OFFICIAL: James Johnson sent to Kings for 2nd Rounder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    No such thing as "Lower Value than a Future 2nd Round Pick". Thats the Lowest of the Low.
    Lower value = untradeable (as in, nobody wants him in an isolated transaction).

Comment

No such thing as "Lower Value than a Future 2nd Round Pick". Thats the Lowest of the Low.
      That's arguable. A very low 1st round pick might have less value than a high 2nd round pick. At that stage of the draft it is pretty much a crap-shoot, and 1st round picks have guaranteed money. Financial flexibility has considerable value, especially when compared to fringe prospects.

A quick question - how many Raptors' fans would have traded JJ for the guaranteed right to draft Quincy Miller before the 2012 draft? Be honest, now...

Comment

I've never questioned BCs motives ... until today. He better pull out something BIG to follow this up.
        The James Johnson trade is when you started questioning BC's moves? James Johnson? Well, better late than never....

Comment

Good trage

Read between the lines here.
          Now tell me is he worth a 1st rounder? People get some edumication here come one.

"This is a good trade for the Kings, because they only have to give up a future second-round draft pick to make it happen. Johnson can provide the team with some very nice minutes off the bench, likely giving the team some needed depth in the Western Conference. Last season he averaged 9.1 points and 1.4 blocks per game, stats that could really help Sacramento compete.

As for Toronto, it's another move by one of the busiest teams in the NBA this offseason, all geared towards trying to get the team back to the Eastern Conference Playoffs for the first time in a few years"

Keywords: BENCH
          He is on the BENCH FOLKS ....you dont land a 1st rounder for a bench dude...atleast not for JJ.
          The dude has ego issues and low IQ
          It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

This is just a money move. Could you have gotten more? Sure, but they would have been trading our flawed player for there's. I would have moved Kleiza, but they must really believe in JV to keep a babysitter around. The only news with this is they must expect Landry to be our starting 3. Maybe this is a move to prep a trade for Jose, but my suspicion is that it's just to save money at a position ... so why haven't they sorted out the 4 yet?

Comment

Probably my least favorite trade from Colangelo ... can't think of one worse right now. JJ's athleticism and length really helped the raps defensively. I'm also one of those who thinks JJ was our best defender last year. Sure - there were one or two times were he gambled and lost... but his general defense was good.

I thought Kleiza, Davis or even Derozan would go first ... and now with Lowry, I guess we'll have to see Calderon go as well.

The raptors may want to trade JJ because of character issues, but I think other nba teams would be willing to trade for JJ's talent for more than a 2nd round pick. Also, who says the Sacramento pick will be a high 2nd round pick? Is it a sure thing? I'd rate this trade a D+/C- ... even if there's more to come. Thumbs down.

Comment

tkfu wrote: View Post
                2012-13: $19,752,645
                2013-14: $21,466,718
                2014-15: $23,180,790
                2015-16: $24,894,863

If you need any further explanation of why that would be the worst idea ever, please enquire.
                Exactly ...
                The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

This was a bench-caliber player that got into it with the coach. We couldn't keep him, and what can we expect to get back?

I'm disappointed that we didn't keep him to package with Jose to try and bring in an overpaid, higher-caliber SF. He's got a cap number that makes him a decent throw-in piece, and he could play the minutes at SF that a would-be-trade-partner would need. If anything, i think this shows there is nothing else of note coming. We're going into the season with DD/Ross at the 2 and LK/Fields at the 3. Pretty ridiculous that we payed over $6 to get a guy that's going to play out of position and share minute.

The only moves left are to trade Jose for another 2nd rounder, then trade the 2 picks we acquire from Jose/JJ and get a backup PG.
                  Last edited by NoBan; Mon Jul 16, 2012, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Cap Relief...

I like the deal,we don't need bums,3 million cap relief,remember ppl he playd in Toronto where players are little overrated,bc they play a lot of minutes,plus I didin't like the guy.
                    Hmm..2 bad Bryan Colangelo didn't try 2 make this as a package deal, and try 2 get Tyreke Evans.
                    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• I would have much rather traded Kleiza's 5mil contract for a second rounder. JV can handle himself we don't need to pay Kleiza 5 mil to do it, we can get a translator and buddy for him without wasting our cap and rotation space.

Comment

• Our SF rotation right now is: Landry Fields and Linus Kleiza.
                        In my opinion that's an upgrade over last season's: James Johnson and an injured Linus Kleiza.

Lowry and Jose is an upgrade over Jose and Bayless at PG.
                        Jonas and Gray is an upgrade over Gray and Amir at C.
                        Add in the SF upgrade, and I think we can call that "hitting the ground running" after a DC training camp.
                        The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

• AlienOverlord wrote: View Post
                          I would have much rather traded Kleiza's 5mil contract for a second rounder. JV can handle himself we don't need to pay Kleiza 5 mil to do it, we can get a translator and buddy for him without wasting our cap and rotation space.
                          A healthy Kleiza is actually a pretty decent bench scorer. He provides more value than simply being a "translator".

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            A healthy Kleiza is actually a pretty decent bench scorer. He provides more value than simply being a "translator".
                            Agreed. After wasting cap space on Fields, we're in desperate need of Linus as a scorer. He'll likely be our 3rd option, behind Bargs and (gulp) DeRo.

Comment

• NoBan wrote: View Post
                              Agreed. After wasting cap space on Fields, we're in desperate need of Linus as a scorer. He'll likely be our 3rd option, behind Bargs and (gulp) DeRo.
                              You forgot Lowry

Comment

• As per Eric Koreen:

Fields and Kleiza will handle the small forward spot for the time being, with DeMar DeRozan moving over from shooting guard in a pinch. However, the Raptors are aggressively pursuing an upgrade at the position through a trade.
                                http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...medium=twitter

Maybe a bigger move is on the horizon after all....

Comment

Working...
                                X