High-Risk/ High Reward + Niagara Kid >>> guard Jonny Flynn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    i know casey doesn't want anymore rookies but +1. not sure if players on other summer league teams can be offered contracts by other teams but if we can i would grab this kid. i also think flynn would be a better back up then lucas if he were to be 2nd stringer

all this based on jose being moved.
    +1 Yes other teams can offer a contract to a player from another summer league team.

Comment

Where's the link?????
      The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
      Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
      www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
      http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
      http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

JStockton wrote: View Post
        +1 Yes other teams can offer a contract to a player from another summer league team.
        thank you

Comment

Stats

Stat wise...

Only have 29gm sample of Flynn..thus you can see a comparison of stats between lucas and him.
          Injury being the key issue with Flynn at present. He will find a home soon...Bulls / Cavaliers

Oh well.

It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

Risk Mgmt wrote: View Post
            We just need to try rejuvenate him to his Rookie Stat level...we failed with JJ...but this is how you find gems...but taking such risks.

Does he have the same potential as did James Johnson when we first got him back in 2011?
            No.

Jonny Flynn sucked the past two years and there is nothing to suggest he will not do so again. You can live with him as a below-average backup point guard for a season or two, but you should always keep a look out for an upgrade.

He's a low risk because he won't suck as much as mid season pickups like Donald Sloan for example, but also low reward in my opinion because I don't think he will ever amount to more than a below-average backup PG. If by a gem, you mean zirconia cubic, then he may well fit that definition.

I believe JJ failed himself much more than the Raptors failed with JJ. He was certainly given the opportunity to succeed but failed on the court and in the locker room. I think he's the type of player who will either become a useful rotation in the next two or three years, or out of the NBA; I think he does not have the type of personality you want as an end-of-bench player.
            Last edited by Hugmenot; Thu Jul 19, 2012, 01:09 PM.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
              Seems pointless after John Lucas 3
              This
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

High Risk

1) When Jose is gone
                Lucas is our #2 I assume...yet he is presently #3 our our roster and also on other around the NBA
                2) Meaning after Jose we are giving him the 2nd PG spot? He better have ability to last 8mins on the court

3) Flynn - is #20th in assist to turnover ratio ---- only 29gm sample

4) Off-topic: BIGV is he really worth all this hype...I hope so
                It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

Link?????
                  The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                  Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                  www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                  http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Link to what

What link do you want.

I never stated it to be a rumor or anything. I just put it out there to get feedback on the possibility.
                    He is a Niagara Kid...knows the region and I hope knows Toronto. I'm sure he wouldnt be a sucky baby and cry about playing here north of the Border etc.

Thats all

No link to my knowledge

Muhammad Ali

Comment

I think Jose is on this roster during the year (maybe he gets moved at the deadline) so I am going to answer this thread under that assumption that Jose is still on this team for the majority of the year.

There are 48 minutes to be played a night at the PG spot. We have 2 players who are capable of 30+ minutes a game for the whole season at the position. Our third string PG spot this year should be a player who can play larger minutes when an injury occurs(probably Jose), improve, and possibly become our back up PG next year incase Jose leaves or we trade him and do not get a PG back.

I think Jonny Flynn would be better for us than JL3, but, it looks like JL3 is our guy as the 3rd pg (we are not sure until we see his contract). Jl3 is better than Flynn right now, but I think with development, Flynn could be a solid backup. I do not believe that about John Lucas III. I think that BC is confident that if Jose is traded, a backup pg would obtained somehow, and that is why JLIII is (probably) going to be signed.

Totally unrelated, but the Muhammed Ali quote in your signature made me chuckle. That guy was the best.
                      Last edited by Red and White; Thu Jul 19, 2012, 03:13 PM.

Comment

JL3 and Johnny

Red and White wrote: View Post
                        I think Jose is on this roster during the year (maybe he gets moved at the deadline) so I am going to answer this thread under that assumption that Jose is still on this team for the majority of the year.

There are 48 minutes to be played a night at the PG spot. We have 2 players who are capable of 30+ minutes a game for the whole season at the position. Our third string PG spot this year should be a player who can play larger minutes when an injury occurs(probably Jose), improve, and possibly become our back up PG next year incase Jose leaves or we trade him and do not get a PG back.

I think Jonny Flynn would be better for us than JL3, but, it looks like JL3 is our guy as the 3rd pg (we are not sure until we see his contract). Jl3 is better than Flynn right now, but I think with development, Flynn could be a solid backup. I do not believe that about John Lucas III. I think that BC is confident that if Jose is traded, a backup pg would obtained somehow, and that is why JLIII is (probably) going to be signed.

Totally unrelated, but the Muhammed Ali quote in your signature made me chuckle. That guy was the best.
                        Your comments make sense...When I first saw the headline of JL3 being a RAP...I though BC might make him the BACKUP which really doesnt make sense. But you make a good point of keeping Jose until a win-win trade presents itself thus JL3 is actually a 3rd of the bench.

That don't make him like Muhammed Ali no more...He stood up to everything...including BIG BROTHER GROOVERNMENT. God bless him

Peace

Muhammad Ali

Comment

I'm not "IN" with Flynn. Next.
                          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Scott Machado!!!
                            I really wish we drafted him with our last pick. Damn BC's yearly euro quota :P

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                              I really wish we drafted him with our last pick. Damn BC's yearly euro quota :P
                              we have enough rookies. He just did one of them European stash jobs

Comment

Working...
                              X