG to follow this up.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              So, if this goes down, Toronto is about to free up $10.4M in cap space..... with no backup PG.

If this happens, and it is purely speculation on my part, I hope BC finally does something with the f*cking flexibility. I'm getting tired of hearing about flexibility that leads to nothing.
              Eww, Dahntay Jones.

Our back-up PG of the future is Ben Uzoh! Triple double machine right there!

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                I'm guessing but this is what I think happens:

Dallas: Calderon
                Toronto: Dahntay Jones
                Boston: Terry

Terry is $5M and Jones $2.9M

That is 7.9M

150% of 7.9 is 11.85

If memory serves correct, Jose has a trade kicker of 10%.

His $10.5 becomes $11.55 in a trade.

I think this is a possible transaction, but if it happens, expect something else to follow. Otherwise, it makes absolutely no sense for Toronto, since Jose's contract is expiring anyways. If Colangelo deals him for cap space now then there must be someone he is targeting with that space.

Comment

Imperial wrote: View Post
                  Eww, Dahntay Jones.

Our back-up PG of the future is Ben Uzoh! Triple double machine right there!
                  have you seen him play in the summer league?
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

imperial wrote: View Post
                    eww, dahntay jones.

Our back-up pg of the future is ben uzoh! Triple double machine right there!
                    lmao

Comment

Not a fan of Coangelo's however if no trades ensue this appears to be initiated by Casey. Obviously a problem between them and for all those who wanted accountability this is what it looks like...Sacremento! It is hard to believe he hadn't been shopped for awhile. Without a further trade this is his market worth. Don't get me wrong , I liked Johnson.

Comment

I liked Johnson as a role player. Seems like he wasn't interested in being a role player though. I have no problem shipping out a guy who clashes with the coach and isn't really a major player on the team.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

I've never questioned BCs motives ... until today. He better pull out something BIG to follow this up.
                          Dude, Bayless and Johnson are gone. I know how you were a Bayless supporter as well. I feel you.

The Raptors better be good next year because they just gave away 2 of the more exciting players we had last year.
                          “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

James Johnson was 1 of the few Raptor players I enjoyed watching, especially since they were preaching defense. He was by far our best perimeter defender. I question whether BC & co. really look into advanced statistics. Funny that Bayless had the 2nd best impact on the team, after Jose & James Johnson had the best defensive impact BY FAR. I'm going by ASPM metric here.

The sad thing is, Johnson's salary of $2.8 M wouldn't have been seen as one that should be dumped had we not overpaid for Landry frikkin Fields & Kleiza (few years back) in the first place.

How do you explain giving away your best perimeter defender on a team that apparently prides itself on defense now? By saying he was a power forward in a small ball line-up? That this is a move for flexibility? What? Flexibility? I hate that damn word. I hope this somehow lands us Iguodala or someone like him. Only in that scenario will I eat my words.

Sincerely,

Raptor fan who was greeted with GOOD F*CKING MORNING TO YOU by Bryan Colangelo & his damn smirk.

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

What would JJ in a trade be worth to you? What would you need to see happen in order to trade JJ. Or do you think his value to the Raps is untradable? I'd like to know, and I promise it isn't a judgement.

For me I saw no value, really, none. He was an ok defender, he had some bright flashes, but we were a terrible team last year that presented the opportunity for a lot of not so great ballers to look better than they really were. I call it the 'Voshon Leonard Effect'

So to me, I'm happy to say bye bye to almost everyone on the team, with the exception of Bargs..unless it put in position for a great trade. I'd also like to see something good happen with Calderon...I think Matt52 has a pretty solid concept right there.

Anyways, for those who loved JJ I'm sorry (not really), now let's focus on grabbing some legit talent.
                              i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

RIDICULOUS!! wtf BC!! if brooklyn could send some garbages and acquire an allstar joe johnson why in the world would you send pieces like this to collect so called 2nd rounders which ends up being solo and pj tucker!! like seriously!! have you guys ever imagined if we could have somehow ended up getting joe johnson and pairing him up with kyle lowry!! that would have been SOMETHING to cheer about!!

I think BC wants out of Toronto too and soon will get his wish

Comment

Working...
                                X