Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: Raptors Sign John Lucas III (#258)

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Im wondering if a duo of Lucas and Uzoh would be enough behind Lowry? If yes, right now, sadly, if Calderon really wants to be traded, trade him for picks and bring those 2 aboard.
    it might have to be if lucas' deal is in the 2.5 million area it is a bit high for an end of bench guy you can get for vets minimum. if jose is sent out and replaced by lucas only, our strength at pg will be seriously compromised.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Could you try to answer my post, witch is related to the topic?
    Sorry charlesnba23. Childish trolls always seem to get the best of everyone on the internet. As for the original post, I'm not 100% sold on Lucas just yet. He played really well when Rose got injured and he was CJ Watson's backup, but like Lin, I feel like it's not a big enough sample size to really tell whether he can really play that well on a consistent basis. I'm not sure whether he can handle a full time back-up PG to Lowry. What worries me is if Lowry gets injured and we're stuck with Lucas and Uzoh as our PGs. I wouldn't be too opposed to having Lucas as our back-up PG, but it makes one worry about the situation where Lowry get injured.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    it might have to be if lucas' deal is in the 2.5 million area it is a bit high for an end of bench guy you can get for vets minimum. if jose is sent out and replaced by lucas only, our strength at pg will be seriously compromised.
    $2.5 mill per year? I'm a bit on the fence about that kind of contract. You're right. It's a bit high for a bench PG and it would compromise our strength at the PG position, but if he can produce as well as he can when Rose got injured, I would okay with that. I would just worried if Lowry somehow gets injured and we're stuck with JL3 as our starting PG. That's when it would really compromise our PG position and our playoff chances.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Im wondering if a duo of Lucas and Uzoh would be enough behind Lowry? If yes, right now, sadly, if Calderon really wants to be traded, trade him for picks and bring those 2 aboard.
    Uzoh and Lucas would definitely be an upgrade to Calderon. They should take whatever they can get for him, right away.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote keffyboy wrote: View Post
    Yeah, and he's great, bargnani's great, derozan is great, everyone is great but the raptors have sucked for years. he s the point guard and this team has sucked since he started being the point guard. don t blame him though cause he s got good stats.
    i disagree. there s more than stats. he s got no heart and it s dragged this team down.
    this team will improve if he leaves. i guarantee it.
    I'm sure their record will improve this year if/when Calderon leaves. But I'm sure it won't have anything to do with the addition of Valanciunas, Lowry, Fields, Ross, Acy, Lucas (maybe) and whoever else is added before/during the season, or the subtraction of Bayless and Johnson. Calderon was the only reason they didn't go far into the playoffs the past few years and his departure will be the only reason for any improvement on last season's record and/or placement in the standings. Makes sense.

What about all the losses that piled up when Calderon was out with injury? What happened to winning as a team and losing as a team?

I agree that Lowry is an upgrade at starting PG, but it's not fair to blame Calderon for the team's win/loss record last year or any year previous. We can agree to disagree on Calderon as a player, but please don't heap the blame for a team's failings on any one player.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I'm sure their record will improve this year if/when Calderon leaves. But I'm sure it won't have anything to do with the addition of Valanciunas, Lowry, Fields, Ross, Acy, Lucas (maybe) and whoever else is added before/during the season, or the subtraction of Bayless and Johnson. Calderon was the only reason they didn't go far into the playoffs the past few years and his departure will be the only reason for any improvement on last season's record and/or placement in the standings. Makes sense.

What about all the losses that piled up when Calderon was out with injury? What happened to winning as a team and losing as a team?

I agree that Lowry is an upgrade at starting PG, but it's not fair to blame Calderon for the team's win/loss record last year or any year previous. We can agree to disagree on Calderon as a player, but please don't heap the blame for a team's failings on any one player.
    Fair enough! I will agree with this!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

i disagree. one player can definitely spoil the team's success. he s been given ample oppurtunity to show himself a winner and in my opinion has failed miserable. there s more to basketball than being a nice guy, and if he s so good, why have they lost so much. a good player in his position would have done more.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    Fair enough! I will agree with this!

Raptors Republic Starter RaptorDan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Since Bosh left town, Jose has been Toronto's best player.
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Post Thanks / Like

I've stop with the arguing. Why are you still going at me? I've stopped. Why won't you? Sigh.... Are you that immature?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I was just saying that I disagree with your comment. Is that not allowed? Why are you still name calling???
    Is someone going to say something to this guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorDan wrote: View Post
    Since Bosh left town, Jose has been Toronto's best player.
    I would have to disagree with that slightly. Jose was our best player in terms of facilitating the offense. Derozan and Barg have doing a pretty solid job as well the last two year. I'm willing to overlook that bad start to Demar's third year and look more at his performance on February onwards :P

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, noone on this team is terrible. They're all great.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread has lots of troll feeding and little JLIII chat, remember fellow internet users, don't feed the trolls.

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, noone on this team is terrible. They're all great.
    Nobody here is going to change their opinion when the vast majority (although not all) of your posts are completely devoid of stats or arguments. Whether you mean to or not, the result is an overly simplistic back and forth on a topic that has been DISCUSSED TO DEATH on several other threads. If you could try to expand a little more on the basis for your logic (which you have demonstrated that you are capable of, based on a couple of posts that you've done) and stick to the topic of the thread, I for one would appreciate it.

I know you haven't spent a lot of time on the boards but that's kind of how we roll around here, and we manage to have civilized discussions with people having opinions across a wide spectrum. There are people here who wouldn't necessarily disagree with some of the points you've made (when you've actually bothered to make one), just try to keep it on topic.

I'm fine signing JLIII and I'm also fine if it means we can move Calderon, as long as we get something decent in return.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Can't we all. Just get along?

i disagree. one player can definitely spoil the team's success. he s been given ample oppurtunity to show himself a winner and in my opinion has failed miserable. there s more to basketball than being a nice guy, and if he s so good, why have they lost so much. a good player in his position would have done more.
    Man this was not why this thread was started. Let's. Please keep it cool and stop with the. Backlash.

Raptors Republic Rookie Checkines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Who knows how they truly feel JL3 can contribute to this team whether it is a 2nd string or 3rd, but I'd push hard for the 3rd party in the Lakers Magic possible trade and try to nab Bynum. I'd have to think a trade for Calderon, Ed Davis, and picks would be more attractive than Varejo and let's be honest a pick that won't be in the lotto if the Cavs acquired Bynum

What's the worst that could happen for trying? Bynum gets injured? That's a huge salary off the books.

C- Bynum/Big Val/Gray
    PF- Bargnani/AJ/ Acy
    SF- Landry/ Kleiza/Anderson
    SG- Derozan/Ross
    PG- Lowry/JL3/ Uzoh

That's a strong team that easily puts us in the thick of things...I know I know, keep dreaming, but a man can dream damn it

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would rather Bayless as a backup (loves Toronto, flashes of improvement, spark off the bench) than JL3. All the problems with John Lucas are problems with Bayless, but Bayless is simply better at the things he is good at. That is why I do not buy BC making this guy our back up pg. Why would he release 1 capable backup PG in Bayless, then trade another PG with starter ability in Jose, to downgrade to this guy?

I think he is a 3rd stringer or nothing.

Really curious to see how his contract looks.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JYFelony wrote: View Post
    I like this signing, the guy is fearless. He went at Lebron without blinking. Even if we're not incredibly talented, we're gonna fight night in and night out.
    PLUS correct me if I am wrong but wasn't. Miami looking to sign him also this off season? I could be wrong.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information