2013 2nd round gems
1) Michael Snaer - 6'5, 200IB SG (possibly a steal, reminds me of Leandro Barbosa)
2) Mindagaus Kupsas - 7'1 C from Lithuania (possibly as a backup for Valanciunas)
3) Dario Saric - 6'9 SF/PF (Poor man Ilyasova)
4) DeWayne Dedmon - 7'0 C from USC
- There are many C in the 2nd round of next year's draft, which we can acquire a backup C for Valanciunas when Magloire retires
2014 2nd round gems
1) BJ Young - PG
2) Tim Hardaway Jr - SG
3) Dwight Powell - SF
4) Isiah Austin - C
1) BC and his crew have been noted for using advanced analytics, advanced psychological screening (member that test they put Andrea through that said he had the mental focus to be great or some shit?) loads of scouts and some of the best minds in the biz and he isn't afraid to think out side the box unlike many other GMs out there. These have all been discussed in various reports over the years. I'm interested to hear where you got the idea that he doesn't use any of the new tools out there or is it just speculation because he reaches different conclusions than you do?
2) Less of a focus on Euro players? Euro like Ed Davis, Amir Johnson, James Johnson (who they almost drafted ahead of DeMar) DD, Aaron Gray, Reggie Evans, Kyle Lowry, Landry Fields, Ross... the list goes on but you need to actually look at the players he's brought in and realize you are believing in the tooth fairy here. Andrea, Jorge, Rasho, Marco and JV are his big Euro player pick ups and only two of them play here anymore. I suppose you could consider Parker a "non euro euro" but then you have to give me Linas as a "non american american" as he played his whole career over here and went to college in the US.
3) Culture creation is up to the group as a whole but I'd argue that most of it is up to the coach. I agree Nash is a sieve but so is Jose and DC was able to hide him effectively last year so there's no doubt he could do the same thing with a player of such a higher calibre.
4) Every GM is in the pockets of agents to some degree and needs to be. Especially with a team some agents/players don't want to come to for whatever reason. You can't just go around alienating people willy nilly and expect to be able to do your job going forward. You have to understand that there's a lot of politicking involved. There's no way around it. it's a key part of doing ANY kind of business. Agents and players notice things like what he did with Barbosa and don't forget it.
5) The GM has nothing to do with the horrible TV Schedule. NOTHING. The Raptors organization has many different branches and BC has nothing to do with media placement. MLSEL sells rights to games in blocks to the highest bidders. Good business for them, sucks for us. I hate TSN for trying to force my hand to buy an extra specialty channel to watch games in HD when the other networks include HD. It's a dirty money grab but like they say, THIS IS A BUSINESS.
Anyway, why are we arguing about this? I merely was pointing out a single fact, which, on its own probably is inconsequential to the debate
Last edited by minks77; Mon Jul 16th, 2012 at 02:40 PM.
To Whom It May Concern:
Would someone kindly advise me as to what we couldve had if we never secured the services of JJ back in 2011.
We gave up late-first round pick in 2011 to acquire him from Chicago. Please advise me what we couldve got back in that slot. Now measure that with the service provided to us by JJ in a Raptor Uniform all the way to end of 2012
When we got him he was younger with potential and gave up a late 1st round pick...big deal
When we traded him he was bit older now still with potential but now a locker peace disturber exhanged for late 2nd. ...woopeee big deal.
After the top 10 draftess its anyones gamble. No big difference between what you might get late 1st rd or early
2nd. JJ on another team would be a deep bench dude. Playing on a crappy team like the RAPS...he is BIG STAR...lol.......send him to another winning team...he aint anything. How many 20pt games or double digit rebounds has he had. Reality Check folks.....
good deal...stop crying
I liked James Johnson, brought something to the table, and always went after it. But since the internal issue, and his sometimes inconsistent play really conflicted.
I'm sad we couldn't get someone in return, but that speaks towards his value.
Who are the top 10 wing free agents left? Because with 2.6$ million on freed up space, plus I believe 4$ million left in the cap (correct me if I've mistake), are we looking to sign someone? Because trading any of our current assets other than Jose looks really unlikely. Jose being traded looks more and more likely during trade deadline.
The Euro thing is more about where we allocate our scouting resources, as I mentioned already
Nash was clearly a mismatch for DC's system, culture.. which is why the pursuit of him was so ridiculous. The leader of the org needs every move to reinforce the vision/culture he's trying to establish.. .and the bumbling pursuit of Nash showed shocking neglennce in this arena.
I'm not buying your argument that "it's OK if an agent bends him over backward because it happens to others as well"
I've already made arguments that BC is accountable for the high level media plan of the team.
WOW, this is the dumbest trade, nothing else to say.
I don't really understand the outrage over this trade. Value-wise, yes, it sucks we traded a first rounder for a second rounder. But given what BC had to work with you can't be that upset. We lost a 29th overall pick and gained.. maybe a 35th pick? If the rumors are true, we're talking about a guy who was caught smoking a joint on the team plane. If not, we're still dealing with a guy who was (subsequently) demoted and had disagreements with the coach. And despite his scrappy play, was unable to get back into the starting lineup of a team that won a third of its games.
The fact that we were able to get a 2nd round pick for this, is pretty good.
Better case would have been if he was really good and we traded for a better 1st rounder.. but given the circumstances I think we did alright.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)