Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATE: Raptors Sign John Lucas III (#258)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keffyboy wrote: View Post
    sad, lonely, and desperate.
    So you joined Feb. 2011 and only 30 post?

What does. That say about you?

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
      So you joined Feb. 2011 and only 30 post?

What does. That say about you?
      ummmm, that i m busy and don t have a lot of time to explain basketball to you guys.
      that this forum impacts my life in no way at all...
      it would be nice to talk basketball with grown ups someday.

Comment

Jose is just a loser and that s the end of it.

Comment

it would be nice to talk basketball with grown ups someday.
          you are being childish and insulting. that isn't how grownups talk.

Jose is just a loser and that s the end of it.
          you don't get to say those things. you are very unqualified to say who is a loser and who isn't a loser.

you are qualified to say "jose is way more successful then i will ever be and i am not good at explaining myself beyond one sentence insults without any information to back up what i say."

i think you should stop trolling and participate in the forum. you haven't been busy on the forum because you're busy so if you can't contribute other than trolling please go be busy.

Comment

This topic has been completely derailed, why are you feeding the troll?

We definitely need a 3rd string PG. Calderon is quite injury prone and Lowry just came off an injured season. We don't want a situation like last year where we're pushing one PG to play extended minutes or force a SG to play at the PG.

The question is, is Lucas a better option than Uzoh? Value wise.

Comment

AlienOverlord wrote: View Post

We definitely need a 3rd string PG. Calderon is quite injury prone and Lowry just came off an injured season. We don't want a situation like last year where we're pushing one PG to play extended minutes or force a SG to play at the PG.

Well said. Ignoring is the best medicine.

...Also, I think Lucas is a better option than Uzoh, he's got good experience playing for a very good offensive and defensive team, and filled in well, when Rose was hurt. Seems to know his role. I think it's definitely worth a shot.

My only concern is with him as a primary back up. If he's signed, we'll find out.
              Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

If everybody just ignores keffyboy, he'll go away eventually...

Comment

AlienOverlord wrote: View Post

I think right now he has much higher value than uzoh. The question is if Jose's gone can he be a backup longterm?

Comment

Trolling

Wow, you guys must be new to the NBA, cause your knowledge and opinions are just plain childish. It's like a bunch of 7 year olds arguing about how great a dunker Jose Calderon is.
                    He is awful, always has been and always will be.
                    No troll here, just a basketball purist and I get depressed listening to uneducated "fans" with no basketball brains talk about how good Toronto's worst players are.
                    Just watch how well Toronto does when the finally get rid of Jose.
                    Kind of suprising that Toronto's worst stretch of basketball started after the Spanish Disaster touched down in T dot.
                    Look kid. I like your spirit. But you are horrible at trolling. You can't be so obvious or you won't actually piss anyone off. Comparing Calderon to Childs? Bayless twice the player Calderon ever was? If you were good at your job you'd saying something more plausible like....Lowry is just TJ Ford with better defense. That one hurts cause that could very well end up being the case although it seems unlikely based on Lowry's continued progression over the past few years.

Good luck on your next one!

Comment

• well, i m not trolling,
                      jthis team will definitely be better this year IF they get rid of Jose,
                      and i ve definitely upset a couple of douches, but that s ok, they re pretty immature anyways.

Comment

• keffyboy wrote: View Post
                        well, i m not trolling,
                        jthis team will definitely be better this year IF they get rid of Jose,
                        and i ve definitely upset a couple of douches, but that s ok, they re pretty immature anyways.
                        Please feel free to state your opinion, but there's no need to insult your fellow posters, just because they disagree with you.

You don't like Calderon and feel the Raptors will be better off without him. Fair enough. Lets just leave it at that.

Comment

• Im wondering if a duo of Lucas and Uzoh would be enough behind Lowry? If yes, right now, sadly, if Calderon really wants to be traded, trade him for picks and bring those 2 aboard.

Comment

• okay lets make one thing clear; Jose is an excellent professional and a servicable player who has earned his paycheck in this league by understanding what his strengths are and untilizing them, nonetheless he is very flawed and isn't the right guy for the Toronto starting PG job any longer. Tough, that's life, the world goes on. He's not a crappy player, but he was able to rack up around 9 apg on very crappy offensinve teams for years; its about time he goes and plays for a perennial contender so he can contribute usefully to wins. Kyle Lowry is undoubtably the better basketball player, with less weaknesses, a great contract, more youth, and a FAR higher ceiling. He's the right man for the job right now. He's got the job, Jose lost the job; this is only the most common thing in sports, players come and go. Oh well. Calderon's had some good years, he's being well compensated, Toronto's fans will always love and support him and he'll know it every time he's in the ACC no matter what jersey he's sporting. But we've acquired a potential all-star here, a guy that averages 16 and 8 as a starter on a team that wasn't great offensively last yr. Jose is simply not capable of doing that, and it's best for our team that we move on. Its simple. Bye Jose, Welcome Kyle; You're our PG of the Future Farewell Jose, more power to ya

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                              Please feel free to state your opinion, but there's no need to insult your fellow posters, just because they disagree with you.

You don't like Calderon and feel the Raptors will be better off without him. Fair enough. Lets just leave it at that.
                              you guys are brutal. that backsplash guy was calling me a moron and so on but i can t call him a douch. nice forum.

Comment

• keffyboy wrote: View Post
                                you guys are brutal. that backsplash guy was calling me a moron and so on but i can t call him a douch. nice forum.
                                My comment was a reminder to all; yours was just the last comment in the string of back-and-forths. Agree, disagree, argue, +1, whatever... just keep it respectful and lose the personal insults.

Comment

Working...
                                X