Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 65

Thread: Lowry and Fields Press Conference

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,411
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Lowry and Fields Press Conference

    The introduction of Kyle Lowry and Landry Fields at 12:00 PM.

    In case you missed it, the press conference can be found here:

    Lowry and Fields Conference Playlist
    Last edited by Red and White; Tue Jul 17th, 2012 at 06:48 PM.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    2,244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Looks like Lowry is gonna be sporting #3

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Starter TheR3dMenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    231
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I hope BC was just playing his cards close, but he gave the indication that they might be done dealing. Don't know how I feel about that

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Rookie teoserio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Milan, Italy
    Posts
    96
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    really liked what I heard
    Let's go Raptors!

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    729
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I found it really great that Kyle said that playing in T.O. is not different than playing for Houston. Quote " It's just another CITY" Every other player from the USA always say "It's another Country!" Welcome Guys. Very class of you. GO RAPS!

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    3,488
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TheR3dMenace wrote: View Post
    I hope BC was just playing his cards close, but he gave the indication that they might be done dealing. Don't know how I feel about that
    I won't be happy with that. I'm sick of all these damn TPE's going unused. Get somebody dammit!

    Losing Bayless and JJ for Fields and Lowry, there's not much of an upgrade there. I'll be quite disappointed if a bigger move isn't made.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,400
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    @Alex_Rucker: I am now officially happy with our offseason: Ross + Lowry + Fields. Add in Jonas and a healthy Andrea and let's play some games.
    Ya looks like the moves may be done.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Starter TheR3dMenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    231
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    @Alex_Rucker: I am now officially happy with our offseason: Ross + Lowry + Fields. Add in Jonas and a healthy Andrea and let's play some games.
    Ya looks like the moves may be done.
    Fack

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    351
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    I won't be happy with that. I'm sick of all these damn TPE's going unused. Get somebody dammit!

    Losing Bayless and JJ for Fields and Lowry, there's not much of an upgrade there. I'll be quite disappointed if a bigger move isn't made.
    I'd like to see another move too, but I completely disagree with your second statement. IMO, Fields and Lowry >>> JJ and Bayless.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,400
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bouncepass wrote: View Post
    I'd like to see another move too, but I completely disagree with your second statement. IMO, Fields and Lowry >>> JJ and Bayless.
    Ya I a agree Lowry is Allstar calibre compared to bayless a bench player. Fields is a serviceable starter compared to JJ a servicable role player. Then throw in the acquisitions of Ross and Jonas and we got a lot better this offseason. Too bad it looks like the moves are done.

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,301
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It's probably too early to start discussing it in it's own thread, but looking down the line I'm not so concerned with a Lowry/Calderon PG controversy because Jose tends to be willing to come off the bench, but it's the DeMar controversy which should prove to be interesting. Ross is a vastly superior player to DeMar and frankly you don't hand out $19 million contracts to have guys come off the bench so Fields will likely start at SF. How long before it becomes apparent that Ross should be starting at SG? They're going to bring Ross off the bench at the start of the season because he's a rookie, but once he gets his feet wet and gets comfortable at perhaps the second half of the season but for sure by the 2013-2014 season a decision will have to be made.

    Possibly packaging both DeMar and Calderon by the trade deadline could net us the big time player people are hoping for.

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rexdale
    Posts
    1,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    if trade demands are too high, the best way to get them to lower is to play like your happy doing nothing...but if were bluffing, better hope they dont call our bluff LOL..

    one thing i got from that press conf. is NO mention of amir AT all... when BC was talking about competition at each possition when we mentioned PF he only mentioned Bargs & Davis... NO Amir... maybe he gets amnestied before the day is done.... unless they plan on starting him at C until JV takes that role from him..
    Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Tue Jul 17th, 2012 at 01:09 PM.

  13. #13
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,610
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    if trade demands are too high, the best way to get them to lower is to play like your happy doing nothing...but if were bluffing, better hope they dont call our bluff LOL..

    one thing i got from that press conf. is NO mention of amir AT all... when BC was talking about competition at each possition when we mentioned PF he only mentioned Bargs & Davis... NO Amir... maybe he gets amnestied before the day is done.... unless they plan on starting him at C until JV takes that role from him..
    It's really interesting how last offseason and all through the past season, BC/DC always mentioned Amir and never Davis. It seemed like Davis was already a goner in their minds. All of a sudden Davis seems to be as much the centerpiece of summer league as Ross, and it's Davis being mentioned by BC/DC.

    I really can't envision the roster moves being done. I believe it was in his end of season press conference when BC specifically mentioned upgrading the SF position (Fields/Ross are more SG than starting SF) and adding a veteran (I wouldn't call Lowry/Fields a veteran). He also alluded to wanting to clearup the logjam at PF (which hasn't been done yet) and it's become public knowledge that he's been working to trade Calderon (obviously hasn't been done yet either). With all these specific goals not having been done, I'd be shocked if the offseason roster makeover is complete.

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,881
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    wait, did Lowry actually call Val "flying V"?
    @jerboat

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,881
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    because that's awesome
    @jerboat

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,881
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i am so geeked about this years team
    @jerboat

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    351
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    i am so geeked about this years team
    I agree. I think they'll be the most interesting Raptors team for some time.

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    if trade demands are too high, the best way to get them to lower is to play like your happy doing nothing...but if were bluffing, better hope they dont call our bluff LOL..

    one thing i got from that press conf. is NO mention of amir AT all... when BC was talking about competition at each possition when we mentioned PF he only mentioned Bargs & Davis... NO Amir... maybe he gets amnestied before the day is done.... unless they plan on starting him at C until JV takes that role from him..
    Noticed that too. Maybe an un-freudian slip. Seemed conspicuously absent. Could be the centre thing though

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    1,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    I won't be happy with that. I'm sick of all these damn TPE's going unused. Get somebody dammit!

    Losing Bayless and JJ for Fields and Lowry, there's not much of an upgrade there. I'll be quite disappointed if a bigger move isn't made.
    Say WHAT:? Smoking something there Mack, and it isn't the good stuff.

    Quote Bouncepass wrote: View Post
    I'd like to see another move too, but I completely disagree with your second statement. IMO, Fields and Lowry >>> JJ and Bayless.
    Defintely.

  20. #20
    Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    603
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Fields >> JJ
    Lowry>> bayless
    how does it matter?

    If we are done dealing I'm afraid we are fighting for the lottery spot next year as well.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •