Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: Raptors Sign John Lucas III (#258)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote 10 000 Hours wrote: View Post
    It's seems to me that Toronto's had other PGs that were worse than John Lucas III:

Sundiata Gaines...was he the backup at one time, or the 3rd stringer?
    Roko Ukic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote AJ360 wrote: View Post
    Roko Ukic.
    Will Soloman

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Trade coming...

Quincy Acy's not playing tonite and they're signing a SECOND string point guard. I'd say Jose time is about done in Toronto. Thankfully.
    Yeah, there's no way Lucas is sigining to be the third string. Jose is gone. Book it.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like this signing because he was on my shortlist of veterans to target to fill out the roster. He's a great leader, locker room presence, offensive sparkplug, and he's got deep-playoff experience. However, if Jose leaves we'll be mighty small with two guys 6'0" and under. But you can count on them to make up for it with grit and toughness. I'd cosign to the idea of bringing in Uzoh if Jose is traded. Hopefully BC is compotent enough to get more than a pick in return for the Spaniard. Overall great signing, low risk / rewards accross the board.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    @WolstatSun: Source confirms John Lucas III to Raptors report from Marc Stein/ESPN
    Looks like its official
    That doesn't mean that John Lucas II is officially a Raptor. It just means that the reports that we are trying to get JLIII is true...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote keffyboy wrote: View Post
    Quincy Acy's not playing tonite and they're signing a SECOND string point guard. I'd say Jose time is about done in Toronto. Thankfully.
    Yeah, there's no way Lucas is sigining to be the third string. Jose is gone. Book it.
    I seriously don't understand the absolutely negativity or hate on Jose. Am I really the only one who loves Calderon's time in Toronto? He's one of the most loyal Raptors of all time. Gives 110% every night. Sure he might have been a defensive liability, but he has shown willingness to change and get better. I am really gonna miss having Calderon as a Raptor. I hope near the end of his career, he can return back to Toronto and retire as a Raptor

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    I seriously don't understand the absolutely negativity or hate on Jose. Am I really the only one who loves Calderon's time in Toronto? He's one of the most loyal Raptors of all time. Gives 110% every night. Sure he might have been a defensive liability, but he has shown willingness to change and get better. I am really gonna miss having Calderon as a Raptor. I hope near the end of his career, he can return back to Toronto and retire as a Raptor
    I know that I for one love his game. He frustrated me earlier on in his career with taking his time bringing the ball up court and waiting till time is running out to dish the ball to someone but that all changed a couple years ago. He deserves all the respect from most fans for at least being loyal.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Jose is just plain terrible, he's been good enough to keep us out of a great draft pick but not good enough for the team to be very good. He's fool's gold and he always has been. He is awful and I'm glad he's on he's way out.
    Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    I like Jose.. havent liked his contract but that about to expire soon anyways..id be all for resigning Jose for a fair market (back-up PG)price, if he was willing to embrace that role on this team...if hes not ready to be a back-up then adios muchachos..

a bit off topic but we officially have signed Jonas to his rookie scale contract

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...as_Valanciunas
    Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Wed Jul 18th, 2012 at 08:45 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jose played with a shit load of heart, gave 110%, and stuck with us for a long while without complaining a bit. I don't get how people can talk bad about him. He was one of the most loyal guys to play for our beloved Raptors

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

not a big lucas fan. saw a bunch of bulls games and when he is the pg the bigs rarely get the ball. he either set up at the top for a drive and dish out to the 3 line or passed the ball off to deng for an iso play.

i think he is best suited to 3rd stringer and wouldn't want him as a full time back up. if this does prelude the trade of jose i would like to grab johnny flynn before the cavs sign him and give him a go as back up instead.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not discounting the notion of a Jose trade but two things:

1 acy has no bearing as he can't be traded

2 Raps had more money to offer than Miami or bulls.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Acy can be traded. He's a draft pick not a free agent.

Post Thanks / Like

Jose is just plain terrible, he's been good enough to keep us out of a great draft pick but not good enough for the team to be very good. He's fool's gold and he always has been. He is awful and I'm glad he's on he's way out.
    Good riddance to bad rubbish.
    lol kid. You clearly don't know basketball. I'm done talking to you!

Raptors Republic Starter mountio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good signing

Assuming hes getting $2-$3 mm per year on a two year deal .. which seems to be about market .. Im good with this signing. Hes a capable backup and more than capable 3rd stringer.

Post Thanks / Like

Check that again and come back.

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait, JL3 means the immediate end of Jose? I dont think so. I say he is third stringer this year (unless there is an injury), and is insurance if Jose is traded and we cant get a solid back up, or Jose leaves after free agency.

I really do not think he is good enough yet to be a consistent back up pg.

Am I wrong for not interpreting this as"Jose is gone"? Help me out here. I am seeing way to many "Aww, well Jose was good for the Raptors and I hope he can come back later on in his career."

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The rights to him could've been traded but once we signed him he gets the December 15th rule

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Check that again and come back.
    He is a draft pick who has signed a contract..... So check that again and come back.

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Red and White wrote: View Post
    Wait, JL3 means the immediate end of Jose? I dont think so. I say he is third stringer this year (unless there is an injury), and is insurance if Jose is traded and we cant get a solid back up, or Jose leaves after free agency.

I really do not think he is good enough yet to be a consistent back up pg.

Am I the only one who is not interpreting this as "Jose is gone"? Help me out here.
    I don't think so either. It seems like mostly the Jose haters are taking it out of proportion. It does certainly raise the chances but I definitely don't think this means he is out the door.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information