Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATE: Raptors Sign John Lucas III (#258)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    I would only like Flynn for the right price although I kinda like how he stated that he would like to play in Toronto :P
    Pretty sure it would be the minimum, or just above the minimum for Flynn. Anyone else kinda of nervous to see what Lucas' contract financially will look like?

Love BC as a GM, dont like the way he gives out contracts.
    @RavNation

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      Let's please get this thread back on topic. The personal attacks, insults and disrespecting fellow users stops now. Thanks.

Cheers,
      CRF
      Thank you very much. For the first time since being on this forum, I regret starting a thread. Not what I expected.

Comment

• YYZ wrote: View Post
        Pretty sure it would be the minimum, or just above the minimum for Flynn. Anyone else kinda of nervous to see what Lucas' contract financially will look like?
        I am withholding my judgement about this potential signing until I know two things: is he being signed as 2nd string or 3rd string, and how much is he signing for. I am not sold on him as a primary backup and hope he isn't signed for too much.

Comment

• YYZ wrote: View Post

Love BC as a GM, dont like the way he gives out contracts.
          It could possibly be at the $2 - $2.5 million per year which is quite a bit for a possible 3rd string. I don't like the contracts he gives out either. I understand that we have to slightly overpay to pry free agents to the Raptors, but I think he's taking that a bit too literally.

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
            It could possibly be at the $2 - $2.5 million per year which is quite a bit for a possible 3rd string. I don't like the contracts he gives out either. I understand that we have to slightly overpay to pry free agents to the Raptors, but I think he's taking that a bit too literally.
            I totally agree, other than the Fields contract (being an RFA), 2$ million for a likely 3rd stringer is too much, financially I prefer Uzoh because he would sign to a minimum contract.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              I am withholding my judgement about this potential signing until I know two things: is he being signed as 2nd string or 3rd string, and how much is he signing for. I am not sold on him as a primary backup and hope he isn't signed for too much.
              +1

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                I totally agree, other than the Fields contract (being an RFA), 2$ million for a likely 3rd stringer is too much, financially I prefer Uzoh because he would sign to a minimum contract.
                Really? That's couch money in the NBA.

Besides, our luck has always been that a PG goes down for an extended period of time. Getting someone better than a D-Leaguer is probably prudent.

Comment

• I'm not too concerned about money in year 1 (2012-13).

It is rumoured to be a multi year deal.

I'm interested if player or team option beyond this season and money beyond this year.

It is all about maintaining that ever present flexibility that does not seem to get used..... but one day..... one day I just feel it..... one day it will be used.

Comment

• Katman wrote: View Post
                    Really? That's couch money in the NBA.

Besides, our luck has always been that a PG goes down for an extended period of time. Getting someone better than a D-Leaguer is probably prudent.
                    Couch money? Not for a 3rd stringer who possibly wouldn't even play in my mind.

Otherwise I would agree, even though Ben Uzoh was nice near the end of the season, depth at each position is a must, especially for this team with no star talent.

Comment

• A 3rd stringer who will probably play. Based on Calderon's history it's very likely he will be injured during the course of the season, especially since he's playing large minutes at the Olympics.

Really, last years injury free season was a fluke. If there is one position we pay a little extra for depth PG should be it.
                      Last edited by Katman; Fri Jul 20, 2012, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                        +1

as stated many times by me i am not a lucas fan as a primary back up and think that 2-3 million is too expensive for a 3rd stringer. to me this was the worst move of the summer.

would have much rather tried out flynn or signed machado.
                        Agreed, I like the signing but if it's anywhere near 2-3 million then it's too much and we could've gotten an equally talented point guard for the minimum.

Comment

• Katman wrote: View Post
                          A 3rd stringer who will probably play. Based on Calderon's history it's very likely he will be injured during the course of the season, especially since he's playing large minutes at the Olympics.

Really, last years injury free season was a fluke. If there is one position we pay a little extra for depth PG should be it.
                          Kyle Lowry, Jose Calderon, John Lucas III. Whatever it is, 2-3$ million to a 3rd stringer compared to Bayless @ 4$ million at a possible sixth man role/back-up PG is weird to me.

I would only prefer to use the flexibility on something that really impacts us now and the future, not for a player coming in to play a spot of 8-12 minutes... Sometimes in street clothes.

Comment

• You guys act like this 2-3 mil was going to go to getting that max player that's always available next year. They're not coming here, get over it, John Lucas got maybe an extra mil out of us than what he deserves.

Oh no, we dun fucked up, with that mil and our 9 TPE's we could've gotten Rudy Gay and signed Dwight Howard next year

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                              You guys act like this 2-3 mil was going to go to getting that max player that's always available next year. They're not coming here, get over it, John Lucas got maybe an extra mil out of us than what he deserves.

Oh no, we dun fucked up, with that mil and our 9 TPE's we could've gotten Rudy Gay and signed Dwight Howard next year
                              Howard is not coming! Don't even have to talk about that! It's not a possibility!

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                                Kyle Lowry, Jose Calderon, John Lucas III. Whatever it is, 2-3$ million to a 3rd stringer compared to Bayless @ 4$ million at a possible sixth man role/back-up PG is weird to me.

I would only prefer to use the flexibility on something that really impacts us now and the future, not for a player coming in to play a spot of 8-12 minutes... Sometimes in street clothes.
                                If JL3 gets signed for anything close to 3 million I will be choked considering that Bayless signed for around 3 million. I would much rather have Bayless than JL3.
                                "Defense wins championships."

Comment

Working...
                                X