Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATE: Raptors Sign John Lucas III (#258)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keffyboy wrote: View Post
    Quincy Acy's not playing tonite and they're signing a SECOND string point guard. I'd say Jose time is about done in Toronto. Thankfully.
    Yeah, there's no way Lucas is sigining to be the third string. Jose is gone. Book it.
    I'm not sure why Acy is in this conversation? Didn't he just sign a multi-year contract? Even if he could be traded, why again? The Raps are high on this guy if I'm correct.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Acy can be traded. The delay rules only apply to Restricted Free Agents.
      Calderon has always sucked. He's basically Chris Childs absent the drinking problem, or he hides it better. I can't take all night to explain basketball to you guys. You'll have to do some learning on your own.
      You really are wrong you know. I'd get you the link but not worth aggravation on iPhone.

Rooks can't be traded until dec 15 once contract signed.

Comment

Also to add, I think Quincy Acy didn't play tonight because he's receiving Eddie Sutton Tustenugee*Award from Baylor. It's a pure speculation though...

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...B2_CUTLIN99027

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          You really are wrong you know. I'd get you the link but not worth aggravation on iPhone.

Rooks can't be traded until dec 15 once contract signed.
          wow, are you high?

Comment

Acy can be traded. The delay rules only apply to Restricted Free Agents.
            Calderon has always sucked. He's basically Chris Childs absent the drinking problem, or he hides it better. I can't take all night to explain basketball to you guys. You'll have to do some learning on your own.
            Acy can't be traded...not right now. Draft picks cannot be traded for 30 days (as opposed to 90 days or Dec 15 for RFA's) after being signed, so there is a delay.

Wow Calderon and Childs??? Those two are so far off in game and style.

Comment

wow, are you high?
              Nope. Been 100% sober for over 2 and half years now. Thanks for asking though.

Comment

wow, are you high?
                Please educate the entire board about how there is no delay, as you seem to be the only one aware of this?

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                  not a big lucas fan. saw a bunch of bulls games and when he is the pg the bigs rarely get the ball. he either set up at the top for a drive and dish out to the 3 line or passed the ball off to deng for an iso play.

i think he is best suited to 3rd stringer and wouldn't want him as a full time back up. if this does prelude the trade of jose i would like to grab johnny flynn before the cavs sign him and give him a go as back up instead.
                  reading this thread i was waiting for a naysayer to come in and say something sensible. any one of you that got frustrated with jerryd bayless as a backup is going to shit himself watching lucas 3. they play similarly except lucas is much smaller and way worse. he's also probably an all NBA "irrational confidence guy," as bill simmons would say.

but hey he is scrappy, as another poster pointed out. if that's important to you

Comment

chris wrote: View Post
                    reading this thread i was waiting for a naysayer to come in and say something sensible. any one of you that got frustrated with jerryd bayless as a backup is going to shit himself watching lucas 3. they play similarly except lucas is much smaller and way worse. he's also probably an all NBA "irrational confidence guy," as bill simmons would say.

but hey he is scrappy, as another poster pointed out. if that's important to you
                    I think that's the main reason why not many want him as the permanent back up. He'd be okay for a short term backup but I don't think anyone is openly saying that he should be the 2nd string longterm

Comment

Sensible naysayers always welcome. Honestly I don't know enough about him to have an informed opin

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                        Please educate the entire board about how there is no delay, as you seem to be the only one aware of this?
                        Yes please do so keffyboy.

Comment

for example, per 36 mins last year he averaged 18 fg attempts, the same as derrick rose, 4 more than bayless.

did i mention he's shot less than 40% on FGA for his career?

Comment

The frustration over Bayless is because we all wanted him to develop into a starter and he never got there. I don't see us getting frustrated over a guy we expect to be a 3rd/2nd string PG who plays 15 minutes or less a game. In fact I think Lucas III is perfect for that role and we would be the opposite of frustrated with him.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                              The frustration over Bayless is because we all wanted him to develop into a starter and he never got there. I don't see us getting frustrated over a guy we expect to be a 3rd/2nd string PG who plays 15 minutes or less a game. In fact I think Lucas III is perfect for that role and we would be the opposite of frustrated with him.
                              No way! With Bayless gone I need a new whipping boy!

Comment

More on the signing.

"The Raptors, in a very roundabout way, are going to turn James Johnson into John Lucas III. According to league sources, Toronto will sign Lucas as the Raptors third point guard as soon as the trade of Johnson to the Sacramento Kings for a second-round draft pick finalized. Johnson still has to report to the Kings and pass his physical — considered a mere formality now — but until he does and his salary comes off the books to clear cap room the Lucas deal can’t happen. The same sources that confirmed the deal are also adamant it has no impact on the short-term future of current Raptors guard Jose Calderon. The Raptors would be happy to have Lucas — a 5-11 30-year-old who averaged 7.5 points and 2.2 assists per game in 49 games with the Chicago Bulls last season — as a third point guard, able to move up the pecking order in an emergency. Ben Uzoh, who finished the 2011-12 season on a series of 10-day contracts with the Raptors, filled the third guard role late last season."

Comment

Working...
                                X