Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATE: Raptors Sign John Lucas III (#258)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I can't wait for the naysayers to bash the signing.... Even though the Bulls and HEAT both wanted him.

I am not sure about everyday backup though. From his gamelog he seemed to play alright when given opportunity. To be working this long to crack the NBA, I am going to assume high character guy much like Andersen. Major assumption on my part.
    That looks to be the consensus. He could be the 2nd short term but no one seems to think he can be the everyday backup

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      Depending on what the contract is for, I'm guessing 3rd stringer, not 2nd. I don't like his size especially since Lowry is already fairly short. I don't recall seeing him play so I cannot really comment on his play, but from what I see in this thread he'd make a decent 3rd stringer/backup - so I'm happy. That probably means the end of Uzoh... thanks for dropping a triple double when we needed a loss
      Lmao paybacks a bitch. That'll teach him to play well when we couldve gotten Harrison Barnes

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
        I'm a BIG jl3 fan. Love this signing.

Pretty well means Jose is definitely gone sooner than later though.
        Same here. I believe Miami was trying to get him also. He is a firecracker. Really quick.

Comment

I like this signing, the guy is fearless. He went at Lebron without blinking. Even if we're not incredibly talented, we're gonna fight night in and night out.

Comment

Toronto's had worse

It's seems to me that Toronto's had other PGs that were worse than John Lucas III:

Sundiata Gaines...was he the backup at one time, or the 3rd stringer?
            Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

10 000 Hours wrote: View Post
              It's seems to me that Toronto's had other PGs that were worse than John Lucas III:

Sundiata Gaines...was he the backup at one time, or the 3rd stringer?
              Roko Ukic.

Comment

AJ360 wrote: View Post
                Roko Ukic.
                Will Soloman

Comment

Trade coming...

Quincy Acy's not playing tonite and they're signing a SECOND string point guard. I'd say Jose time is about done in Toronto. Thankfully.
                  Yeah, there's no way Lucas is sigining to be the third string. Jose is gone. Book it.

Comment

I really like this signing because he was on my shortlist of veterans to target to fill out the roster. He's a great leader, locker room presence, offensive sparkplug, and he's got deep-playoff experience. However, if Jose leaves we'll be mighty small with two guys 6'0" and under. But you can count on them to make up for it with grit and toughness. I'd cosign to the idea of bringing in Uzoh if Jose is traded. Hopefully BC is compotent enough to get more than a pick in return for the Spaniard. Overall great signing, low risk / rewards accross the board.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                      @WolstatSun: Source confirms John Lucas III to Raptors report from Marc Stein/ESPN
                      Looks like its official
                      That doesn't mean that John Lucas II is officially a Raptor. It just means that the reports that we are trying to get JLIII is true...

Comment

keffyboy wrote: View Post
                        Quincy Acy's not playing tonite and they're signing a SECOND string point guard. I'd say Jose time is about done in Toronto. Thankfully.
                        Yeah, there's no way Lucas is sigining to be the third string. Jose is gone. Book it.
                        I seriously don't understand the absolutely negativity or hate on Jose. Am I really the only one who loves Calderon's time in Toronto? He's one of the most loyal Raptors of all time. Gives 110% every night. Sure he might have been a defensive liability, but he has shown willingness to change and get better. I am really gonna miss having Calderon as a Raptor. I hope near the end of his career, he can return back to Toronto and retire as a Raptor

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                          I seriously don't understand the absolutely negativity or hate on Jose. Am I really the only one who loves Calderon's time in Toronto? He's one of the most loyal Raptors of all time. Gives 110% every night. Sure he might have been a defensive liability, but he has shown willingness to change and get better. I am really gonna miss having Calderon as a Raptor. I hope near the end of his career, he can return back to Toronto and retire as a Raptor
                          I know that I for one love his game. He frustrated me earlier on in his career with taking his time bringing the ball up court and waiting till time is running out to dish the ball to someone but that all changed a couple years ago. He deserves all the respect from most fans for at least being loyal.

Comment

Jose is just plain terrible, he's been good enough to keep us out of a great draft pick but not good enough for the team to be very good. He's fool's gold and he always has been. He is awful and I'm glad he's on he's way out.
                            Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                              I like Jose.. havent liked his contract but that about to expire soon anyways..id be all for resigning Jose for a fair market (back-up PG)price, if he was willing to embrace that role on this team...if hes not ready to be a back-up then adios muchachos..

a bit off topic but we officially have signed Jonas to his rookie scale contract

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...as_Valanciunas
                              Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Wed Jul 18, 2012, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Jose played with a shit load of heart, gave 110%, and stuck with us for a long while without complaining a bit. I don't get how people can talk bad about him. He was one of the most loyal guys to play for our beloved Raptors

Comment

Working...
                                X