Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATE: Raptors Sign John Lucas III (#258)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Train-wreck thread.. I'm one of those losers who comes here to do more reading than posting. Here I am trying to browse through and learn more about Lucas' game and my time has been wasted sorting through all this stupid banter back and forth. I mean, I came here to waste time, but it was for the purpose of educating myself. I hope we end up with a new John Lucas lll thread, and that it can be about John Lucas lll.
    Ps. Never realized how much I appreciated the usual posters until right now. I really enjoy these boards most days and learn something new every time.

Comment

• I like this signing because it opens the door for us to find a suitor for Jose Calderon and strengthen another position. However I am curious to see how much we sign JL3 for because if it is for between 2-3 million I feel like we would've been better served if we kept Bayless ...

That being said JL3 is a good 3 point shooter, and he must be a sound defensive player since he is from Chicago.
      "Defense wins championships."

Comment

• Garbo wrote: View Post
        Train-wreck thread.. I'm one of those losers who comes here to do more reading than posting. Here I am trying to browse through and learn more about Lucas' game and my time has been wasted sorting through all this stupid banter back and forth. I mean, I came here to waste time, but it was for the purpose of educating myself. I hope we end up with a new John Lucas lll thread, and that it can be about John Lucas lll.
        Ps. Never realized how much I appreciated the usual posters until right now. I really enjoy these boards most days and learn something new every time.
        You could have at least continued the chain of +'s

Comment

Train-wreck thread.. I'm one of those losers who comes here to do more reading than posting. Here I am trying to browse through and learn more about Lucas' game and my time has been wasted sorting through all this stupid banter back and forth. I mean, I came here to waste time, but it was for the purpose of educating myself. I hope we end up with a new John Lucas lll thread, and that it can be about John Lucas lll.
          Agreed.

I wish I had my super-moderator badge for a moment

Comment

Thank you very much for posting this. I started the thread to hear what people had to say about John Lucas and it got turned into Jose sucks thread. Disappointed to say the least.

Comment

• SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
              I like this signing because it opens the door for us to find a suitor for Jose Calderon and strengthen another position. However I am curious to see how much we sign JL3 for because if it is for between 2-3 million I feel like we would've been better served if we kept Bayless ...

That being said JL3 is a good 3 point shooter, and he must be a sound defensive player since he is from Chicago.
              Yeah I'm starting to wonder too, but I believe the decision was that Bayless' contract would value at around 4$ million, and likely playing the back-up to Lowry AND Calderon. JL3 with 2-3$ million I'm still skeptical about, because a solid 3rd 'C' could be brought in.

Whatever the means, John Lucas was a VERY solid player for Chicago when Rose was out with an injury, and remember Lucas did light us up (I believe it was 2 games)when we played Chicago.

I think whatever happens to the Calderon situation would open more cap space, I'm seeing an asset and cash but I'm no expert on the financial part of the game. Draft picks accumulated should be big for us down the road being our draft pick with the weird protection is to Houston.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                +9

Nice to see how you treat people who disagree with you.

Comment

• Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                  Thank you very much for posting this. I started the thread to hear what people had to say about John Lucas and it got turned into Jose sucks thread. Disappointed to say the least.
                  I agree, the negativity in this thread is ridiculous. Makes me wonder about the poster's home lives.

Comment

• keffyboy wrote: View Post

Nice to see how you treat people who disagree with you.
                    Nice to see you take things lightly. If you can't take people disagreeing with you on this forum, get your ass off. There are a number of ass-holes on this forum, and I just decided to agree with another's opinion. Never said your opinion was wrong, just didn't agree.

Comment

I agree, the negativity in this thread is ridiculous. Makes me wonder about the poster's home lives.
                      First of all, weren't you the one who mentioned Jose was a locker room cancer? *sigh*

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        39.3 last year is pretty darn close

If he is good enough for contenders third string surely he is good enough for the raps, no? That was all I meant.
                        I suppose, but I think it's a bit irrelevant, for the same reason that Mario Chalmers or Derek Fisher were always 'good enough' as Miami/LA's starting point guard. Normally I don't mind giving guys like Lucas a chance at 3rd string, but in this situation where Calderon could be moved, we're talking about giving 15 minutes to a guy who shoots under 40%, and who likes to shoot. Shrug.. I just thought if we needed shooters, that meant 'good' shooters.
                        your pal,
                        ebrian

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                          First of all, weren't you the one who mentioned Jose was a locker room cancer? *sigh*
                          *sigh* he is a cancer. it s been well documented. I didn t realize that this site was some sort of Calderon man love association.

Comment

*sigh* he is a cancer. it s been well documented. I didn t realize that this site was some sort of Calderon man love association.
                            Well documented? I can't find any... please elaborate or link me to an article.
                            Last edited by The Coach; Thu Jul 19, 2012, 10:13 PM.
                            “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                            ― John Wooden

Comment

So a guy, who loves the fans, loves the city, and loves his teammates is a cancer? A guy the coach and gm RAVE about being a leader and a true professional? The guy has played through so much adversity, and with so many other players fighting for that spot, and has always acted team-first, just like his game.

Now that he asks for a trade he is suddenly a cancer? I'm sorry but I wouldn't blame him, he is a true point guard who has done nothing but proven his ability to make his teammates better. Now that he's finally been the guy at the point guard spot, someone else comes in who is penciled as the "future of the point guard" and the starter, he's a little upset. He's spent years with this organization growing as a player and took back-seats for the better of the team.... Now he's in a situation again like he has been with Jarrett Jack, Jerryd Bayless, and TJ Ford, but this time, Kyle Lowry is a much better and achieving player than those names..

And to your comment of being a cancer is 'well documented,' enlighten me, 'Keffyboy.' I have NEVER heard of him being a cancer, the only cancer is his contract.. Even IF you find something that says Jose is some sort of cancer, I will never change my perception of Jose of being a true professional.

Comment

• Matt, can't you just go into a telephone booth and change into your moderator outfit to rescue us?

Comment

Working...
                                X