Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• torch19 wrote: View Post
    We could have had Bynum for Bosh.
    So we would have a knucklehead player who is on the clock to leave. Ill pass.

Comment

• What do you like more johnson for a high second or barbosa for a low second
      Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

• I hate to rain on all the Johnson lovers parade but a high 2nd is what JJ is worth. This was a fair trade. Barbosa trade still doesn't make sense to me, I just assume it was the only offer on the table because it wasn't even a cost saving move, we had already paid half his final year.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
          I hate to rain on all the Johnson lovers parade but a high 2nd is what JJ is worth. This was a fair trade. Barbosa trade still doesn't make sense to me, I just assume it was the only offer on the table because it wasn't even a cost saving move, we had already paid half his final year.
          There were probably better offers for Barbosa that involved taking salary back....something Colangelo wanted no part of.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
            no thats not wat i said, if we are going to waste money on some one like fields who we believe has the POTENTIAL to be MEDIOCRE and will never justify his contract. and by no means i am saying we should keep jj. but instead, we could have dumped all da expiring salary like jj, jose, eddie, forbes and other small assets to atlanta( which is exactly what Brooklyn did) for Joe Johnson.
            this is exactly how competitive teams are built, not by paying nash and fields a total of close to 60 mil over 3 years!!!
            Again, Fields "POTENTIAL to be MEDIOCRE and will never justify his contract" is your opinion and has been rebutted otherwise in previous posts. I guess we'll have to wait in a few years to see who is right.

So you're saying, paying Nash and Fields $56 mil (not $60 mil) over 3 years is a dumb move but paying Joe Johnson $90 mil over 4 years is the way BC should have gone??? Joe Johnson who will be 35 and will be paid $25 mil at the end of his contract is what I can define as having the "POTENTIAL to be MEDIOCRE and will never justify his contract". Most people believe Atlanta won this trade. I agree with you though that Brooklyn would be competitive because they had Wallace, and re-signed DWill and Lopez. With your trade proposal, whou would have been left for the Raps to play with Joe Johnson???

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
              I hate to rain on all the Johnson lovers parade but a high 2nd is what JJ is worth. This was a fair trade. Barbosa trade still doesn't make sense to me, I just assume it was the only offer on the table because it wasn't even a cost saving move, we had already paid half his final year.
              +1

Comment

• Demar_8756 wrote: View Post
                JJ is gona kill the raptors when they play the kings.
                You mean kill the D-League team the Raptors are associated with?
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• I'm still stunned that this is getting so much attention. 12 pages? It's only James Johnson!
                  your pal,
                  ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                    I'm still stunned that this is getting so much attention. 12 pages? It's only James Johnson!
                    +1!
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                      My memory might be failing me, but what competitive team with no all-star already there was built by trading for someone they'll have to pay close to 90 million over 4 years starting when that guy is already 31 untill he is almost 35; a player who looks past his peak and in two years (when he still has two years left on his albatros contract) will be top 10 among active players in total minutes played? I'm not exactly wondering why Atlanta traded him.

Maybe signing Nash and Fields was not a good idea, but trading for Johnson certainly wasn't.
                      Actually, I agree that Joe Johnson in vacuum is bad idea, but in the context of bait to acquire Deron Williams, it worked out perfectly for Brooklyn. D-Will himself said he was headed to Dallas until the JJ trade changed his mind. Apparently Prokhorov is so stinking rich that luxury tax means nothing to him, so the Nets are at different financial level than even Mark Cuban or the Knicks. If having D-Will + JJ + Wallace + Brook Lopez in place nets the NETS Dwight Howard in free agency next season, then JJ was the first domino of strategy. Good move, you have to admit.

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                        I'm still stunned that this is getting so much attention. 12 pages? It's only James Johnson!
                        And the yanks and puck heads say no one follows ball in Canada!

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          Actually, I agree that Joe Johnson in vacuum is bad idea, but in the context of bait to acquire Deron Williams, it worked out perfectly for Brooklyn. D-Will himself said he was headed to Dallas until the JJ trade changed his mind. Apparently Prokhorov is so stinking rich that luxury tax means nothing to him, so the Nets are at different financial level than even Mark Cuban or the Knicks. If having D-Will + JJ + Wallace + Brook Lopez in place nets the NETS Dwight Howard in free agency next season, then JJ was the first domino of strategy. Good move, you have to admit.
                          There is the rub though.

In doing what they have done they have limited themselves to mini MLE and min contracts from here on out. Starting next year luxury tax teams cannot even do sign and trades so getting D12 is going to be extremely difficult unless he signs for $3m.
                          Last edited by mcHAPPY; Wed Jul 18, 2012, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            There is the rub though.

In doing what they have done they have limited themselves to mini MLE and min contracts from here on out. Starting next year luxury tax teams cannot even do sign and trades so getting D12 is going to be extremely difficult unless he signs for $3m.
                            You're right. I'm not up to speed on the CBA and cap issues. Regardless, Brooklyn has a really nice starting 5 - on paper. 3 potential 20 point scorers (Lopez, Johnson, Williams) & two 10-15ppg energy guys (Hump, Wallace). All 5 look good on stats like adjusted +/-. Brook Lopez is the key. If he blows up this year, then they might be better off without Howard, since Lopez is already a tremendous low-post scorer. Wallace and Hump offset his poor rebounding. Great post scoring is rare in the league these days. No way that Miami can go small ball for long stretches with Lopez down there. So, even without Howard, I think the JJ gamble paid off pretty good. Instant top 4 team in the Eastern conference for the next few years - on paper.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              You really think BC would not take the best deal possible?

It might be hard to nelieve but raptor fans might have a much higher value of him compared to the rest of the league.
                              I can just see Petrie offering their first-round pick and BC saying "Oh, you don't have to be that generous, we'll be happy with a 2nd rounder."

Comment

Working...
                              X