No announcement yet.

Youth and Financial Freedom: Raps current roster beyond 2012-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol "a fun game that the raptors are guaranteed to win" what if they lose? you guys will probably set the bar on fire. I know i would haha

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Reasons for optimism:
      4) For the first time in Colangelo's history, barring a trade, it looks like there will be continuity in the roster next season. It is highly likely that 13 guys return to the 2013-14 edition of the Toronto Raptors.
      An often overlooked point. When was the last time we had a stable roster continuing from one year to the next under Colangelo? I don't think it's ever happened. Chemistry and camaraderie go a long way in team sports. By inadvertently handcuffing his ability to change the roster next year, perhaps Colangelo lucks into an important lesson learned.

Comment

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/2...om-last-season

NEW YORK -- NBA Commissioner David Stern estimates revenue will be a record $5 billion in the current season, an increase of about 20 percent from the league's last full season in 2010-11.
        BRI is more complicated than I am about to say but.....

If players and owners split 50/50 BRI, then 20% increase is likely a 10% increase in salary cap, which would add about $5.8M in cap space to Raps... unfortunately every other team would also get this benefit.

Raps would also have amnesty clause at disposal.

Comment

I dont think the cap gets raised by 5.8 mil..

But, I do think that with Calderons expiring, Bargnanis imminent trade, and our amnesty still available, we can make big moves this upcoming offseason, maybe buying a draft pick we like, or grabbing backup pointguards and centres (Our star SF was already grabbed with Calderon/Bargnani trade)
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
            I dont think the cap gets raised by 5.8 mil..

But, I do think that with Calderons expiring, Bargnanis imminent trade, and our amnesty still available, we can make big moves this upcoming offseason, maybe buying a draft pick we like, or grabbing backup pointguards and centres (Our star SF was already grabbed with Calderon/Bargnani trade)
            i tend to think bargs has at least until the trade deadline. bc has waited so many years already and we have a brutal schedule to start the year. the only trade i can see as imminent would be after lowry gets healthy and joses' recent triple double and 18 assist game that someone comes asking for him.

Comment

Youll see, Andrea + Jose at peak value with net us some grand deserts.
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
              X