Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Lowry and Fields Press Conference

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    even with the Rose injury it will still be tough to crack the east all stars with D.Will & Rondo being almost a shoe in for the PG spots..
    Oh for sure, I was not saying he is an allstar next year, I just think right now, at the PG spot, it is far easier to get in from the east then the west. You have D-Will and Rondo in the east (a long with a slew of young and rising PG's) but in the West you have Parker, Westbrook, Nash, CP3. All guys who are going to be on winning teams and are already solidified in the league. Not to mention the possibility of Jeremy Lin (sarcasm).

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    if trade demands are too high, the best way to get them to lower is to play like your happy doing nothing...but if were bluffing, better hope they dont call our bluff LOL..

one thing i got from that press conf. is NO mention of amir AT all... when BC was talking about competition at each possition when we mentioned PF he only mentioned Bargs & Davis... NO Amir... maybe he gets amnestied before the day is done.... unless they plan on starting him at C until JV takes that role from him..
    I no longer put any faith or read any meaning into anything BC or DC say publicly on any player or possible transaction. They are n

Raptors Republic Rookie JalenRose5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote draftedraptor wrote: View Post
    Fields >> JJ
    Lowry>> bayless
    how does it matter?

If we are done dealing I'm afraid we are fighting for the lottery spot next year as well.
    Don't forget we Re-signed Aaron Gray! woooooooh! We will definitely clinch 10th in the East.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Dude Lowry was close to becoming an all star in the west. It would be easier in the east don't you think?
    First off, I only do bath salts on Friday nights. This is Tuesday afternoon. Second, aren't you the one with Bayless in your avatar that used to say he should be our starter and he'll be a star someday?

Rose, Rondo, D Will, J Wall, Jrue Holiday, Kyrie Irving, Brandon Jennings, throw in DJ Augustin as well. Granted, Holiday and Jennings aren't exactly all-star material in my eyes but that's who Lowry's competition is as of now. He's done nothing special in his career to this point to show he'll be any better than these guys.

And to DonDadda, if mediocrity is what you'd be happy with from Kyle Lowry, well then I guess you're rooting for the right team. I loved Boogie too, but he was mediocre at best. It's not like we have a star like Vince on our team either.

All I'm saying is I'm not gonna get too high on these guys and their "potential", cause I've seen it here time and time again, off-saeson after off-season. That said, I'll obviously be rooting for them come October just as hard as any of you.

Raptors Republic Starter themasao's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    throw in DJ Augustin as well.
    HA. The only list Augustin belongs on is the "players cut by the worst team in NBA history list."

And it's lookin' awfully lonely...

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

First off, I only do bath salts on Friday nights. This is Tuesday afternoon. Second, aren't you the one with Bayless in your avatar that used to say he should be our starter and he'll be a star someday?

Rose, Rondo, D Will, J Wall, Jrue Holiday, Kyrie Irving, Brandon Jennings, throw in DJ Augustin as well. Granted, Holiday and Jennings aren't exactly all-star material in my eyes but that's who Lowry's competition is as of now. He's done nothing special in his career to this point to show he'll be any better than these guys.

And to DonDadda, if mediocrity is what you'd be happy with from Kyle Lowry, well then I guess you're rooting for the right team. I loved Boogie too, but he was mediocre at best. It's not like we have a star like Vince on our team either.

All I'm saying is I'm not gonna get too high on these guys and their "potential", cause I've seen it here time and time again, off-saeson after off-season. That said, I'll obviously be rooting for them come October just as hard as any of you.
    Just cause you don't have a star doesn't mean your team sucks or is mediocre. Look at Denver and the 04 pistons. What if JV is the real deal and he ends up becoming a superstar C? Your writing us off too quick. All of our main/core players are still quite young and have time to improve and elevate their game. Your acting like they will all stay the same and never improve, your argument is flawed.

Post Thanks / Like

Lowry is a no-nonsense guy, and Landry is a high-character guy. Love the acquisitions.

Post Thanks / Like

I like LF's personality, he's really refreshing and he's a jokester

Raptors Republic Rookie Sheptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jeepers Cripes! is it really necessary to put it in ten 1 & 2 minute clips..can we just get one video

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Losing Bayless and JJ for Fields and Lowry, there's not much of an upgrade there. I'll be quite disappointed if a bigger move isn't made.
    It's a big upgrade.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Sheptor wrote: View Post
    Jeepers Cripes! is it really necessary to put it in ten 1 & 2 minute clips..can we just get one video
    +1 It was annoying to have to switch and click.

Post Thanks / Like

Default The full press conference video

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    I like LF's personality, he's really refreshing and he's a jokester
    Yeah, finally someone with a sense of humor. He actually knows how to handle himself with the media.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote themasao wrote: View Post
    HA. The only list Augustin belongs on is the "players cut by the worst team in NBA history list."
    Whoa ... never looked at it that way ... that smarts pretty bad.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I Must have missed something. I totally didn't get the impression Colangelo was done. I thot he explicitly said he continués to work on others things. I don't mind going in to the season with what we have actually for the same reasons mentioned by others here, but i gathered he Wasn't done, at least not done trying.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote big boi wrote: View Post
    I Must have missed something. I totally didn't get the impression Colangelo was done. I thot he explicitly said he continués to work on others things. I don't mind going in to the season with what we have actually for the same reasons mentioned by others here, but i gathered he Wasn't done, at least not done trying.
    Agreed. He still has to ship Calderon somewhere even if everyone and BC doesn't want to. We still have some expendable assets available to trade (Calderon, Amir, Davis, and Klieza), so I feel like BC can still pull something out of his sleeve. Maybe something small if not big.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    Agreed. He still has to ship Calderon somewhere even if everyone and BC doesn't want to. We still have some expendable assets available to trade (Calderon, Amir, Davis, and Klieza), so I feel like BC can still pull something out of his sleeve. Maybe something small if not big.
    Kleiza to me is unlikely to be dealt because he is Valanciunas' welcoming blanket.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Kleiza to me is unlikely to be dealt because he is Valanciunas' welcoming blanket.
    Agreed, but you never know.

Post Thanks / Like

Calderon is wanting to leave at the worst time. Just sit your ass down and play the second unit thats the only way we'll make the playoffs

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Serious man crush!

Seems like a genuine funny guy

Looks like these two already have chemistry
    Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Wed Jul 18th, 2012 at 02:12 AM.
    @Chr1st1anL

Thread Information