Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises Thread

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Not returns. Returns got two stars and b&r three. So, b&r clearly the better film. I will say Tim Burton was the best director for it and still is on paper. But, Nolan clearly has surpassed him at his own game.
    Who would have thought after "Memento" the greatest independent ever. That this guy would become king of big budget films. I'd still like another pearce-nolan collaboration, though and am shocked therehasn't been one. I read in an interview he was set up to play R'as al Ghul because they were going to make him the same age as bruce. But, then obviously they went a different direction and Liam Neeson got it.
    Wonder how long it will be before Nolan's next film?
    i loved devito as the penguin trying to bang catwoman

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers out to those families and friends of the victims in Aurora, Colorado! Man, that was a scary read on my Twitter, can't believe the world today. People in those communities are going to have second thoughts on walking into a movie theater with loved ones and friends.. ***.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    i loved devito as the penguin trying to bang catwoman
    I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the characters or the film. But, b&r was better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Prayers out to those families and friends of the victims in Aurora, Colorado! Man, that was a scary read on my Twitter, can't believe the world today. People in those communities are going to have second thoughts on walking into a movie theater with loved ones and friends.. ***.
    I've never trusted those mall theatres. I have got to be honest though. It would freak me out, I mean it does.
    But, it makes no difference whether you are at your home at a theatre or at the grocery store. It's called a random act of violence for a reason. Don't matter the place, time, nor date.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    Sorry, I didn't see the humour in 12 innocent people being killed. Stupid me!
    You know what they say. If it's not bad, it's not funny. People have made fun of the holocaust, the atomicbomb, columbine, 9/11, tsunamis, earthquakes, etc. Eventually there's humour in everything. You know why? Because laughter is the best medicine.

ftr, I don't find anything funny about 12 people being killed. I was not making fun of them. I feel terrible for all of what happened there. But, everyone reacts to things differently. You sadness for the people, me humour towards the killer. Is either of us wrong? It all depends on your point of view.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess warner bros. had to do something. But, do you think they may have overreacted? I mean it's really out of their hands. I think it's sort of punishing the public to do anything more than apologize and send out a statement. Don't get me wrong, I mean what happened is messed. I guess it has to do with maintaining a reputation for everyone involved with the film.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the characters or the film. But, b&r was better.
    Batman & Robin is one the WORST movies ever created. Flat out. Bottom 5 EASY.

I reeeally hope you meant Batman Forever.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Watched it last night, I really liked it. I liked it better than the avengers, but I did not like it more than the Dark Knight. Hathaway as Catwoman worked. I thought they did Bane well (though his voice annoyed the crap out of me), and Bale was good as usual.

Just a little heads up to those who have not seen it, but there will be scenes where Batman talks (in his Batman voice) to Bane (who talks in his Bane voice) and you wont understand a goddamn thing.

What did you guys think about the ending?

Post Thanks / Like

What a great movie. Just got back from it.

Very satisfied with the entire thing.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Batman & Robin is one the WORST movies ever created. Flat out. Bottom 5 EASY.

I reeeally hope you meant Batman Forever.
    I did. I wasn't thinking and got mixed up. Plus, Robin is in both. So, it's confusing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Red and White wrote: View Post
    What did you guys think about the ending?
    Too hard to discuss without giving anything away unfortunately. I was happy with it though.

I did. I wasn't thinking and got mixed up. Plus, Robin is in both. So, it's confusing.
    Fair enough. Figured, just wanted to make sure.
    Because in Batman & Robin, their suits had nipples.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Too hard to discuss without giving anything away unfortunately. I was happy with it though.

Hardy is being compared to Brando quite a bit and I've read a few times that his bane voice is brando-ish. Is there any truth to this? Granted this was well before the movie premiered . It was when they did that 7 minute preview before the screening of MI4.

As for B&R , they paid Arnie 25 mill. to play freeze. God love him. But, There was absolutely no reason to do that. I mean it's probably tied with when De Niro played the Monster in the equally stupid film "Mary Shelley's Frankenstein" as the biggest waste of money spent on a supporting character that didn't need to be played by a big name.

Post Thanks / Like

Hardy is being compared to Brando quite a bit and I've read a few times that his bane voice is brando-ish. Is there any truth to this? Granted this was well before the movie premiered . It was when they did that 7 minute preview before the screening of MI4.
    Hardy is the best part of the movie. Without Question.
    His voice was very well done as well, with a little Sean Connery/Brando definitely sprinkled in.

He did Bane justice, just as handily as Ledger did Joker, in my opinion.
    Hathaway as Cat-Woman was a pleasant surprise. Really like how they downplayed the whole 'Cat' theme for her.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

I imagine anyone could do it justice. After how terribly he or should I say "it" was portrayed in b&r. Seriously, it was a "pet" in that movie, it was poison ivy's fucking pet!

Honestly, though it seems the character was taken with extreme care and seriousness in this film by both Hardy and Nolan.

Although, I think the movie itself and the tragedy should be discyssed seperately. I'm not going to make that decision in regards to a seperate thread.

But, man some of the stories coming out of this are ridiculous. I mean you've got a mom in critical condition, who won't stop asking about her 6 year old daughter, who's dead, but nobody can risk telling her.
    You've got a girl who luckily escaped the toronto shootings two weeks ago and ends up being shot and killed at the theatre.
    Finally, A guy who to protect his wife and her older brother from being shot dove in front of them and was killed instantly. Not to mention the fact it was his 27th birthday and the next day was their first year wedding anniversary.

I mean what a fucking asshole! The guy that did this... Just what a fucking asshole!

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

and the Batman helmet was so big, it wobbled when he ran... like he was drunk..

i remember it clearly... it was the last movie i ever saw at a drive-in theatre... and as soon as i saw a silhouette of him running, i thought "jesus christ, what's with Batman's big ass mongoloid head?!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    and the Batman helmet was so big, it wobbled when he ran... like he was drunk..

i remember it clearly... it was the last movie i ever saw at a drive-in theatre... and as soon as i saw a silhouette of him running, i thought "jesus christ, what's with Batman's big ass mongoloid head?!"
    As well, what the hell was that little fight between clooney and o'donell. Where clooney's doing his fucking pose that he does with the hands in his pocket/chest stick out, i'm a sexy beast look. They start having a fight about who posion ivy likes better and robin's like "you're just jealous she likes me better" and then stomps off and bruce just looks at him "like ya you walk away."

I was like when did batman become some rom-com?

as proved by this video. the entire problem is they tried to make bruce wayne, george clooney and not george clooney, bruce wayne.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

hopefully they continue the series after this movie. I want to see that batman beyond costume it looks boss

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A batman beyond movie would be beyond epic.

Post Thanks / Like

They need to work a robin/night owl angle and other characters or else it'd just be a copy cat-ish version of nolan's trilogy.

Knowing hollywood they are going to take the easy way and just continue the nolan path and probably fail like they did with b&r.

Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Great movie just seen it, I have to say my fav part was when Catwoman disappears on him and he's like "Now I know how that feels" or something on lines like that, that made my night LOL. And the ending was epic, I hope they do it justice and make a Nightwing movie, but no more Christopher Nolan that sucks. If Zach Snyder does "Man of Steel" correctly, I'd give him the job to make the next Batman trilogy.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information