Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 92

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises Thread

  1. #41
    Raptors Republic All-Star slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,095
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Saw it Saturday. Highly entertaining. It's a little too long, which led to some pacing issues. Not sure Anne Hathaway as Catwoman (especially this version of Catwoman) worked but she looked good in the outfit. Didn't really like the way they dealt with Bane at the end of the movie and I'm not sure I liked the way they dealt with Bruce Wayne at the end.

    Still, I liked it better than the second one and it did wrap up an epic trilogy properly (i.e. no loose ends, resolution for main characters, shift to a new paradigm). Too bad these guys didn't write the Mass Effect 3 endings....

  2. #42
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,323
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Just finished watching it.

    Can't say I liked it better than TDK. But, it was the better film. It combined the elements of origin and drama that made BB succesful and the action/adventure elements that made TDK successful.

    Bane sounds like if Brando and Connery were to co-host an electro karaoke party.

    MAJORSPOILER ALERT!!! Do Not Read the rest of this post if not seen movie!!!!!



    I'm not sure Batman needed to die. I understand the reasoning behind it and such.

    I'm sure in the following movies after. Somehow he isn't dead and he'll end up becoming like a mentor type to robin or something.

    Maybe, at the end Alfred really did see him and it wasn't a pigment.

    If he is dead. I could see Robin and Cat woman having to battle two-face because they'll have to make it. So, that he's not dead.

    One thing is for sure, Nolan sure didn't leave much for a continuance. Two-Face dead, Batman Dead, Bane dead, Ras al Ghul dead, Talia al Ghul dead. Nobody is going to want to fuck with the Joker for quite a while either.

    I mean without bringing someone back from the dead. Who do you have left that can support main villain status?
    The Riddler!?

  3. #43
    Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,410
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Just finished watching it.

    Can't say I liked it better than TDK. But, it was the better film. It combined the elements of origin and drama that made BB succesful and the action/adventure elements that made TDK successful.

    Bane sounds like if Brando and Connery were to co-host an electro karaoke party.

    MAJORSPOILER ALERT!!! Do Not Read the rest of this post if not seen movie!!!!!



    I'm not sure Batman needed to die. I understand the reasoning behind it and such.

    I'm sure in the following movies after. Somehow he isn't dead and he'll end up becoming like a mentor type to robin or something.

    Maybe, at the end Alfred really did see him and it wasn't a pigment.

    If he is dead. I could see Robin and Cat woman having to battle two-face because they'll have to make it. So, that he's not dead.

    One thing is for sure, Nolan sure didn't leave much for a continuance. Two-Face dead, Batman Dead, Bane dead, Ras al Ghul dead, Talia al Ghul dead. Nobody is going to want to fuck with the Joker for quite a while either.


    I mean without bringing someone back from the dead. Who do you have left that can support main villain status?
    The Riddler!?

    ****SPOILER ALERT****


    Pretty certain Batman did not die. They strongly hint to that with the scene where Fox finds out Bruce Wayne fixed the autopilot in the bat-whatever. That, along with Alfred seeing them in the café, and the ton of talk about the "clean slate" leads me to believe that Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle use the clean slate on themselves, and live off the grid for a bit or something close to that. But that is just how I saw it.

  4. #44
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Red and White wrote: View Post
    ****SPOILER ALERT****


    Pretty certain Batman did not die. They strongly hint to that with the scene where Fox finds out Bruce Wayne fixed the autopilot in the bat-whatever. That, along with Alfred seeing them in the café, and the ton of talk about the "clean slate" leads me to believe that Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle use the clean slate on themselves, and live off the grid for a bit or something close to that. But that is just how I saw it.
    That is exactly what happened.
    In Masai we Trust.

  5. #45
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,323
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Red and White wrote: View Post
    ****SPOILER ALERT****


    Pretty certain Batman did not die. They strongly hint to that with the scene where Fox finds out Bruce Wayne fixed the autopilot in the bat-whatever. That, along with Alfred seeing them in the café, and the ton of talk about the "clean slate" leads me to believe that Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle use the clean slate on themselves, and live off the grid for a bit or something close to that. But that is just how I saw it.
    ---SPOILER---
    It usually takes me like the day after to pick up on the details. Where I just randomly yell it out in mid-day.

    That does make sense-ish.

    Technically, though Batman did die. Bruce Wayne is alive.

    Shit. Starting to put it together now. All that shit in Alfred's dpeech to Bruce at the beggining. Ya, that makes sense.

    Funny enough. I did clue into John Blake becoming Robin. But, not him actually being Robin all along. I also clued into Bane not being Ras' son because I knew he only had a daughter and before they revealed Bane being the protector. I had this feeling of a resemblance between "the protector" and "Bane". I figured maybe they were going a different direction. So, when Maria turned out to be Talia, it still surprised me.

    They did a good job of constantly kind of throwing you off your hunches. Except the John Blake-Robin one was obcious.

  6. #46
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    watched the Dark Knight XXX last night... at first, i was like "oh, they must just be reposting this but it was made for the earlier dark knight flicks... its WAY too quick to pump out a new one"

    NOPE... Bane was in it.

    Them buggers are quick.

  7. #47
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,323
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    fuck yeah. they'll have the 8th installment pumped out by next friday.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  8. #48
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    porn parodies are always awful as pornos.... but the plot bits between scenes are always hilarious in the "my buddy tried to make a movie in his basement with a camcorder... lets watch it!" kinda way

  9. #49
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    ---SPOILER---
    It usually takes me like the day after to pick up on the details. Where I just randomly yell it out in mid-day.

    That does make sense-ish.

    Technically, though Batman did die. Bruce Wayne is alive.

    Shit. Starting to put it together now. All that shit in Alfred's dpeech to Bruce at the beggining. Ya, that makes sense.

    Funny enough. I did clue into John Blake becoming Robin. But, not him actually being Robin all along. I also clued into Bane not being Ras' son because I knew he only had a daughter and before they revealed Bane being the protector. I had this feeling of a resemblance between "the protector" and "Bane". I figured maybe they were going a different direction. So, when Maria turned out to be Talia, it still surprised me.

    They did a good job of constantly kind of throwing you off your hunches. Except the John Blake-Robin one was obcious.
    I was kinda ahead of the story the entire time. I figured out John Blake was gonna be robin pretty quick and its pretty obvious he's going to train him to become Robin. I think they might bring back two face and they still have poison ivy and the riddler. Here all give you guys a list of possible villians:


    The Joker(A comeback)
    Two Face(A comeback)
    The Penguin
    The Riddler
    Hush
    Killer Croc
    Poison Ivy
    Scarecrow
    Professor Hugo Strange
    Black Mask
    Mr. Freeze


    There is more but i think these are the main

  10. #50
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    They already did the Scarecrow

    And i can't see them going back to the Joker without Ledger.. Ledger completely owned that role, and anybody has to know trying to fill them shoes would be a massive letdown

    i could see them doing Harley Quinn though... as a psychotic copy cat killer or something

  11. #51
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    But to bring in Harley Quinn they need the joker.

  12. #52
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It's all about the League of Assassins.

    'Sensei' of the Assassins is Ra's al Ghuls father. So there's still that.
    Annd Ra's comes back from the Dead in the Comics.


    Infinite places to go with that. Less cheesy route to take than all those other Villains as well. They've all got some schitck/gimmick to their act. The Assassins are just BADASS killing machines.
    In Masai we Trust.

  13. #53
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i guess they could do that. I just wanna see batman train robin

  14. #54
    Super Moderator .40 Cal Flakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    T Dot
    Posts
    1,305
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    ***WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS!***


    Saw TDKR over the weekend. What a great flick. I was not disappointed at all, though I do think TDK was better.

    Favourite part has got to be the first fight scene between Batman and Bane. That was fucking epic! It literately had me on the edge of my seat. I guess some didn't like Bane's voice, idk but I liked it. It wasn't over the top or annoying like Batman's. Actually I think it was pretty cool and Bane was played perfect-WHAT A BADASS. I do think he did go out a little too easily at the end. I was hoping for a greater, tougher final battle between the two. Oh well.

    The whole Ras Al Ghul's daughter angle I did not see coming at all. Was completely surprised by that. But I totally saw the whole cop becoming/being Robin angle from the first time I saw the trailer waay back when.

    As for Batman being dead, no way. I think it was pretty clear he lives at the end with Catwoman. Catwoman...I was pleasantly surprised by Anne Hathaway's performance. I didn't think she could pull it off, but you know what she did. She totally did. She def had some sexiness to her which I wasn't expecting from the "Princess Diary".

    If I could think of any critiques it would be that I felt there were some plot holes relating to the take over of the entire city of Gotham. Other than that it was awesomeness to the 10th degree.

    Oh and IMAX was fucking spectacular.

  15. #55
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    when you play both the batman games(Arkham asylum and Arkham City) you end up knowing a lot about the batman story. I was sorta confused when Bruce thought Bane was Ras al ghul's son because he only has a daughter. But then when i saw the Miranda chick with bane near the end i realized a couple of minutes before that she was talia al ghul. Pretty sick movie

  16. #56
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,739
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Loved it. TDK was a better movie, obviously, but i honestly think its one of the best things ive ever seen. Call me a fanboy if you wish. TDKR was a fantastic end to it all, though. They could have probably made 2 movies for it all and it would have made a few things make more sense (Talia specifically) but im not going to complain about it at all. They raised the stakes for the movie and pulled it off. I'm one of the few that really enjoyed Bane (had zero issue with his voice, like really, thats an issue? get over yourself) but like i said, im a huge batman fanboy and feel he's probably the most underrated batman villain. they definitely pulled him off, imho.

    There WON'T be any more batman movies that aren't a reboot or whatever. Nolan said this is it and i believe him. I'll be pretty disappointed if they bring in someone to try and tack a couple more movies onto the trilogy.

    That said, i wouldn't mind a reboot that captured the mysticism of Batman. Nolan did a superb job of making him realistic but i think when you get to the heart of the character there should be more mystery. Again, i love Nolan's trilogy. Just a thought.
    @jerboat

  17. #57
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,739
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote .40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
    Actually I think it was pretty cool and Bane was played perfect-WHAT A BADASS. I do think he did go out a little too easily at the end. I was hoping for a greater, tougher final battle between the two. Oh well.
    This is literally my only issue with the movie. Pretty minor one at that, too.
    @jerboat

  18. #58
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think they might continue it. Otherwise why the hell would they show John Blake finding the batcave and Bruce wayne still alive?

  19. #59
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,739
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Because Nolan leaves all his movies open ended
    @jerboat

  20. #60
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Because Nolan leaves all his movies open ended
    eh who knows. Whats the point in rebooting a superhero movie a gazillion times? it gets really old and boring. The only way they can continue making this movie interesting and unique is if they continue it. If they stop it here, after a couple of years a new director will come along and reboot the movie again and the endless cycle of batman reboots will start.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •