Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATE: Raptors Sign John Lucas III (#258)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not a big lucas fan. saw a bunch of bulls games and when he is the pg the bigs rarely get the ball. he either set up at the top for a drive and dish out to the 3 line or passed the ball off to deng for an iso play.

i think he is best suited to 3rd stringer and wouldn't want him as a full time back up. if this does prelude the trade of jose i would like to grab johnny flynn before the cavs sign him and give him a go as back up instead.

Comment

keffyboy wrote: View Post
      Quincy Acy's not playing tonite and they're signing a SECOND string point guard. I'd say Jose time is about done in Toronto. Thankfully.
      Yeah, there's no way Lucas is sigining to be the third string. Jose is gone. Book it.
      I am not discounting the notion of a Jose trade but two things:

1 acy has no bearing as he can't be traded

2 Raps had more money to offer than Miami or bulls.

Comment

Acy can be traded. He's a draft pick not a free agent.

Comment

Jose is just plain terrible, he's been good enough to keep us out of a great draft pick but not good enough for the team to be very good. He's fool's gold and he always has been. He is awful and I'm glad he's on he's way out.
          Good riddance to bad rubbish.
          lol kid. You clearly don't know basketball. I'm done talking to you!

Comment

Good signing

Assuming hes getting $2-$3 mm per year on a two year deal .. which seems to be about market .. Im good with this signing. Hes a capable backup and more than capable 3rd stringer.

Comment

Check that again and come back.

Comment

Wait, JL3 means the immediate end of Jose? I dont think so. I say he is third stringer this year (unless there is an injury), and is insurance if Jose is traded and we cant get a solid back up, or Jose leaves after free agency.

I really do not think he is good enough yet to be a consistent back up pg.

Am I wrong for not interpreting this as"Jose is gone"? Help me out here. I am seeing way to many "Aww, well Jose was good for the Raptors and I hope he can come back later on in his career."

Comment

The rights to him could've been traded but once we signed him he gets the December 15th rule

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    Check that again and come back.
                    He is a draft pick who has signed a contract..... So check that again and come back.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
                      Wait, JL3 means the immediate end of Jose? I dont think so. I say he is third stringer this year (unless there is an injury), and is insurance if Jose is traded and we cant get a solid back up, or Jose leaves after free agency.

Am I the only one who is not interpreting this as "Jose is gone"? Help me out here.
                      I don't think so either. It seems like mostly the Jose haters are taking it out of proportion. It does certainly raise the chances but I definitely don't think this means he is out the door.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post

Am I wrong for not interpreting this as"Jose is gone"? Help me out here. I am seeing way to many "Aww, well Jose was good for the Raptors and I hope he can come back later on in his career."
                        i think we are up to near 20 million at the 1 spot in committed salary. and this is the year to use all available moneys to stock ourselves up. so if they can unload jose they can use that money somewhere else. i don't think this means he is gone but it definitely means he is less essential to the success of this year.

if we were over the cap i would expect a jose trade before the season starts. as of now i still think bc will do his best to move jose before the olympics if possible because if he gets hurt we would be fucked.

Comment

Acy can be traded. The delay rules only apply to Restricted Free Agents.
                          Calderon has always sucked. He's basically Chris Childs absent the drinking problem, or he hides it better. I can't take all night to explain basketball to you guys. You'll have to do some learning on your own.

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                            I seriously don't understand the absolutely negativity or hate on Jose. Am I really the only one who loves Calderon's time in Toronto? He's one of the most loyal Raptors of all time. Gives 110% every night. Sure he might have been a defensive liability, but he has shown willingness to change and get better. I am really gonna miss having Calderon as a Raptor. I hope near the end of his career, he can return back to Toronto and retire as a Raptor
                            You're not alone. I think giving him up would be a huge mistake on many levels as well.

Comment

AJ360 wrote: View Post
                              Will Soloman
                              Darrick Martin
                              Marcus Banks
                              Milt Palacio

Toronto is pretty much notorious for breeding the worse backup point guards. Jose was our best back up point guard. Since then, we've only had second string point guards pretending to be starters (Mike James, Jarrett Jack, Jerryd Bayless, Jose Calderon, Kyle Lowry). I'm hoping Kyle Lowry can break the curse of Kenny Anderson.

Comment

I don't want to be a dick but you're talking about a BACKUP POINT GUARD get over it
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X