Post Thanks / Like

Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    Seems pointless after John Lucas 3
    This

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default High Risk

1) When Jose is gone
    Lucas is our #2 I assume...yet he is presently #3 our our roster and also on other around the NBA
    2) Meaning after Jose we are giving him the 2nd PG spot? He better have ability to last 8mins on the court

3) Flynn - is #20th in assist to turnover ratio ---- only 29gm sample

4) Off-topic: BIGV is he really worth all this hype...I hope so
    It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Raptors Republic Starter GameBreaker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Link?????
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Link to what

What link do you want.

I never stated it to be a rumor or anything. I just put it out there to get feedback on the possibility.
    He is a Niagara Kid...knows the region and I hope knows Toronto. I'm sure he wouldnt be a sucky baby and cry about playing here north of the Border etc.

Thats all

No link to my knowledge
    It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Jose is on this roster during the year (maybe he gets moved at the deadline) so I am going to answer this thread under that assumption that Jose is still on this team for the majority of the year.

There are 48 minutes to be played a night at the PG spot. We have 2 players who are capable of 30+ minutes a game for the whole season at the position. Our third string PG spot this year should be a player who can play larger minutes when an injury occurs(probably Jose), improve, and possibly become our back up PG next year incase Jose leaves or we trade him and do not get a PG back.

I think Jonny Flynn would be better for us than JL3, but, it looks like JL3 is our guy as the 3rd pg (we are not sure until we see his contract). Jl3 is better than Flynn right now, but I think with development, Flynn could be a solid backup. I do not believe that about John Lucas III. I think that BC is confident that if Jose is traded, a backup pg would obtained somehow, and that is why JLIII is (probably) going to be signed.

Totally unrelated, but the Muhammed Ali quote in your signature made me chuckle. That guy was the best.
    Last edited by Red and White; Thu Jul 19th, 2012 at 03:13 PM.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default JL3 and Johnny

Quote Red and White wrote: View Post
    I think Jose is on this roster during the year (maybe he gets moved at the deadline) so I am going to answer this thread under that assumption that Jose is still on this team for the majority of the year.

There are 48 minutes to be played a night at the PG spot. We have 2 players who are capable of 30+ minutes a game for the whole season at the position. Our third string PG spot this year should be a player who can play larger minutes when an injury occurs(probably Jose), improve, and possibly become our back up PG next year incase Jose leaves or we trade him and do not get a PG back.

I think Jonny Flynn would be better for us than JL3, but, it looks like JL3 is our guy as the 3rd pg (we are not sure until we see his contract). Jl3 is better than Flynn right now, but I think with development, Flynn could be a solid backup. I do not believe that about John Lucas III. I think that BC is confident that if Jose is traded, a backup pg would obtained somehow, and that is why JLIII is (probably) going to be signed.

Totally unrelated, but the Muhammed Ali quote in your signature made me chuckle. That guy was the best.
    Your comments make sense...When I first saw the headline of JL3 being a RAP...I though BC might make him the BACKUP which really doesnt make sense. But you make a good point of keeping Jose until a win-win trade presents itself thus JL3 is actually a 3rd of the bench.

That don't make him like Muhammed Ali no more...He stood up to everything...including BIG BROTHER GROOVERNMENT. God bless him

Peace

Muhammad Ali

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not "IN" with Flynn. Next.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Scott Machado!!!
    I really wish we drafted him with our last pick. Damn BC's yearly euro quota :P

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    I really wish we drafted him with our last pick. Damn BC's yearly euro quota :P
    we have enough rookies. He just did one of them European stash jobs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information