Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jonas vs USA & doubters!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Jonas vs USA & doubters!

August 4th 9:30 am we get to see Jonas play against the big, bad wolf. Team USA. You know it will be on tv for
    Sure. Hope he holds his own and not get shown up too much.
    http://espn.go.com/olympics/summer/2012/schedule full schedule

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

With Chandler being the only true centre on USA's roster, this might actually be a decent matchup at the 5.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to see Davis get matched up with this years #1 pick....and then crush his brow.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    I want to see Davis get matched up with this years #1 pick....and then crush his brow.
    That would be nice, however, since people are saying Jonas would have been selected second don't think the U.S. Coach will do that just in case Jonas does show him up.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Jonas is not going to be a factor in this game through no fault of his own imo. He won't get many touches on offense because the Lithuanian guards will have great difficulty with the USA's pressure defense leading to easy transition baskets at the other end. In this style of game there won't be much half court offense or defense where a big like JV can show what he can do.

In this case, I'm a doubter.
    Last edited by stretch; Thu Jul 19th, 2012 at 10:28 AM.

Raptors Republic All-Star themasao's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    That would be nice, however, since people are saying Jonas would have been selected second don't think the U.S. Coach will do that just in case Jonas does show him up.
    I doubt Coach K gives two shits about Davis' public perception. If matching big Val with the big Brow is part of his game plan, then that's what he's gonna do.

This isn't a pre-draft workout.

Raptors Republic Rookie StaytheCourse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    Jonas is not going to be a factor in this game through no fault of his own imo. He won't get many touches on offense because the Lithuanian guards will have great difficulty with the USA's pressure defense leading to easy transition baskets at the other end. In this style of game there won't be much half court offense or defense where a big like JV can show what he can do.

He's still not getting huge minutes at this level. He does well with the PT he gets however!
    Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

Post Thanks / Like

Quote themasao wrote: View Post
    I doubt Coach K gives two shits about Davis' public perception. If matching big Val with the big Brow is part of his game plan, then that's what he's gonna do.

Agreed. Doesn't seem to be any benefit for USA Basketball to "protect" Davis's perception.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think JV will do okay, but I don't expect him to stand out much or get a ton of playing time. But it'll be a good test for the young'in
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic Starter pesterm1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL wtf are you talking about ?

You think the coach wont play Davis on Valanciunas because Coach K is afraid Davis will be shown up. lol stupidest thing Ive heard. why would Davis even be on the usa team then.

Raptors Republic Rookie JStockton's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. That is one of the reasons why the elder Colangelo prefers a college coach as opposed to an NBA coach - because he does not have an investment on the player's NBA future.

Raptors Republic Starter omgsomuchpotential's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Shouldn't this be merged with Jonas' thread?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Are we looking at "Fool's Gold" in bigV? I hope not and hope he is the real deal as being marketing by the RAPTORS MGMT.

But this game against the Big Bad Wolf is not the right place to see his game.
    It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I know it's not pre-draft but that will surely fuel a major debate about him going first don't you think?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post

Strange things have happened. Look what happened to them against Argentina!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote pesterm1 wrote: View Post
    LOL wtf are you talking about ?

You think the coach wont play Davis on Valanciunas because Coach K is afraid Davis will be shown up. lol stupidest thing Ive heard. why would Davis even be on the usa team then.
    So if this is the stupidest thing you have ever heard, guess you only hang out with Doctors and geniuses. Just my opinion was stated. I am entitled to my opinion. And I wasn't saying that he will not play if Jonas is on the floor.

Post Thanks / Like

I know it's not pre-draft but that will surely fuel a major debate about him going first don't you think?
    Yes, but why do you think there's a reason to avoid the debate?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
    Shouldn't this be merged with Jonas' thread?
    And I believe you are right on that one. Sorry about that. Up to the host to move it.

Post Thanks / Like

the american team is pretty insanely good, i don't expect flying V to have much of a impact at all, to be honest. it'll be neat to see him playing against davis if it happens, though.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

BIGV dont be fools gold....Be real play smart...play within your game.
    It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information