Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
    ***WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS!***

Saw TDKR over the weekend. What a great flick. I was not disappointed at all, though I do think TDK was better.

Favourite part has got to be the first fight scene between Batman and Bane. That was fucking epic! It literately had me on the edge of my seat. I guess some didn't like Bane's voice, idk but I liked it. It wasn't over the top or annoying like Batman's. Actually I think it was pretty cool and Bane was played perfect-WHAT A BADASS. I do think he did go out a little too easily at the end. I was hoping for a greater, tougher final battle between the two. Oh well.

The whole Ras Al Ghul's daughter angle I did not see coming at all. Was completely surprised by that. But I totally saw the whole cop becoming/being Robin angle from the first time I saw the trailer waay back when.

As for Batman being dead, no way. I think it was pretty clear he lives at the end with Catwoman. Catwoman...I was pleasantly surprised by Anne Hathaway's performance. I didn't think she could pull it off, but you know what she did. She totally did. She def had some sexiness to her which I wasn't expecting from the "Princess Diary".

If I could think of any critiques it would be that I felt there were some plot holes relating to the take over of the entire city of Gotham. Other than that it was awesomeness to the 10th degree.

Oh and IMAX was fucking spectacular.
    I think you can let go of the princess diaries, bro.

Its from like 2003. She was hot in that devil wears prada movie and apparently in the love and other drugs movie as well.

I guess the last part of the movie with all the "dead or not?" stuff. It kind of lets you make your own ending and think what you want.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

i'm pretty sure, you know alfred seeing him at the table, was enough evidence that he was still alive.

not to mention the black box thingy from the bat.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
        i'm pretty sure, you know alfred seeing him at the table, was enough evidence that he was still alive.
        Or maybe Alfred was Dreaming it, like he said he "often does"?

I don't think they'll do another, but one has to keep in mind that they also said they might not do a third one as well.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

I don't think they'll do another, but one has to keep in mind that they also said they might not do a third one as well.
          They just said it to keep things a surprise

Comment

they could pull out another trilogy if they wanted to. They just have to keep it interesting and Christian Bale can't bail(no pun intended) on them. Unlike other superhero's Batman has got a shit load of villians he fights and a lot of apprentices he trains. They could stretch it out pretty long

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

Exactly. Alfred obviously would be messed up after Bruce's funeral and such is why he left. He could have imagined it.

Also to my point, is it just me or did not alot happen between bruce and selina, including the cat woman and batman scenes for them to all of the sudden "leave" together and settle down at the end?

Then again maybe it is just part of Bruce being a billionaire playboy and that's how he "woos" women by taking them around the world.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                they could pull out another trilogy if they wanted to. They just have to keep it interesting and Christian Bale can't bail(no pun intended) on them. Unlike other superhero's Batman has got a shit load of villians he fights and a lot of apprentices he trains. They could stretch it out pretty long
                I think "bail" is the wrong term. I mean he's done three,that is the most by anyone. i think he has earned the right to bow out. Plus, you need to take into account just what he's done to portray this role for the past 7-8 years. I mean he's had to train his ass off and put on like 40lbs of muscle...three times!

He's now in his 40's and it gets more dangerous health wise once you hit that age. I don't know how many "stunt" scenes as batman he does. But, it's still some serious wear and tear on the body.

Plus, He said he is "done", when Nolan is and I'mpretty sure Nolan is done.

i.reelz.com/movie-news/14331/the-dark-knight-rises-director-christopher-nolans-farewell-letter-to-batman/

Quite frankly, it's more hazardous to his career than not if he continues especially if the next film bombs.

You can still say "well, they said they wouldn't make a third one." But, there was no "farewell" letter after the second one and you also have to take into consideration that everyone who's involved with the franchise will take into consideration the tragedy partially caused by these films.

Comment

i think unless bale is batman for the justice league movie then he has to step aside. they will have to either shit out a quick batman movie to introduce new batman or have the justice league movie be as if all the heroes are established and brought together for some reason.

kind of like what marvel did with hulk, he won't get another introduction and the next batman could then also continue adventures as his new identity

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                    I think "bail" is the wrong term. I mean he's done three,that is the most by anyone. i think he has earned the right to bow out. Plus, you need to take into account just what he's done to portray this role for the past 7-8 years. I mean he's had to train his ass off and put on like 40lbs of muscle...three times!

He's now in his 40's and it gets more dangerous health wise once you hit that age. I don't know how many "stunt" scenes as batman he does. But, it's still some serious wear and tear on the body.

Plus, He said he is "done", when Nolan is and I'mpretty sure Nolan is done.

i.reelz.com/movie-news/14331/the-dark-knight-rises-director-christopher-nolans-farewell-letter-to-batman/

Quite frankly, it's more hazardous to his career than not if he continues especially if the next film bombs.

You can still say "well, they said they wouldn't make a third one." But, there was no "farewell" letter after the second one and you also have to take into consideration that everyone who's involved with the franchise will take into consideration the tragedy partially caused by these films.
                    I guess most of what you say is true. If anything they'll stop the moves cause Bale is becoming an old man

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      i think unless bale is batman for the justice league movie then he has to step aside. they will have to either shit out a quick batman movie to introduce new batman or have the justice league movie be as if all the heroes are established and brought together for some reason.

kind of like what marvel did with hulk, he won't get another introduction and the next batman could then also continue adventures as his new identity
                      Ya their in a bit of trouble right now. Bale is getting old and i doubt the Justice League movie will come out for another 2 or 3 years. But like you said they could just throw in a new actor and cast him as batman.

Comment

Ya their in a bit of trouble right now. Bale is getting old and i doubt the Justice League movie will come out for another 2 or 3 years. But like you said they could just throw in a new actor and cast him as batman.
                        I don't even remember Batman being in the Justice League. Even if he is, they could just leave him out or save him for a sequel.

Spider-Man wasn't in "The Avengers" because they didn't want to throw Maguire in there because of the mess of "Spiderman 4", which became "the amazing spiderman" and how it would end up basically kiboshing that film.

The only reason they threw Bannerin the Avengers is the studio had fucked things up with Ed Norton and he suggested Ruffalo. They also had no character to replace him in the film

Comment

Isn't Batman like the head of the justice league? i remember watching the cartoon

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                            I don't even remember Batman being in the Justice League. Even if he is, they could just leave him out or save him for a sequel.

Spider-Man wasn't in "The Avengers" because they didn't want to throw Maguire in there because of the mess of "Spiderman 4", which became "the amazing spiderman" and how it would end up basically kiboshing that film.

The only reason they threw Bannerin the Avengers is the studio had fucked things up with Ed Norton and he suggested Ruffalo. They also had no character to replace him in the film
                            Isn't Batman like the head of the justice league? i remember watching the cartoon
                            batman is an original founding member of the justice league and he bank rolled the watch tower. spider man isn't an avenger. he has been recruited several times as a replacement along with wolverine. many of the original avenger comics had them fighting the hulk as he hulked out. and just as many others had him with them on the team.

looking back the avengers would have been a massively different movie with no hulk. thought ruffalo was good but liked norton in the role more and thought the hulk cgi for him was better.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                              batman is an original founding member of the justice league and he bank rolled the watch tower. spider man isn't an avenger. he has been recruited several times as a replacement along with wolverine. many of the original avenger comics had them fighting the hulk as he hulked out. and just as many others had him with them on the team.

looking back the avengers would have been a massively different movie with no hulk. thought ruffalo was good but liked norton in the role more and thought the hulk cgi for him was better.
                              ya, i liked norton better as well. probably because heès a better actor than ruffalo. but, rufalo kind of got the whole nerdy scientist thing down.

im sure bale wont have a problem being in the justice league movie. its much less screen time than an entire batman movie and hes not that old. I was just merely commenting that it does become more hazardous as you hit your 40s. But, hes in good shape so i imagine he could do high-action or superhero films into his late 40s

Comment

[QUOTE=LBF;149586...I was just merely commenting that it does become more hazardous as you hit your 40s. But, hes in good shape so i imagine he could do high-action or superhero films into his late 40s[/QUOTE]

Bruce Willis has been doing okay and he's 57.

Comment

Working...
                                X