Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advertising on jerseys are now official!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advertising on jerseys are now official!

Apparently the NBA has approved advertisement on jerseys. They look pretty ugly with random logos on them. I personally disapprove of this, but players and the NBA are making more money off of this so I can't blame them for supporting it. Still, the jerseys are ugly!

lol can you imagine our military camo jerseys with logos? Yikes :P
    Last edited by Blacklash2k4; Fri Jul 20, 2012, 07:15 PM.

Its a sad day.
    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Wow. Really? Personally, for basketball, I care and love the look of my gear, nothing but representing my name, number, and team...
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

i'd approve if they went the EPL route with ONE sponsor per team... in a weird sorta way, the logos are almost iconic... Like, Liverpool's "Carlsberg" kits.... but then again, a change in sponsorship can be heartbreaking... like Liverpool's "Standard Chartered" kits..

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
          Apparently the NBA has approved advertisement on jerseys. They look pretty ugly with random logos on them. I personally disapprove of this, but players and the NBA are making more money off of this so I can't blame them for supporting it. Still, the jerseys are ugly!

lol can you imagine our military camo jerseys with logos? Yikes :P
          Do you have a link where the NBA confirms this to be accurate?

ADD Nevermind, just found it. Apparently not until the 2013-14 season, and its still only a 'possibility'.
          Last edited by Joey; Fri Jul 20, 2012, 04:40 PM.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            Do you have a link where the NBA confirms this to be accurate?

ADD Nevermind, just found it. Apparently not until the 2013-14 season, and its still only a 'possibility'.
            Even if it's a possibility, it's a horrible idea. The jersey would look so bad with logos on it! I guess from a fan's standpoint, it's pretty stupid as it does nothing to benefit us. Let's just hope that when we buy jerseys, there won't be an logos on them.

Comment

There won't be logos on jerseys you buy, only on the ones players play with. This is pretty usual for me as it's usual in Europe. But yea, not appealing for the eye. It takes time to get used to it.
              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                There won't be logos on jerseys you buy, only on the ones players play with. This is pretty usual for me as it's usual in Europe. But yea, not appealing for the eye. It takes time to get used to it.
                Thank god. But you're right. The logos are a major eyesore...

Comment

Ads on jerseys are coming, probably in 2013-14, and they are specifically coming to a two inch-by-two inch area on the left shoulder of your favorite team’s uniform. It will take another year or so to plan for this, but it’s coming. The league needs to suss out how much money teams can make on ad sales, as well as how to split it up (start with giving the players 50 percent) and how to make sure adidas, the league’s jersey manufacturer, can produce replica jerseys with the correct ads on a real-time basis. Jerseys intended for sale to consumers will include the same ads featured on player game-worn jerseys, according to Silver. The league estimates the 30 teams can make $100 million annually combined on these ad sales, though the Knicks, for example, will earn a lot more than the Bobcats. And Silver cautioned that the $100 million figure is a very early estimate.
                  Source

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                    Augh, I don't want an ad of my jersey if I'm gonna buy one in the next year. The worst, yet ingenious, part of this whole idea of putting ads on consumer-sold jerseys is that it's free advertisement for the company. Why don't I get paid for having an ad on the jersey I buy?

Comment

It's very small and after getting used to it most people won't mind anymore. I don't mind at all (can't imagine it any other way on our football jerseys), it's a business.

Comment

Why why why why WHY?!?!

This is a horrible horrible HORRIBLE idea.

Is the league not already rich enough?! Total bullshit man. I WILL NOT buy any jerseys with any types of advertising on them. Why the f**k do I want to be walking around advertising for BMO, MGD, Apple etc.? It's the reason I refuse to buy a TFC jersey or a Euro football jersey. I just don't like it and will never accept it. Call me hard headed or old school, whatever. The only thing I want on my jersey is the team logo, name, number. You know the usual. Stupid move by these greedy ass f***ks!

Comment

Mark Cuban talks about it in interview over a Summer League game.
                          He says it will be a Team-by-Team decision, and likely very small and "not very noticable".

Can watch it here.
                          http://www.nba.com/video/games/horne...s=iref:nbahpt1

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            Mark Cuban talks about it in interview over a Summer League game.
                            He says it will be a Team-by-Team decision, and likely very small and "not very noticable".

Can watch it here.
                            http://www.nba.com/video/games/horne...s=iref:nbahpt1
                            It doesn't really matter whether it's small or not. I'm pretty sure fans aren't very happy with the fact that there will be logos included on the jerseys they buy...

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                              I'm pretty sure fans aren't very happy with the fact that there will be logos included on the jerseys they buy...
                              But fans don't know that that will be the case ...

Comment

Working...
                              X