View Poll Results: Of our Eligible players, who do you think will get Amnestied? Or no one at all?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Andrea Bargnani

0 0%
  • Ed Davis

0 0%
  • Amir Johnson

7 21.21%
  • Linas Kleiza

1 3.03%
  • None! Keep em or Trade em! No Amnesty!!

25 75.76%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: At this point, Raptors not likely to Ever use the Amnesty.

Post Thanks / Like

Straight up, joey. The amnesty is so irrelevant to a team in the situation of the raptors and stupid in general.

That clearly it's become brought up so many times is because of the current situation or lack there of in the sportsworld.

I'd rather have nothing to talk about as far as the raps go. Then discuss the current heap of garbage topics that always get brought up this time of year.

On that note, there is a good percentage of you, who don't even check the other sub-forums on here. It's what makes it such a great site. That when there is jack shit to talk about basketball related, like now, there are about a million other things to be talked about on here.

Whether sports related or not.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Amir seems to be the only one who makes sense and that too only if a very good f/a acquisition is too difficult to pass on (who would probably cost most of a combination of Jose + Amir cap amts.).

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Use it on Yogi Stewart

Post Thanks / Like

trade it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    The amnesty is so irrelevant to a team in the situation of the raptors and stupid in general.
    Agreed.
    But I think it also speaks to BCs ability to either NOT sign bad contracts, or get rid of them without having MLSE pay unneccessary amounts of money.

Both of which should reflect positively on Colangelo.

As to your point about the sub-forums being equally as entertaining as 'Everything Raptors', well theres no disagreeing with this.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

I get your angles on it and basically, every five convos we have, I have to mention your amazing avatar.

But, people always get frustrated at Colangelo and the more you shut down logical reasons not to like him. The people that don't are just going to make more reasons. For sometimes the simplest reason that they just don't like the guy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    I get your angles on it and basically, every five convos we have, I have to mention your amazing avatar.
    Hah! Appreciate it man! Mothafuckas forgettin' about Big Country!

But, people always get frustrated at Colangelo and the more you shut down logical reasons not to like him. The people that don't are just going to make more reasons. For sometimes the simplest reason that they just don't like the guy.
    Big Country wishes he could pull off those shirt Collars like Colangelo.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Katman wrote: View Post
    It has nothing to do with BC, what kind of idiot GM would amnesty a 7 footer averaging 20 & 6 on a $10M contract? Compared to the recent big signings this summer he is a bargain.
    Kris Humphries will be making more money than Bargs over the next two years.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Kris Humphries will be making more money than Bargs over the next two years.
    Yea. Big men seem to be getting more and more ridiculous contracts lately!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Brooklyn invested so much money into their contracts and they still are not contenders, but that's probably the case with all of the new yorke teams.

And sticking to the thread i could only see the raptors amnestying Amir if they need extra dough for a FA

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see anyone getting amnestied, Although I will admit that more people have been amnestied than I expected. The only 2 scenarios I see are career ending injury or a big time trade bonanza that requires some salary to he shed, but odds are 85% against it.
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

For anybody who subscribes to the "raptors curse" concept, how can you not be frustrated that the lockout delivered this gift to all the foolish GM's out there at the exact time that Colangelo actually had mostly reasonable contracts. No JO, no hedo. Not even a Yogi. Not much reward for being responsible. There should have been some other exception that you get for not amnestying anyone. Well, if anything good came out of this, we now have a new word. Amnestying.

Post Thanks / Like

Flip the amnesty for TPE
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Rookie JStockton's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    For anybody who subscribes to the "raptors curse" concept, how can you not be frustrated that the lockout delivered this gift to all the foolish GM's out there at the exact time that Colangelo actually had mostly reasonable contracts. No JO, no hedo. Not even a Yogi. Not much reward for being responsible. There should have been some other exception that you get for not amnestying anyone. Well, if anything good came out of this, we now have a new word. Amnestying.
    Didn't realize it but...true that!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information