Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: Raptors Sign John Lucas III (#258)

Post Thanks / Like

Surprised none of the twitter regulars have mentioned this. Summer vacation? Olympics?

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Surprised none of the twitter regulars have mentioned this. Summer vacation? Olympics?
    John Lucas is a third stringer, should anyone really care other than Bulls fans?

Raptors Republic Rookie 10 000 Hours's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Maybe if it was the Lakers or Heat that signed him, twitterers would be tweeting lol
    Walking like I'm already there.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sure

I dont know much about this dude, but from the comments it seems everyone is in favour and its a decent pickup.

I do know one of the top 25 dunks of 2011-2012 included him. Unfortunately, he wasnt the one dunking.
    It was LeBron James as he jumped over John Lucas III and mind you it was jumping over catching the ball in the mid-air dunk (priceless).

Shouldnt be a big. LeBron is a bully - John Lucas III was just minding his business and here comes LeBron jumping over him like it's the cool thing to do. Poor guy.

Ofcourse this shouldnt be an indication of JL3's overall capability.

Peace
    It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Post Thanks / Like

This is all you need to know about John Lucas III.

He doesn't back down from anything.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Why Lebron was probably pissed
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Top 25? Easily Top 3, Blake's were nice but I think I have Lebron over JLIII as my #1...it's just something you don't see happen in games...even if it's the equivalent of jumping over Puff Daddy in the dunk contest. To do that in a game on an alley oop is just much more impressive than a facial where he leads with his elbow.

Post Thanks / Like

Then there was the Lucas comments after Tyson Chandler's screen on LeBron.

Here is screen, notice LeBron is 'visibly shaken':

Here is JL3's thoughts:

LeBron James has done some questionable things so far during the Miami Heat-New York Knicks series.

What's really been standing out is the "flopping," which was very noticeable during Game One in Miami's 100-67 blowout victory.

He flopped a couple of times for practice before he took it to the max when he made this late overreaction to Tyson Chandler's hard screen.

Chicago Bulls point guard John Lucas III doesn't really dig LeBron's flopping, saying it's uncool:

On April 19, James and Lucas got into an on-court shoving match after James blindsided and then flattened Lucas with a pick in the backcourt. Both players were hit with technicals.

Lucas felt the play was dirty and now thinks it’s ironic. In an interview on the Waddle & Silvy Show on ESPN Radio in Chicago, Lucas implied James was a bit of hypocrite for exaggerating contact on a similar play in Game 1 against the New York Knicks last week.

“I thought he threw his left shoulder into me a little bit, and then I look up and Tyson Chandler set a clean screen on him, and he took it like he just got shot and all that,” Lucas said. “I mean, you gotta get back up all that like your neck was hurt and stuff, that wasn’t cool.”

You can definitely see where Lucas III is coming from when calling James a hypocrite.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/sport...james-flopping

So lets review ESPN measurements:

JL3 5'11" 165lbs

LBJ 6'8" 250lbs

TC 7'1" 240lbs
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Fri Jul 27th, 2012 at 10:54 AM.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Rob, I agree. In the long run, I want a competitive and entertaining team in TO. With the roster manipulations pertetrated by super stars and by GMS that have become the norm in Boston, Miami and LA, the NBA Championship has lost some of its cache. As a B ball fan, I am more interested in the regular season games and this Raptor team will do well - lots of energy, character and a few new team mates with something to prove to their former employers,

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Public Relations Twitter account just posted this:

Quote RaptorsPR wrote:
    The #Raptors have signed guard John Lucas III. Lucas avg'd career-best 7.5 pts, 2.2 asts, 1.6 rebs & 14.8 mins w/ Chi. last season.
    So I guess the official, official announcement will come shortly.

Source - Click here

Post Thanks / Like

Official press release from Raptors.com:

The Toronto Raptors announced Friday they have signed free-agent point guard John Lucas III. Per team policy, financial details were not disclosed.

Lucas averaged career bests of 7.5 points, 2.2 assists, 1.6 rebounds and 14.8 minutes in a career-high 49 games with Chicago last season. He shot .393 from three-point range (27th in the NBA) and .875 at the charity stripe. He paced the Bulls in scoring six times and in assists on five occasions. He scored in double figures in 15 outings, including four games of 20-or-more points. He tallied a career-high 25 points in a career-best 46 minutes January 11 versus Washington. He equaled his career-high scoring outing with 25 points in the season finale, April 26 versus Cleveland. .

Lucas has averaged 5.0 points, 1.4 assists and 11.1 minutes in 111 career regular season games. In seven career playoff outings, he has contributed 6.1 points, 1.3 assists and 14.6 minutes.

Lucas, 5-foot-11, 165 pounds, played overseas from 2007-10. He appeared in 40 games with the Shanghai Dongfang Sharks in the 2009-10 season where he contributed 27.9 points, 4.9 rebounds, 4.7 assists and 42.3 minutes in 40 games.

In 2008-09, Lucas split his time between Colorado in the NBA D-League and Spainís Tau Ceramica. In the 2007-08 campaign, Lucas played for Benetton Treviso in Italy.

Lucas began his NBA career with the Houston Rockets (2005-07). He played in 47 contests in the 2006-07 season and 13 games in 2005-06.

Lucas finished his collegiate career at Oklahoma State after two seasons at Baylor. He was an All-Big 12 First Team selection as a junior and senior. He averaged 16.3 points and 4.3 assists in 68 games at Oklahoma State.

Lucas is the son of John Lucas, Jr., former first overall pick of the Rockets in 1976.
    http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/2012...john-lucas-iii

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

JL3 is wearing #5

On a side note, now that J.Johnson is officially gone, Fields is wearing #2

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Does the signing of John Lucas III possibly signify the trading of Calderon in the next couple weeks?

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    Does the signing of John Lucas III possibly signify the trading of Calderon in the next couple weeks?
    He'll be third string if Jose isn't traded, which is a good possibilty

Raptors Republic Starter Buschfire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Article on JLIII from RealGM

Found this on realGM....sorry if this has already been posted...

http://basketball.realgm.com/blog/22...e_With_Raptors

Raptors Republic Starter Buschfire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

P.S. on a side note Sonny signed with CSKA Moscow apparently a 3 year deal.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess the JL3 signing sealed Uzoh's 2012-13 season, via HoopsHype.com:

Ben Uzoh has signed with Cholet of France. BasketActu.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I guess the JL3 signing sealed Uzoh's 2012-13 season, via HoopsHype.com:

Ben Uzoh has signed with Cholet of France. BasketActu.com
    I hope they were not looking for a shooter at the point. Good Luck Ben, have a good year.

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to you and farewell, Mr. Triple Double!
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I know it's a longshot, but if Calderon ends up playing the full season in Toronto, wonder how annoyed Lucas will be. I'm assuming Lucas signed here thinking that Calderon is on his way out. I don't imagine he'd choose Toronto knowing he'd be wearing a suit and tie on game days.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information