Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: Raptors Sign John Lucas III (#258)

Raptors Republic Rookie 10 000 Hours's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Jose needs to play with all stars

I think a talent like Jose needs to play with all star players to show his true value. If he had been starting on the Heat this year, that team would have dominated even more. He's unselfish, and takes care of the ball.

The problem with Calderon is that even though his play is good, on talent starved teams, he can't provide wins.

I like to look at him how I look at music in films: Good music can't make a bad film good but, good music can make a good movie great.
    Last edited by 10 000 Hours; Wed Jul 18th, 2012 at 10:44 PM. Reason: typo
    Walking like I'm already there.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote keffyboy wrote: View Post
    Oh and its great that if someone disagrees with you geniuses that they're stupid and morons. Backlash must be very sad and lonely.
    lol kid. You're the child here. You have absolutely no proof, no evidence and no claim to any of your arguments. You basically spew out your opinion without any argument whatsoever and automatically assume you're correct. I can do it too. It is my opinion that pigs can fly. Does that mean I'm right? No cuz I don't have any proof or evidence. How about putting some thought into your post before typing it out? Also, you don't come into this forum and talk Matt like that :P

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

sad, lonely, and desperate.

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 10 000 Hours wrote: View Post
    I think a talent like Jose needs to play with all star players to show his true value. If he had been starting on the Heat this year, that team would have dominated even more. He's unselfish, and takes care of the ball.

The problem with Calderon is that even though his play is good, on talent starved teams, he can't provide wins.

I like to look at him how I look at music in films: Good music can't make a bad film good but, good music can make a good movie great.
    I think Calderon could be an incredible player if the right player if the right players were around him. If he was surrounded by a team of Allstars like Miami I could definitely see him averaging 10 or close to 10 assists.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, you guys must be new to the NBA, cause your knowledge and opinions are just plain childish. It's like a bunch of 7 year olds arguing about how great a dunker Jose Calderon is.
    He is awful, always has been and always will be.
    No troll here, just a basketball purist and I get depressed listening to uneducated "fans" with no basketball brains talk about how good Toronto's worst players are.
    Just watch how well Toronto does when the finally get rid of Jose.
    Kind of suprising that Toronto's worst stretch of basketball started after the Spanish Disaster touched down in T dot.
    You see. It's that kind of bs rant that really annoys the hell out of me. Not one intelligent thing was said in your post. It's just a paragraph of hate. Is Calderon perfect? No. Did we say he was perfect? Absolutely not. Is Calderon an abysmal point guard in NBA? Hell no. He's definitely not among the best point guard but he is right in the middle of the pack. As for us being uneducated fans, we are not uneducated. We are realistic and fans that appreciate the loyalty that Calderon has given us. If you can't see or appreciate that, you're no Raptors fan. Will we be better off without Calderon, maybe but Calderon will always be a fan favorite in Toronto.

Post Thanks / Like

Sigh. It is sad how pathetic some people are on the internet. Can't believe parents let their kids on the internet...

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    I actually dont mind what you say about the Raps, i do think there's some truth to what you say, but i guess for such strong words, you need to support your claim, i guess with either facts or scenarios.

"Calderon has always sucked" doesnt usually cut it in a forum like this.
    i think you hit the nail on the head here. it isn't that we attack views that are different from our own. it is brazen generalities thrown out as proof instead of some facts or stats, that get ridiculed and rejected. lots of people on this forum are of different opinions and keep it respectful. but when someone makes blanket statements such as "jose sucks and always will" and others say that's ridiculous instead of debating, people are attacking with more nonsense.
    Last edited by Miekenstien; Wed Jul 18th, 2012 at 11:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    i think you hit the nail on the head here. it isn't that we attack views that are different from our own. it is brazen generalities thrown out as proof instead of some facts or stats, that get ridiculed and rejected. lots of people on this forum are of different opinions and keep it respectful. but when someone makes blanket statements such as "jose sucks and always will" and others say that's ridiculous instead of debating people are attacking with more nonsense.
    I guess you're right. Just some of these ridiculous statement and obvious trolls really piss me off...

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Parental controls ain't what they used to be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Maleko wrote: View Post
    Parental controls ain't what they used to be.
    Nope. They are not.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

So you joined Feb. 2011 and only 30 post?

What does. That say about you?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    So you joined Feb. 2011 and only 30 post?

What does. That say about you?
    ummmm, that i m busy and don t have a lot of time to explain basketball to you guys.
    that this forum impacts my life in no way at all...
    it would be nice to talk basketball with grown ups someday.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Jose is just a loser and that s the end of it.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

it would be nice to talk basketball with grown ups someday.
    you are being childish and insulting. that isn't how grownups talk.

Jose is just a loser and that s the end of it.
    you don't get to say those things. you are very unqualified to say who is a loser and who isn't a loser.

you are qualified to say "jose is way more successful then i will ever be and i am not good at explaining myself beyond one sentence insults without any information to back up what i say."

i think you should stop trolling and participate in the forum. you haven't been busy on the forum because you're busy so if you can't contribute other than trolling please go be busy.

Raptors Republic Rookie AlienOverlord's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This topic has been completely derailed, why are you feeding the troll?

We definitely need a 3rd string PG. Calderon is quite injury prone and Lowry just came off an injured season. We don't want a situation like last year where we're pushing one PG to play extended minutes or force a SG to play at the PG.

The question is, is Lucas a better option than Uzoh? Value wise.

Raptors Republic Rookie 10 000 Hours's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote AlienOverlord wrote: View Post

We definitely need a 3rd string PG. Calderon is quite injury prone and Lowry just came off an injured season. We don't want a situation like last year where we're pushing one PG to play extended minutes or force a SG to play at the PG.

Well said. Ignoring is the best medicine.

...Also, I think Lucas is a better option than Uzoh, he's got good experience playing for a very good offensive and defensive team, and filled in well, when Rose was hurt. Seems to know his role. I think it's definitely worth a shot.

My only concern is with him as a primary back up. If he's signed, we'll find out.
    Walking like I'm already there.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

If everybody just ignores keffyboy, he'll go away eventually...

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote AlienOverlord wrote: View Post

I think right now he has much higher value than uzoh. The question is if Jose's gone can he be a backup longterm?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Trolling

Wow, you guys must be new to the NBA, cause your knowledge and opinions are just plain childish. It's like a bunch of 7 year olds arguing about how great a dunker Jose Calderon is.
    He is awful, always has been and always will be.
    No troll here, just a basketball purist and I get depressed listening to uneducated "fans" with no basketball brains talk about how good Toronto's worst players are.
    Just watch how well Toronto does when the finally get rid of Jose.
    Kind of suprising that Toronto's worst stretch of basketball started after the Spanish Disaster touched down in T dot.
    Look kid. I like your spirit. But you are horrible at trolling. You can't be so obvious or you won't actually piss anyone off. Comparing Calderon to Childs? Bayless twice the player Calderon ever was? If you were good at your job you'd saying something more plausible like....Lowry is just TJ Ford with better defense. That one hurts cause that could very well end up being the case although it seems unlikely based on Lowry's continued progression over the past few years.

Good luck on your next one!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

well, i m not trolling,
    jthis team will definitely be better this year IF they get rid of Jose,
    and i ve definitely upset a couple of douches, but that s ok, they re pretty immature anyways.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information