Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Evaluating players defensively

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hugmenot wrote: View Post
    Somewhat related.

I went out to for a drink with a couple of co-workers Wednesday and raised my glass to the improved Toronto Raptors. One guy tried to stop me by playfully swatting the bill towards my glass. Problem is he missed the glass and hit my left eye. Net result is a scratched and bruised eye, and $380 in ophthamologist and antibiotics bills.

It's hard to be a Raptors fan.
    Just another day in Raptorland

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Somewhat related.

I went out to for a drink with a couple of co-workers Wednesday and raised my glass to the improved Toronto Raptors. One guy tried to stop me by playfully swatting the bill towards my glass. Problem is he missed the glass and hit my left eye. Net result is a scratched and bruised eye, and $380 in ophthamologist and antibiotics bills.

It's hard to be a Raptors fan.
    Too bad...no Obamacare??

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

If he's canadian, probably not...

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Vykis wrote: View Post
    If he's canadian, probably not...
    No, Obamacare applies to Green Card holders as well as citizens.

Obamacare is not socialized medicine in the Canadian sense. For me personally, the only current impact on my life is positive as it allows me to cover my grown up daughter under my insurance policy.

The $380 bills were my cost with insurance; it would have amounted to more than $2,000 without insurance. Medical care is very expensive and one bad uninsured event can bring a family into major debts. It's just a (painful) reality of living in the States.

Raptors Republic Starter RaptorDan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No, Obamacare applies to Green Card holders as well as citizens.

Obamacare is not socialized medicine in the Canadian sense. For me personally, the only current impact on my life is positive as it allows me to cover my grown up daughter under my insurance policy.

The $380 bills were my cost with insurance; it would have amounted to more than $2,000 without insurance. Medical care is very expensive and one bad uninsured event can bring a family into major debts. It's just a (painful) reality of living in the States.
    I feel your pain. Ouch. And yeah, I was reading that the #1 cause of bankruptcy in the US is a result of health bills.
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Thread Information