Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATE: Raptors Sign John Lucas III (#258)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official press release from Raptors.com:

The Toronto Raptors announced Friday they have signed free-agent point guard John Lucas III. Per team policy, financial details were not disclosed.

Lucas averaged career bests of 7.5 points, 2.2 assists, 1.6 rebounds and 14.8 minutes in a career-high 49 games with Chicago last season. He shot .393 from three-point range (27th in the NBA) and .875 at the charity stripe. He paced the Bulls in scoring six times and in assists on five occasions. He scored in double figures in 15 outings, including four games of 20-or-more points. He tallied a career-high 25 points in a career-best 46 minutes January 11 versus Washington. He equaled his career-high scoring outing with 25 points in the season finale, April 26 versus Cleveland. .

Lucas has averaged 5.0 points, 1.4 assists and 11.1 minutes in 111 career regular season games. In seven career playoff outings, he has contributed 6.1 points, 1.3 assists and 14.6 minutes.

Lucas, 5-foot-11, 165 pounds, played overseas from 2007-10. He appeared in 40 games with the Shanghai Dongfang Sharks in the 2009-10 season where he contributed 27.9 points, 4.9 rebounds, 4.7 assists and 42.3 minutes in 40 games.

In 2008-09, Lucas split his time between Colorado in the NBA D-League and Spain’s Tau Ceramica. In the 2007-08 campaign, Lucas played for Benetton Treviso in Italy.

Lucas began his NBA career with the Houston Rockets (2005-07). He played in 47 contests in the 2006-07 season and 13 games in 2005-06.

Lucas finished his collegiate career at Oklahoma State after two seasons at Baylor. He was an All-Big 12 First Team selection as a junior and senior. He averaged 16.3 points and 4.3 assists in 68 games at Oklahoma State.

Lucas is the son of John Lucas, Jr., former first overall pick of the Rockets in 1976.
    http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/2012...john-lucas-iii

Comment

• JL3 is wearing #5

On a side note, now that J.Johnson is officially gone, Fields is wearing #2
      TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• Does the signing of John Lucas III possibly signify the trading of Calderon in the next couple weeks?

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
          Does the signing of John Lucas III possibly signify the trading of Calderon in the next couple weeks?
          He'll be third string if Jose isn't traded, which is a good possibilty

Comment

• Article on JLIII from RealGM

Found this on realGM....sorry if this has already been posted...

http://basketball.realgm.com/blog/22...e_With_Raptors
            Buschfire

Raptors fan since day 1.

Comment

• P.S. on a side note Sonny signed with CSKA Moscow apparently a 3 year deal.
              Buschfire

Raptors fan since day 1.

Comment

• I guess the JL3 signing sealed Uzoh's 2012-13 season, via HoopsHype.com:

Ben Uzoh has signed with Cholet of France. BasketActu.com

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  I guess the JL3 signing sealed Uzoh's 2012-13 season, via HoopsHype.com:

Ben Uzoh has signed with Cholet of France. BasketActu.com
                  I hope they were not looking for a shooter at the point. Good Luck Ben, have a good year.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Good luck to you and farewell, Mr. Triple Double!
                    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• I know it's a longshot, but if Calderon ends up playing the full season in Toronto, wonder how annoyed Lucas will be. I'm assuming Lucas signed here thinking that Calderon is on his way out. I don't imagine he'd choose Toronto knowing he'd be wearing a suit and tie on game days.

Comment

• He signed here because Toronto was offering 2 years, while Chicago was only offering 1.

Comment

Working...
                        X