Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45

Thread: 'Man of Steel' Trailer.

  1. #21
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,292
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yay, another re-reboot. Not a fresh idea in sight.

  2. #22
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,382
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Yay, another re-reboot. Not a fresh idea in sight.
    True. But when it comes to Super Heroes there rarely is. As long as do they do better than has been done in the past, then I'm on board. Except with that new Spiderman Movie. That's too soon.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

  3. #23
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,382
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well ... just as I thought ... A Powerful, Moving flick which offers up a new take on the Superman lore. 10/10.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

  4. #24
    Raptors Republic All-Star slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,101
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    My review is: meh.

    Utterly humourless characters, a plot so mindlessly simple it makes the new Star Trek movie look like a David Lynch film, repetitive and too-long action sequences, with a screenplay so po-faced it makes you wonder if a human or robot wrote the thing, capped off with yet another end-of-the-world action sequence that reminded me far too much of those awful Transformers movies where there was so much crap on the screen you couldn't even tell what was happening.

    It's not a terrible movie (and it's the best Superman movie since the first couple back in the 70s) but it's not nearly as much fun as The Avengers or the first Spider-Man movie or as compelling as Batman Begins.

  5. #25
    Super Moderator .40 Cal Flakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    T Dot
    Posts
    1,381
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Finally saw this movie a couple of weeks back on IMAX and...it lived up to the hype imo. Me and my oldest boy utterly enjoyed MOS. Great action sequences/CGI, was a fun and entertaining movie for sure. Was it perfect, nope. Did it have a few weird plot holes, sure. But still a great comic book movie. Gunna try and catch this one in theatres one more time.

  6. Like Joey liked this post
  7. #26
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,330
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    My review is: meh.

    Utterly humourless characters, a plot so mindlessly simple it makes the new Star Trek movie look like a David Lynch film, repetitive and too-long action sequences, with a screenplay so po-faced it makes you wonder if a human or robot wrote the thing, capped off with yet another end-of-the-world action sequence that reminded me far too much of those awful Transformers movies where there was so much crap on the screen you couldn't even tell what was happening.

    It's not a terrible movie (and it's the best Superman movie since the first couple back in the 70s) but it's not nearly as much fun as The Avengers or the first Spider-Man movie or as compelling as Batman Begins.
    Speaking of Lynch. Man, how awesome was Mulholland Drive?

    As for MOS, I liked it a lot. I found it a bit weird first five-ten minutes, but quickly got into it and it was great fun.

    I enjoyed it more than The Dark Knight Rises and The Avengers. But, I have it about even with Iron Man 3.

    I would of liked a little more Costner. But, that's about my only complaint..
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  8. #27
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,847
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Speaking of Lynch. Man, how awesome was Mulholland Drive?

    As for MOS, I liked it a lot. I found it a bit weird first five-ten minutes, but quickly got into it and it was great fun.

    I enjoyed it more than The Dark Knight Rises and The Avengers. But, I have it about even with Iron Man 3.

    I would of liked a little more Costner. But, that's about my only complaint..
    I heard iron man three sucked ass... i doubt it's better than the Dark Knight rises. I still gotta see it

  9. #28
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,330
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    I heard iron man three sucked ass... i doubt it's better than the Dark Knight rises. I still gotta see it
    No, Iron Man 3 was great, man!

    Best one, yet. I wasn't so high on number 2.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  10. #29
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,330
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    But, Number 2 in "The Dark Knight" series was the best.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  11. #30
    Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lietuva
    Posts
    1,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    No, Iron Man 3 was great, man!

    Best one, yet. I wasn't so high on number 2.
    depends on taste I suppose, for me it was meh....if I would have to compare then it would look like this ironman <<< man of steel < dark knight



    Thought I'm looking forward seeing Pacific Rim sequel, damn that movie is epic.
    #FREE

  12. #31
    Super Moderator .40 Cal Flakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    T Dot
    Posts
    1,381
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Speaking of Lynch. Man, how awesome was Mulholland Drive?

    As for MOS, I liked it a lot. I found it a bit weird first five-ten minutes, but quickly got into it and it was great fun.

    I enjoyed it more than The Dark Knight Rises and The Avengers. But, I have it about even with Iron Man 3.

    I would of liked a little more Costner. But, that's about my only complaint..
    MOS on the same level as IM3?? Really? I saw IM3...it was okay. Nowhere near as good as MOS imo. Man of Steel was an epic movie my dude.

    MOS is a top 3 comic book movie imo. Only behind Avengers and The Dark Knight, and not by much.

  13. Like Miekenstien, Joey liked this post
  14. #32
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,330
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote .40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
    MOS on the same level as IM3?? Really? I saw IM3...it was okay. Nowhere near as good as MOS imo. Man of Steel was an epic movie my dude.

    MOS is a top 3 comic book movie imo. Only behind Avengers and The Dark Knight, and not by much.
    The Avengers did nothing for me. 7/10

    Iron Man3 was awesome. The cast was very good. Shane Black did an awesome job.

    The Dark Knight has kind of fallen off for me. I watched it not too long ago again and it's not that great. Still very good, though. Batman Begins might be my favourite.

    In no way did I discredit MoS. So, I don't know where you're coming from on that. I just enjoyed Iron Man 3 as much as I did MoS. Both great movies.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  15. #33
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,382
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Was just announced that the new Batman will appear in the Man of Steel sequel.

    O.M.G. Its happening.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

  16. #34
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,330
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Was just announced that the new Batman will appear in the Man of Steel sequel.

    O.M.G. Its happening.
    That means Justice League movie is happening?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  17. #35
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,382
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    That means Justice League movie is happening?
    By the sounds of it, yes!
    My guess is they'll introduce Batman similar to how they brought the two together in "The Dark Knight Returns" by Frank Miller.
    Then, once Bruce Wayne is introduced to that Universe, it'll set everything up perfectly for Flash and Wonder Woman, and finally, the Justice League. I hope they maintain the semi-darker tone set by MOS, for all movies in the "series".
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

  18. #36
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,330
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    By the sounds of it, yes!
    My guess is they'll introduce Batman similar to how they brought the two together in "The Dark Knight Returns" by Frank Miller.
    Then, once Bruce Wayne is introduced to that Universe, it'll set everything up perfectly for Flash and Wonder Woman, and finally, the Justice League. I hope they maintain the semi-darker tone set by MOS, for all movies in the "series".
    Semi-dark with some comedic relief. That would be nice.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  19. #37
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,330
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Wonder Woman movie has been in and out of pre- production talks for I don't know how long..
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  20. #38
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,553
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I am a huge fan of MOS. I do think they could have had a better story line, but I love that they didn't introduce Lex yet. Cavill did an admirable job. He's no Bale/Downey Jr. but he looked the part and he did a great job of playing an outsider who doesn't seem to fit.

    What I loved the most about the movie was that they didn't introduce Lex yet. I hope they cast him right though as the last thing I want is another cheesy version of Lex.

    As for a Justice League movie.. just don't see it happening. Unlike the Marvel characters, the DC characters are all god-like. So to create a movie where a bunch of God like characters needing to bring their A game will be difficult. Maybe Brainiac could posses Superman and the other DC characters have to come in to try and 'kill' him so that he doesn't annihilate earth.

    Either way I could see the budget for that movie making it one of the most expensive movies ever made.

  21. #39
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,553
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Wonder Woman movie has been in and out of pre- production talks for I don't know how long..
    Yeah never understood why they couldn't get that movie right. There was a tv show version of Wonder Woman that got axed by NBC before it even made it to the air. Adrianne Palicki from Friday Night Lights was supposed to play her.

  22. #40
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,330
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    I am a huge fan of MOS. I do think they could have had a better story line, but I love that they didn't introduce Lex yet. Cavill did an admirable job. He's no Bale/Downey Jr. but he looked the part and he did a great job of playing an outsider who doesn't seem to fit.

    What I loved the most about the movie was that they didn't introduce Lex yet. I hope they cast him right though as the last thing I want is another cheesy version of Lex.

    As for a Justice League movie.. just don't see it happening. Unlike the Marvel characters, the DC characters are all god-like. So to create a movie where a bunch of God like characters needing to bring their A game will be difficult. Maybe Brainiac could posses Superman and the other DC characters have to come in to try and 'kill' him so that he doesn't annihilate earth.

    Either way I could see the budget for that movie making it one of the most expensive movies ever made.
    Kevin Spacey was so hilariously OTT as Lex! He was the best part of the movie!

    The Justice League film will likely happen if these movies are succesful. Just not anytime in the next five years..
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •