Lowry and Fields Press Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowry and Fields Press Conference

The introduction of Kyle Lowry and Landry Fields at 12:00 PM.

In case you missed it, the press conference can be found here:

Lowry and Fields Conference Playlist
    Last edited by Red and White; Tue Jul 17, 2012, 06:48 PM.

Looks like Lowry is gonna be sporting #3

Comment

I hope BC was just playing his cards close, but he gave the indication that they might be done dealing. Don't know how I feel about that

Comment

really liked what I heard
        Let's go Raptors!

Comment

I found it really great that Kyle said that playing in T.O. is not different than playing for Houston. Quote " It's just another CITY" Every other player from the USA always say "It's another Country!" Welcome Guys. Very class of you. GO RAPS!

Comment

TheR3dMenace wrote: View Post
            I hope BC was just playing his cards close, but he gave the indication that they might be done dealing. Don't know how I feel about that
            I won't be happy with that. I'm sick of all these damn TPE's going unused. Get somebody dammit!

Losing Bayless and JJ for Fields and Lowry, there's not much of an upgrade there. I'll be quite disappointed if a bigger move isn't made.

Comment

@Alex_Rucker: I am now officially happy with our offseason: Ross + Lowry + Fields. Add in Jonas and a healthy Andrea and let's play some games.
              Ya looks like the moves may be done.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                @Alex_Rucker: I am now officially happy with our offseason: Ross + Lowry + Fields. Add in Jonas and a healthy Andrea and let's play some games.
                Ya looks like the moves may be done.
                Fack

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                  I won't be happy with that. I'm sick of all these damn TPE's going unused. Get somebody dammit!

Losing Bayless and JJ for Fields and Lowry, there's not much of an upgrade there. I'll be quite disappointed if a bigger move isn't made.
                  I'd like to see another move too, but I completely disagree with your second statement. IMO, Fields and Lowry >>> JJ and Bayless.

Comment

Bouncepass wrote: View Post
                    I'd like to see another move too, but I completely disagree with your second statement. IMO, Fields and Lowry >>> JJ and Bayless.
                    Ya I a agree Lowry is Allstar calibre compared to bayless a bench player. Fields is a serviceable starter compared to JJ a servicable role player. Then throw in the acquisitions of Ross and Jonas and we got a lot better this offseason. Too bad it looks like the moves are done.

Comment

It's probably too early to start discussing it in it's own thread, but looking down the line I'm not so concerned with a Lowry/Calderon PG controversy because Jose tends to be willing to come off the bench, but it's the DeMar controversy which should prove to be interesting. Ross is a vastly superior player to DeMar and frankly you don't hand out $19 million contracts to have guys come off the bench so Fields will likely start at SF. How long before it becomes apparent that Ross should be starting at SG? They're going to bring Ross off the bench at the start of the season because he's a rookie, but once he gets his feet wet and gets comfortable at perhaps the second half of the season but for sure by the 2013-2014 season a decision will have to be made.

Possibly packaging both DeMar and Calderon by the trade deadline could net us the big time player people are hoping for.

Comment

if trade demands are too high, the best way to get them to lower is to play like your happy doing nothing...but if were bluffing, better hope they dont call our bluff LOL..

one thing i got from that press conf. is NO mention of amir AT all... when BC was talking about competition at each possition when we mentioned PF he only mentioned Bargs & Davis... NO Amir... maybe he gets amnestied before the day is done.... unless they plan on starting him at C until JV takes that role from him..
                        Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Tue Jul 17, 2012, 01:09 PM.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                          if trade demands are too high, the best way to get them to lower is to play like your happy doing nothing...but if were bluffing, better hope they dont call our bluff LOL..

one thing i got from that press conf. is NO mention of amir AT all... when BC was talking about competition at each possition when we mentioned PF he only mentioned Bargs & Davis... NO Amir... maybe he gets amnestied before the day is done.... unless they plan on starting him at C until JV takes that role from him..
                          It's really interesting how last offseason and all through the past season, BC/DC always mentioned Amir and never Davis. It seemed like Davis was already a goner in their minds. All of a sudden Davis seems to be as much the centerpiece of summer league as Ross, and it's Davis being mentioned by BC/DC.

I really can't envision the roster moves being done. I believe it was in his end of season press conference when BC specifically mentioned upgrading the SF position (Fields/Ross are more SG than starting SF) and adding a veteran (I wouldn't call Lowry/Fields a veteran). He also alluded to wanting to clearup the logjam at PF (which hasn't been done yet) and it's become public knowledge that he's been working to trade Calderon (obviously hasn't been done yet either). With all these specific goals not having been done, I'd be shocked if the offseason roster makeover is complete.

Comment

wait, did Lowry actually call Val "flying V"?
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

because that's awesome
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                              X