Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
    LOL wtf are you talking about ?

You think the coach wont play Davis on Valanciunas because Coach K is afraid Davis will be shown up. lol stupidest thing Ive heard. why would Davis even be on the usa team then.
    So if this is the stupidest thing you have ever heard, guess you only hang out with Doctors and geniuses. Just my opinion was stated. I am entitled to my opinion. And I wasn't saying that he will not play if Jonas is on the floor.

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
      I know it's not pre-draft but that will surely fuel a major debate about him going first don't you think?
      Yes, but why do you think there's a reason to avoid the debate?

Comment

omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
        Shouldn't this be merged with Jonas' thread?
        And I believe you are right on that one. Sorry about that. Up to the host to move it.

Comment

the american team is pretty insanely good, i don't expect flying V to have much of a impact at all, to be honest. it'll be neat to see him playing against davis if it happens, though.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

BIGV dont be fools gold....Be real play smart...play within your game.
            It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
              LOL wtf are you talking about ?

You think the coach wont play Davis on Valanciunas because Coach K is afraid Davis will be shown up. lol stupidest thing Ive heard. why would Davis even be on the usa team then.
              For a similar reason Christian Laettner made the 1992 US Olympic team?

Comment

Kobe
                Melo
                D-will
                James
                Westbrook

Dwight, Bosh and wade missing in action.

egomaniacs. every one of them. I know it is unlikely but I hope a smaller team can kick their asses and send them home.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  Yes, but why do you think there's a reason to avoid the debate?
                  True. No reason. ) So do you think JV is better skilled than Davis?

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
                    For a similar reason Christian Laettner made the 1992 US Olympic team?
                    Agreed. Davis is on there to gain experience and for team USA to form a bond with him so that in 4, 8 and maybe 12 years when he's kickin ass in the league he'll want to be part of Team USA and do for the young guys what LBJ, Kobe and the rest are doing for him.

It's why all these young guys get invited to the select team, they're hoping that if they ever become good that they'll remember how good Team USA was to them early on.

Davis will play but it'll be garbage minutes when USA is up 35 with 5 minutes to go.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                      the american team is pretty insanely good, i don't expect flying V to have much of a impact at all, to be honest. it'll be neat to see him playing against davis if it happens, though.
                      I know you're really pushing for this flying V nick name to catch on but....you know what I'm just going to join you. Flying V it is!

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                        Agreed. Davis is on there to gain experience and for team USA to form a bond with him so that in 4, 8 and maybe 12 years when he's kickin ass in the league he'll want to be part of Team USA and do for the young guys what LBJ, Kobe and the rest are doing for him.

It's why all these young guys get invited to the select team, they're hoping that if they ever become good that they'll remember how good Team USA was to them early on.

Davis will play but it'll be garbage minutes when USA is up 35 with 5 minutes to go.
                        So it was a big honor for DD to be invited the correct? If so says a lot about his ability.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                          I know you're really pushing for this flying V nick name to catch on but....you know what I'm just going to join you. Flying V it is!
                          "Ducks fly together! Ducks fly together! Ducks fly..."

Comment

Jonas will get his first taste of going against NBA top tier talent.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I don't see the game against the US as being a useful measurement at this point in his career, regardless of whether he gets a direct matchup against Davis. Matchups against guys with NBA experience but less skill are more interesting: Seraphim and Mozgov, for example.

Comment

I expect little to nothing on offense (simply because of the talented defenders making it difficult for him to be in his game), but I want to see how he is going to play on a defense that is going to be shell shocked by the American team.

Comment

Working...
                                X