Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At this point, Raptors not likely to Ever use the Amnesty.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    Amnesty cannot be used on a traded player. Only a player that was on the roster prior to the new CBA.
    OK then we should not use it.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      Amnesty cannot be used on a traded player. Only a player that was on the roster prior to the new CBA.
      As of now, I believe the only options for the amnesty clause are Bargnani, Amir and Kleiza.

Calderon was an option this offseason, but is no longer an option as soon as his contract expires.

Davis and DeRozan were both options this offseason. They made little sense as options, given their age/talent/upside/contract, however. I'm sure they could easily be traded, rather than getting to the point where amnesty would be an option for either. DeRozan is no longer an option once he re-signs.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        As of now, I believe the only options for the amnesty clause are Bargnani, Amir and Kleiza.

Calderon was an option this offseason, but is no longer an option as soon as his contract expires.

Davis and DeRozan were both options this offseason. They made little sense as options, given their age/talent/upside/contract, however. I'm sure they could easily be traded, rather than getting to the point where amnesty would be an option for either. DeRozan is no longer an option once he re-signs.
        Yup.. Joey mentions the list in his original post. Davis is technically an option in 2013 but he makes so little that it would be laughable if they did it.

Comment

Yeah, amnestying anyone on their rookie scale contract would be big mistake.

Comment

NoBan wrote: View Post
            What we should have done before we wasted $ on Fields is....

Trade for a bad contract, one that a team needs to get rid of. Like World Peace or Hedo.. something like that. As bad of a contract as we could absorb under the cap. Hell, even Amare if we could fit him in. In exchange for lifting the bad contact, we could get a pick or 2 from our trade partner.

Then we could use our amnesty on the guy we just traded for. Not sure if that is within the rules, but I think it might be. We'd essentially be buying a couple nice picks.

Especially with Jose wanting out and having an expiring $10 M deal, we could help a team that needs cap relief and get a nice young player and/or some solid picks in return.

We are less likely to do this now that we have Fields and can't just absorb an extra $5 M... but we still could pull it off.
            C'mon, enough of the should've's. Crying over spilled milk doesn't make any difference at all.

Funny how you gave effort to concocting a fake scenario where we trade for a bad contract and amnesty it...without putting effort on knowing the context of the current amnesty clause.

Comment

Straight up, joey. The amnesty is so irrelevant to a team in the situation of the raptors and stupid in general.

That clearly it's become brought up so many times is because of the current situation or lack there of in the sportsworld.

I'd rather have nothing to talk about as far as the raps go. Then discuss the current heap of garbage topics that always get brought up this time of year.

On that note, there is a good percentage of you, who don't even check the other sub-forums on here. It's what makes it such a great site. That when there is jack shit to talk about basketball related, like now, there are about a million other things to be talked about on here.

Whether sports related or not.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Amir seems to be the only one who makes sense and that too only if a very good f/a acquisition is too difficult to pass on (who would probably cost most of a combination of Jose + Amir cap amts.).

Comment

Use it on Yogi Stewart

Comment

trade it

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                      The amnesty is so irrelevant to a team in the situation of the raptors and stupid in general.
                      Agreed.
                      But I think it also speaks to BCs ability to either NOT sign bad contracts, or get rid of them without having MLSE pay unneccessary amounts of money.

Both of which should reflect positively on Colangelo.

As to your point about the sub-forums being equally as entertaining as 'Everything Raptors', well theres no disagreeing with this.

Comment

I get your angles on it and basically, every five convos we have, I have to mention your amazing avatar.

But, people always get frustrated at Colangelo and the more you shut down logical reasons not to like him. The people that don't are just going to make more reasons. For sometimes the simplest reason that they just don't like the guy.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                          I get your angles on it and basically, every five convos we have, I have to mention your amazing avatar.
                          Hah! Appreciate it man! Mothafuckas forgettin' about Big Country!

But, people always get frustrated at Colangelo and the more you shut down logical reasons not to like him. The people that don't are just going to make more reasons. For sometimes the simplest reason that they just don't like the guy.
                          Big Country wishes he could pull off those shirt Collars like Colangelo.

Comment

Katman wrote: View Post
                            It has nothing to do with BC, what kind of idiot GM would amnesty a 7 footer averaging 20 & 6 on a $10M contract? Compared to the recent big signings this summer he is a bargain.
                            Kris Humphries will be making more money than Bargs over the next two years.
                            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                              Kris Humphries will be making more money than Bargs over the next two years.
                              Yea. Big men seem to be getting more and more ridiculous contracts lately!

Comment

Brooklyn invested so much money into their contracts and they still are not contenders, but that's probably the case with all of the new yorke teams.

And sticking to the thread i could only see the raptors amnestying Amir if they need extra dough for a FA

Comment

Working...
                                X