Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jonas vs USA & doubters!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote pesterm1 wrote: View Post
    LOL wtf are you talking about ?

You think the coach wont play Davis on Valanciunas because Coach K is afraid Davis will be shown up. lol stupidest thing Ive heard. why would Davis even be on the usa team then.
    For a similar reason Christian Laettner made the 1992 US Olympic team?

Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Kobe
    Melo
    D-will
    James
    Westbrook

Dwight, Bosh and wade missing in action.

egomaniacs. every one of them. I know it is unlikely but I hope a smaller team can kick their asses and send them home.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Yes, but why do you think there's a reason to avoid the debate?
    True. No reason. ) So do you think JV is better skilled than Davis?

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hugmenot wrote: View Post
    For a similar reason Christian Laettner made the 1992 US Olympic team?
    Agreed. Davis is on there to gain experience and for team USA to form a bond with him so that in 4, 8 and maybe 12 years when he's kickin ass in the league he'll want to be part of Team USA and do for the young guys what LBJ, Kobe and the rest are doing for him.

It's why all these young guys get invited to the select team, they're hoping that if they ever become good that they'll remember how good Team USA was to them early on.

Davis will play but it'll be garbage minutes when USA is up 35 with 5 minutes to go.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    the american team is pretty insanely good, i don't expect flying V to have much of a impact at all, to be honest. it'll be neat to see him playing against davis if it happens, though.
    I know you're really pushing for this flying V nick name to catch on but....you know what I'm just going to join you. Flying V it is!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    Agreed. Davis is on there to gain experience and for team USA to form a bond with him so that in 4, 8 and maybe 12 years when he's kickin ass in the league he'll want to be part of Team USA and do for the young guys what LBJ, Kobe and the rest are doing for him.

It's why all these young guys get invited to the select team, they're hoping that if they ever become good that they'll remember how good Team USA was to them early on.

Davis will play but it'll be garbage minutes when USA is up 35 with 5 minutes to go.
    So it was a big honor for DD to be invited the correct? If so says a lot about his ability.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    I know you're really pushing for this flying V nick name to catch on but....you know what I'm just going to join you. Flying V it is!
    "Ducks fly together! Ducks fly together! Ducks fly..."

Post Thanks / Like

Jonas will get his first taste of going against NBA top tier talent.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see the game against the US as being a useful measurement at this point in his career, regardless of whether he gets a direct matchup against Davis. Matchups against guys with NBA experience but less skill are more interesting: Seraphim and Mozgov, for example.

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I expect little to nothing on offense (simply because of the talented defenders making it difficult for him to be in his game), but I want to see how he is going to play on a defense that is going to be shell shocked by the American team.

Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I bet if Jonas dunkfaces Chandler this forum will go apeshit.

Raptors Republic Rookie Demar_8756's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I know he's european and all dat but I have to say I'm a believer,JV game is very solid.

Raptors Republic Rookie japetas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The good thing for Raptors fans, that another team Lithuania center got injured and won't play in Olympics. So we gonna see a lot of Jonas on court playing against different opponents (if he won't get fouled out quickly)
    Last edited by japetas; Fri Jul 20th, 2012 at 02:32 AM.
    (Sorry for poor English )

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote japetas wrote: View Post
    The good think for Raptors fans, that another team Lithuania center got injured and won't play in Olympics. So we gonna see a lot of Jonas on court playing against different opponents (if he won't get fouled out)
    That is very good information. I didn't know that. So good to hear the he will get a lot of playing time. More than before anyway. Good luck to your team. I see you are in Lithuania.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

As someone stated above I really doubt JV is going to bring much in offence, however Im really excited to see him play on defence. being able to stay out of foul trouble would make me happy more than a few extra points.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't care too much about individual matchups. It'll be nice to see how he does against Chandler, and possibly Love and Davis. I think I just want to see if he's able to have any impact protecting the paint and the glass, but won't be upset if he doesn't seem to against the powerhouse. Really, I'd be happy with not being starstruck, and being able to stay on the floor for at least 15-20 minutes of decent basketball.

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

2 things working against JV beyond the pressure D and Valas foul issues:

1) Chandler looks like the perfect matchup (for the US) and Davis has length and hops. They're gonna make him work hard for anything.

2) The Lithuanian Offense is so heavily perimeter oriented that they don't really look for JV for much more than garbage buckets.

Not expecting much from that game. I'm looking forward to some of the other match ups more. Spain US will be a monster game. Spain has Jose, JCN, Ibaka, Rudy, 2 Gasols and are disciplined and well coached. They look like a bad match on paper for the US's front court. If Spain can slow down the attack they stand a legit chance at an upset. And by upset I mean they might keep it close for 3 quarters.

Raptors Republic Rookie 10 000 Hours's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote japetas wrote: View Post
    The good think for Raptors fans, that another team Lithuania center got injured and won't play in Olympics. So we gonna see a lot of Jonas on court playing against different opponents (if he won't get fouled out)
    Seems there will be more pressure on Jonas too! I can't wait to see him play, and not just the Americans. Spain will provide a great challenge to him too. His overall play is what I'm looking forward too most.
    Walking like I'm already there.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i want to see jonas against france, brazil, china and russia. spain and usa have real big strong all-star caliber bigs. i want to see how he does against a tough player like turiaf, a non-stop worker like verajao, a non post up player like zhizhi and a young up and comer like mozgov.

how well he does in these games will give a better picture of what we have year one compared to usa and spain. in my opinion of course.

Raptors Republic Rookie Nachoooooo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Leave Jonas alone!!

Thread Information