• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

draftedraptor wrote: View Post
    Fields >> JJ
    Lowry>> bayless
    how does it matter?

If we are done dealing I'm afraid we are fighting for the lottery spot next year as well.
    That's precisely my point. Maybe I understated Lowry a tad, but seeing all these other teams get substantially better is just getting me more and more frustrated. I'm all for the rebuild and I like some of our pieces, but I don't see Lowry ever being an all-star, and fields will never be either. With all our supposed cap space and nobody with at least all-star potential Coming in will just leave us in the 6-10 range of the conference for longer than I expected to be there.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
      Let me get this straight: In New York, Landry's # is 6. He comes to Toronto and his number is 9. Hmmm, 6, 9, is he thinking about his girlfriend again?

Elaine Alden ‏@elainealden
      @landryfields who is that blonde in your profile picture? You guys look amazing together..you must be in love. ‪#cutecouplealert‬
      Go back to around Halloween, seems like she and JP Arencibia were getting it on. She is damn hot though, for a blond!

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
        That's precisely my point. Maybe I understated Lowry a tad, but seeing all these other teams get substantially better is just getting me more and more frustrated. I'm all for the rebuild and I like some of our pieces, but I don't see Lowry ever being an all-star, and fields will never be either. With all our supposed cap space and nobody with at least all-star potential Coming in will just leave us in the 6-10 range of the conference for longer than I expected to be there.
        to be honest... the All Star game these days is just a popularity contest.. guys get voted all the time who shouldnt be mentioned if numbers actually mattered... id be happy with Lowry if he gives us what his mentor Alvin Williams gave us.. but i suspect he will far surpass that level in every category.

Comment

I won't be happy with that. I'm sick of all these damn TPE's going unused. Get somebody dammit!

Losing Bayless and JJ for Fields and Lowry, there's not much of an upgrade there. I'll be quite disappointed if a bigger move isn't made.
          Bath salts again, when will you guys quit usin that stuff?

Comment

Dude Lowry was close to becoming an all star in the west. It would be easier in the east don't you think?

Comment

Our "Mediocerville talent"

Idunno for me it seems like last years team had minimal talent, this year we've definitley improved but not where we want to be talent wise. I see this as the long term plan, that every year we acquire more and more pieces to get to where we need to be to win championships. We've got some quality players on the team with their heads screwed on the right way. Thats why we got rid of JJ...

Its like those shows Barter wars or whatever. They start off with and Ipod and they have to keep trading up to end up with a car or somthing like that. Its not going to happen over night. But we're definitley going in the right direction. I see a lot of potential in Fields maybe not an all star but I promise you he will be a fan favorite like Mo Pete or Alvin Williams...
              Buschfire

Raptors fan since day 1.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                Dude Lowry was close to becoming an all star in the west. It would be easier in the east don't you think?
                Especially with the Rose injury.

Comment

Take a look at the PG's in the East, I don't think it will be an easy task. Rondo, Wall, Irving, Williams, Jennings, and an injured Rose are the ones that stand out off the top of my head. Now team success will play a role, but there is some stiff competition.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
                    Especially with the Rose injury.
                    even with the Rose injury it will still be tough to crack the east all stars with D.Will & Rondo being almost a shoe in for the PG spots..

Comment

Losing Bayless and JJ for Fields and Lowry
                      O'RLLY?

http://www.thenbageek.com/players/co..._ids%5B%5D=220

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                        even with the Rose injury it will still be tough to crack the east all stars with D.Will & Rondo being almost a shoe in for the PG spots..
                        Oh for sure, I was not saying he is an allstar next year, I just think right now, at the PG spot, it is far easier to get in from the east then the west. You have D-Will and Rondo in the east (a long with a slew of young and rising PG's) but in the West you have Parker, Westbrook, Nash, CP3. All guys who are going to be on winning teams and are already solidified in the league. Not to mention the possibility of Jeremy Lin (sarcasm).

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                          if trade demands are too high, the best way to get them to lower is to play like your happy doing nothing...but if were bluffing, better hope they dont call our bluff LOL..

one thing i got from that press conf. is NO mention of amir AT all... when BC was talking about competition at each possition when we mentioned PF he only mentioned Bargs & Davis... NO Amir... maybe he gets amnestied before the day is done.... unless they plan on starting him at C until JV takes that role from him..
                          I no longer put any faith or read any meaning into anything BC or DC say publicly on any player or possible transaction. They are n

Comment

draftedraptor wrote: View Post
                            Fields >> JJ
                            Lowry>> bayless
                            how does it matter?

If we are done dealing I'm afraid we are fighting for the lottery spot next year as well.
                            Don't forget we Re-signed Aaron Gray! woooooooh! We will definitely clinch 10th in the East.

Comment

First off, I only do bath salts on Friday nights. This is Tuesday afternoon. Second, aren't you the one with Bayless in your avatar that used to say he should be our starter and he'll be a star someday?

Rose, Rondo, D Will, J Wall, Jrue Holiday, Kyrie Irving, Brandon Jennings, throw in DJ Augustin as well. Granted, Holiday and Jennings aren't exactly all-star material in my eyes but that's who Lowry's competition is as of now. He's done nothing special in his career to this point to show he'll be any better than these guys.

And to DonDadda, if mediocrity is what you'd be happy with from Kyle Lowry, well then I guess you're rooting for the right team. I loved Boogie too, but he was mediocre at best. It's not like we have a star like Vince on our team either.

All I'm saying is I'm not gonna get too high on these guys and their "potential", cause I've seen it here time and time again, off-saeson after off-season. That said, I'll obviously be rooting for them come October just as hard as any of you.

Comment

throw in DJ Augustin as well.
                                HA. The only list Augustin belongs on is the "players cut by the worst team in NBA history list."

And it's lookin' awfully lonely...

Comment

Working...
                                X