Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATE: Raptors Sign John Lucas III (#258)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and its great that if someone disagrees with you geniuses that they're stupid and morons. Backlash must be very sad and lonely.

Comment

Ya I read that he was in for a tryout with them, has a few more scheduled with other teams. I think when Jose leaves, and it only is a matter of time, he would be a better option as backup to Lowry then Lucas.
      @RavNation

Comment

I actually dont mind the so-called ignorant posts. Whatever they say, it still counts as an opinion. We may call their comments dumb, senseless oir stupid, but its actually a "poor man's" version of what we say, and what we say are said in a more "educated" way i guess.

When they say "Jose is a bum", we actually say the same thing, but in a more subtle way, like "Jose has not been up to par defensively"

Or "The Raptors suck", we say, "The Raptors have underperformed". See??

Poor Jose. He's still with the team but it seems like he\s being rushed out the door. If getting Lowry was a diss, i think getting JL3 is a total slap in the face. Signing JL3 is not to make him a 3rd stringer but rather a back-up, so where does that leave Jose. I hope they get a deal done soon, and on Jose's terms.

Comment

keffyboy wrote: View Post
          Acy can be traded. The delay rules only apply to Restricted Free Agents.
          Calderon has always sucked. He's basically Chris Childs absent the drinking problem, or he hides it better. I can't take all night to explain basketball to you guys. You'll have to do some learning on your own.
          I actually dont mind what you say about the Raps, i do think there's some truth to what you say, but i guess for such strong words, you need to support your claim, i guess with either facts or scenarios.

"Calderon has always sucked" doesnt usually cut it in a forum like this.

Comment

Acy can be traded. The delay rules only apply to Restricted Free Agents
            Calderon has always sucked. He's basically Chris Childs absent the drinking problem, or he hides it better. I can't take all night to explain basketball to you guys. You'll have to do some learning on your own.

Acy cannot be traded right now, or for the next 28 or 27 days; " A draft rookie who signs a player contract may not be traded until 30 days following the date on which he signed his contract."

http://www.nba.com/.element/mp3/2.0/...PDF/CBA101.pdf
            Last edited by zulfi; Wed Jul 18, 2012, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Jose needs to play with all stars

I think a talent like Jose needs to play with all star players to show his true value. If he had been starting on the Heat this year, that team would have dominated even more. He's unselfish, and takes care of the ball.

The problem with Calderon is that even though his play is good, on talent starved teams, he can't provide wins.

I like to look at him how I look at music in films: Good music can't make a bad film good but, good music can make a good movie great.
              Last edited by 10 000 Hours; Wed Jul 18, 2012, 10:44 PM. Reason: typo
              Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

Oh and its great that if someone disagrees with you geniuses that they're stupid and morons. Backlash must be very sad and lonely.
                lol kid. You're the child here. You have absolutely no proof, no evidence and no claim to any of your arguments. You basically spew out your opinion without any argument whatsoever and automatically assume you're correct. I can do it too. It is my opinion that pigs can fly. Does that mean I'm right? No cuz I don't have any proof or evidence. How about putting some thought into your post before typing it out? Also, you don't come into this forum and talk Matt like that :P

Comment

sad, lonely, and desperate.

Comment

10 000 Hours wrote: View Post
                    I think a talent like Jose needs to play with all star players to show his true value. If he had been starting on the Heat this year, that team would have dominated even more. He's unselfish, and takes care of the ball.

The problem with Calderon is that even though his play is good, on talent starved teams, he can't provide wins.

I like to look at him how I look at music in films: Good music can't make a bad film good but, good music can make a good movie great.
                    I think Calderon could be an incredible player if the right player if the right players were around him. If he was surrounded by a team of Allstars like Miami I could definitely see him averaging 10 or close to 10 assists.

Comment

Wow, you guys must be new to the NBA, cause your knowledge and opinions are just plain childish. It's like a bunch of 7 year olds arguing about how great a dunker Jose Calderon is.
                      He is awful, always has been and always will be.
                      No troll here, just a basketball purist and I get depressed listening to uneducated "fans" with no basketball brains talk about how good Toronto's worst players are.
                      Just watch how well Toronto does when the finally get rid of Jose.
                      Kind of suprising that Toronto's worst stretch of basketball started after the Spanish Disaster touched down in T dot.
                      You see. It's that kind of bs rant that really annoys the hell out of me. Not one intelligent thing was said in your post. It's just a paragraph of hate. Is Calderon perfect? No. Did we say he was perfect? Absolutely not. Is Calderon an abysmal point guard in NBA? Hell no. He's definitely not among the best point guard but he is right in the middle of the pack. As for us being uneducated fans, we are not uneducated. We are realistic and fans that appreciate the loyalty that Calderon has given us. If you can't see or appreciate that, you're no Raptors fan. Will we be better off without Calderon, maybe but Calderon will always be a fan favorite in Toronto.

Comment

Sigh. It is sad how pathetic some people are on the internet. Can't believe parents let their kids on the internet...

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                          I actually dont mind what you say about the Raps, i do think there's some truth to what you say, but i guess for such strong words, you need to support your claim, i guess with either facts or scenarios.

"Calderon has always sucked" doesnt usually cut it in a forum like this.
                          i think you hit the nail on the head here. it isn't that we attack views that are different from our own. it is brazen generalities thrown out as proof instead of some facts or stats, that get ridiculed and rejected. lots of people on this forum are of different opinions and keep it respectful. but when someone makes blanket statements such as "jose sucks and always will" and others say that's ridiculous instead of debating, people are attacking with more nonsense.
                          Last edited by Miekenstien; Wed Jul 18, 2012, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            i think you hit the nail on the head here. it isn't that we attack views that are different from our own. it is brazen generalities thrown out as proof instead of some facts or stats, that get ridiculed and rejected. lots of people on this forum are of different opinions and keep it respectful. but when someone makes blanket statements such as "jose sucks and always will" and others say that's ridiculous instead of debating people are attacking with more nonsense.
                            I guess you're right. Just some of these ridiculous statement and obvious trolls really piss me off...

Comment

Parental controls ain't what they used to be.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
                                Parental controls ain't what they used to be.
                                Nope. They are not.

Comment

Working...
                                X