Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letter N wrote: View Post
    Not T-Mac

In Ross' wildest dreams he won't be as good as McGrady.
    I'm going to stay optimistic

Comment

Derozan starts with Fields, Ross is J.R. Smith he will come off the bench until he proves he can dribble drive on ISO plays.

Comment

Demar can?
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

But DeMar hasn't proven he can do that consistently yet either. I think you are right that Fields and DD will start, but the question is how long can DD hold onto that spot? Ross has way more tools in the bag than DD, and DeMar unless he's completely changed his game around to be a defender can't defend SF's. He's the odd man out imo.

Comment

Beat me to it.

Comment

I personally think that Ross will be a better player than DeMar, but ultimately this is Casey's decision.

I think it comes down to whether or not DeMar is a better listener than Ross. I don't think it will come down to skill level. If DeMar does what Casey wants him to do, and doesn't cry about it, then he's going to get the minutes. The starting job is his until his ego gets in the way, or until he goes down with an injury. That's my guess.

Comment

I think its going to take a lot of good play from Ross and a lot of poor play from Derozan to have them switch in the pecking order

Comment

Who here thought that Kawahi Leonard would start (for the Spurs no less) coming out the gate?

Point: No one really knows at this stage until the season starts and he gets real NBA action. Leonard himself quite possibly surprised himself. I'll just say that Ross doesn't look like a dud. So I am hopeful.

Off topic: Austin Rivers seems to be having a hard time of it. The Hornets want him as their starting PG. Yikes.

Comment

Check it

My credibility here is on the line when I say:

I'm confident that Demar will have a breakout year this season better then all his past season stats should he remain healthy. So much so he might just make the All-Star or be in close voting.

Thats it folks....save it and shove it in my face next year...if I'm wrong

THE END
                    It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

Demar will start and complete the year as a starter no matter what Ross does but if Ross out shines him expect change the following season

Comment

*sigh* Demar starts, Ross 6th man.

Demar has the ability to take over a game. Not consistently, which is what the question is, can Demar be an impact scorer/player consistently. Demar can find open people, get on the boards, and play defense (defense isn't great, but with effort), it's all if he can be CONSISTENT.

I can't believe we are questioning the fact that Ross will also have the green light, and is a better shooter, in comparison to J.R Smith when drafted. Doesn't that point out ANY speculation to be a big time bench scorer? I'd rather see a great shooter with the green light come off the bench rather than a guy with no shooting range off the bench.

Jamal Crawford, Manu Ginobili, James Harden, JR Smith, Jason Terry. ALL these guys have RANGE. Think about it. Demar doesn't. Demar sorely relies on slashing to the basket, mid-ranged game, and high post, i.e a Kobe, Vince.

EDIT* Leandro Barbosa, Lamar Odom, Ben Gordon, Mike Miller, Antawn Jamison. ALL HAVE RANGE.
                        Last edited by ReubenJRD; Thu Jul 19, 2012, 02:36 PM.
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                          *sigh* Demar starts, Ross 6th man.

Demar has the ability to take over a game. Not consistently, which is what the question is, can Demar be an impact scorer/player consistently. Demar can find open people, get on the boards, and play defense (defense isn't great, but with effort), it's all if he can be CONSISTENT.

I can't believe we are questioning the fact that Ross will also have the green light, and is a better shooter, in comparison to J.R Smith when drafted. Doesn't that point out ANY speculation to be a big time bench scorer? I'd rather see a great shooter with the green light come off the bench rather than a guy with no shooting range off the bench.

Jamal Crawford, Manu Ginobili, James Harden, JR Smith, Jason Terry. ALL these guys have RANGE. Think about it. Demar doesn't. Demar sorely relies on slashing to the basket, mid-ranged game, and high post, i.e a Kobe, Vince.

EDIT* Leandro Barbosa, Lamar Odom, Ben Gordon, Mike Miller, Antawn Jamison. ALL HAVE RANGE.
                          +1

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            If Ross lights it up, there's a part of me that now sees Casey using DeRozan at the 3. Fields becomes the primary backup wing at either position, and Kleiza sits on the bench growing his beard.
                            I prefer this scenario.

I really want the coaching staff to shy away from the flip-flopping of starters. I think it was really good that Casey didnt budge when Bayless had a few good games as a starter when Jose got injured. He stuck with Jose as the starter.

Comment

Risk Mgmt wrote: View Post
                              My credibility here is on the line when I say:

I'm confident that Demar will have a breakout year this season better then all his past season stats should he remain healthy. So much so he might just make the All-Star or be in close voting.

Thats it folks....save it and shove it in my face next year...if I'm wrong

THE END
                              dont worry, ill put my credibility on the line too, hehehe.

Demar needs to have a breakout season this year. full training camp, learning the holes in his game last year, this should be the season where he puts everything together and takes his game to next the level.

he already knows his strengths and weaknesses and what defenses are giving him. time to step up.

Comment

Ross over Derozan???!!? NO WAYYYYY but I see them playing together and thats gonna be NNIIIIIICEEEE

Comment

Working...
                                X