Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: Raptors Sign John Lucas III (#258)

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
    I like this signing because it opens the door for us to find a suitor for Jose Calderon and strengthen another position. However I am curious to see how much we sign JL3 for because if it is for between 2-3 million I feel like we would've been better served if we kept Bayless ...

That being said JL3 is a good 3 point shooter, and he must be a sound defensive player since he is from Chicago.
    Yeah I'm starting to wonder too, but I believe the decision was that Bayless' contract would value at around 4$ million, and likely playing the back-up to Lowry AND Calderon. JL3 with 2-3$ million I'm still skeptical about, because a solid 3rd 'C' could be brought in.

Whatever the means, John Lucas was a VERY solid player for Chicago when Rose was out with an injury, and remember Lucas did light us up (I believe it was 2 games)when we played Chicago.

I think whatever happens to the Calderon situation would open more cap space, I'm seeing an asset and cash but I'm no expert on the financial part of the game. Draft picks accumulated should be big for us down the road being our draft pick with the weird protection is to Houston.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    +9

Nice to see how you treat people who disagree with you.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    Thank you very much for posting this. I started the thread to hear what people had to say about John Lucas and it got turned into Jose sucks thread. Disappointed to say the least.
    I agree, the negativity in this thread is ridiculous. Makes me wonder about the poster's home lives.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote keffyboy wrote: View Post

Nice to see how you treat people who disagree with you.
    Nice to see you take things lightly. If you can't take people disagreeing with you on this forum, get your ass off. There are a number of ass-holes on this forum, and I just decided to agree with another's opinion. Never said your opinion was wrong, just didn't agree.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, the negativity in this thread is ridiculous. Makes me wonder about the poster's home lives.
    First of all, weren't you the one who mentioned Jose was a locker room cancer? *sigh*

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    39.3 last year is pretty darn close

If he is good enough for contenders third string surely he is good enough for the raps, no? That was all I meant.
    I suppose, but I think it's a bit irrelevant, for the same reason that Mario Chalmers or Derek Fisher were always 'good enough' as Miami/LA's starting point guard. Normally I don't mind giving guys like Lucas a chance at 3rd string, but in this situation where Calderon could be moved, we're talking about giving 15 minutes to a guy who shoots under 40%, and who likes to shoot. Shrug.. I just thought if we needed shooters, that meant 'good' shooters.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all, weren't you the one who mentioned Jose was a locker room cancer? *sigh*
    *sigh* he is a cancer. it s been well documented. I didn t realize that this site was some sort of Calderon man love association.

Raptors Republic Starter The Coach's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

*sigh* he is a cancer. it s been well documented. I didn t realize that this site was some sort of Calderon man love association.
    Well documented? I can't find any... please elaborate or link me to an article.
    Last edited by The Coach; Thu Jul 19th, 2012 at 10:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

So a guy, who loves the fans, loves the city, and loves his teammates is a cancer? A guy the coach and gm RAVE about being a leader and a true professional? The guy has played through so much adversity, and with so many other players fighting for that spot, and has always acted team-first, just like his game.

Now that he asks for a trade he is suddenly a cancer? I'm sorry but I wouldn't blame him, he is a true point guard who has done nothing but proven his ability to make his teammates better. Now that he's finally been the guy at the point guard spot, someone else comes in who is penciled as the "future of the point guard" and the starter, he's a little upset. He's spent years with this organization growing as a player and took back-seats for the better of the team.... Now he's in a situation again like he has been with Jarrett Jack, Jerryd Bayless, and TJ Ford, but this time, Kyle Lowry is a much better and achieving player than those names..

And to your comment of being a cancer is 'well documented,' enlighten me, 'Keffyboy.' I have NEVER heard of him being a cancer, the only cancer is his contract.. Even IF you find something that says Jose is some sort of cancer, I will never change my perception of Jose of being a true professional.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Matt, can't you just go into a telephone booth and change into your moderator outfit to rescue us?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice, If i don t agree i m not entitled to my opinion. This thing is worse than nazi germany.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

HAHA the irony of this comment is hilarious!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    HAHA the irony of this comment is hilarious!
    +1

Post Thanks / Like

Nice, If i don t agree i m not entitled to my opinion. This thing is worse than nazi germany.
    You can't say something like, "its been well documented" (concerning Calderon being a rocker room "cancer") and say that this is only your opinion. Your opinion is he is a cancer, that is fine to voice... just don't say its been well documented and then provide no proof when asked.

Here's how it works,

It's been well documented that keffyboy is a forum board cancer. Here are some of his quotes:

Nice, these guys excercise for a living and an oversized douche like you is criticizing. I think you re projecting a little there, backfat.
    I didn t realize that this site was some sort of Calderon man love association.
    I imagine he looks a little better than you. I don't know why you re so negative...
    I m done arguing with you backfat. you re not worth my time. good luck with your man crush for crappy point guards.
    this is the last response you ll get out of me.
    don t respond to my post on other...
    Not a troll, just a fan. I guess if I don t agree with you, you think i m a troll. Maybe you ll grow up someday and find that there are people out there that disagree with you and that you don t have to hate them for that.
    Get a therapist. It ll help.
    you guys are brutal. that backsplash guy was calling me a moron and so on but i can t call him a douch. nice forum.
    well, i m not trolling,
    jthis team will definitely be better this year IF they get rid of Jose,
    and i ve definitely upset a couple of douches, but that s ok, they re pretty immature anyways.
    ummmm, that i m busy and don t have a lot of time to explain basketball to you guys.
    that this forum impacts my life in no way at all...
    it would be nice to talk basketball with grown ups someday.
    Oh and its great that if someone disagrees with you geniuses that they're stupid and morons. Backlash must be very sad and lonely.
    Wow, you guys must be new to the NBA, cause your knowledge and opinions are just plain childish. It's like a bunch of 7 year olds arguing about how great a dunker Jose Calderon is.
    He is awful,...
    here you go douches:
    "The Trail Blazers and Timberwolves are discussing a deal that would bring Portland free-agent forward Nicolas Batum to Minnesota in exchange for two future first-round draft...
    you guys are brutal. batum to toronto makes no sense from batum or portland s point of view.
    You on drugs Mangokid?
    Those guys are all better than Jose, and when they play against him they end up looking like CP3.
    Are you one of those guys that loses and argument and ends up making stuff up just to keep it going???

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

So a guy, who loves the fans, loves the city, and loves his teammates is a cancer? A guy the coach and gm RAVE about being a leader and a true professional? The guy has played through so much adversity, and with so many other players fighting for that spot, and has always acted team-first, just like his game.

Now that he asks for a trade he is suddenly a cancer? I'm sorry but I wouldn't blame him, he is a true point guard who has done nothing but proven his ability to make his teammates better. Now that he's finally been the guy at the point guard spot, someone else comes in who is penciled as the "future of the point guard" and the starter, he's a little upset. He's spent years with this organization growing as a player and took back-seats for the better of the team.... Now he's in a situation again like he has been with Jarrett Jack, Jerryd Bayless, and TJ Ford, but this time, Kyle Lowry is a much better and achieving player than those names..

And to your comment of being a cancer is 'well documented,' enlighten me, 'Keffyboy.' I have NEVER heard of him being a cancer, the only cancer is his contract.. Even IF you find something that says Jose is some sort of cancer, I will never change my perception of Jose of being a true professional.
    You're obviously not much of a fan. I can t explain everything to you, do your own research and be educated before you say something stupid.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote The Coach wrote: View Post
    You can't say something like, "its been well documented" (concerning Calderon being a rocker room "cancer") and say that this is only your opinion. Your opinion is he is a cancer, that is fine to voice... just don't say its been well documented and then provide no proof when asked.

Here's how it works,

It's been well documented that keffyboy is a forum board cancer. Here are some of his quotes:
    I love how he insulted two of the biggest people on this site. Namely Matt52 and Mangokid. Tsk tsk... Those are two people who provide the most insight and opinions to this site. You can insult me all you want, but insulting Matt52 and Mangokid on RR is blasphemy

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote The Coach wrote: View Post

Here's how it works,

If you take this stuff out of context it sounds totally different.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    I love how he insulted two of the biggest people on this site. Namely Matt52 and Mangokid. Tsk tsk...
    Wow backfat, you suck up like a champ.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow backfat, you suck up like a champ.
    They provide the most insight and knowledge to the site. Please show some respect to those who have earned it! It's time to grow up keffyboy and stop this ridiculous trolling. That's what YouTube is for!

Post Thanks / Like

If you take this stuff out of context it sounds totally different.
    You're right, when I read them in context it made you sound respectful, insightful and mature.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information