'Man of Steel' Trailer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Man of Steel' Trailer.

Well ... I think they finally figured out how to do a Superman movie properly.

Note these are the exact same Trailer, except that Kevin Costner (Pa Kent) narrates the one, and Russell Crowe (Jor-El) narrates the other.

Awwwww yeeaaahhh!!!

Can't wait for this!

The trailer doesn't have much in terms of reveals, but it still serves it's purpose of getting you hyped.

I liked the last Superman they did some years back. But I guess the powers that be at DC weren't happy with it so they decided on a seies reboot after only one movie?

Last edited by .40 Cal Flakes; Sun Jul 22, 2012, 09:17 PM.

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
      The trailer doesn't have much in terms of reveals, but it still serves it's purpose of getting you hyped.
      I agree, I think the trailer serves exactly the purpose they were aiming for.
      Not only to hype, but to show that they are aiming for a completely different tone for the movie from 'Superman Returns'.

I liked the last Superman they did some years back. But I guess the powers that be at DC weren't happy with it so they decided on a seies reboot after only one movie?
      I enjoyed it as well, but it was really 'campy'; almost a throw-back to the Superman Movies of Old.
      Even basing the story as a continuation of the older films.

This new one has been spot on ever since the casting of Henry Cavill as Clark.

Comment

So is it starting from the beginning?

Comment

Seems so. Looks like it will cover the entire Bio of Superman. From a Lost, Troubled young man; all the way through to Heroic World Saviour.

As opposed to Superman Returns, which tries to pick up where another movie left off 30 years ago.

Makes sense to me. haha

Comment

Oh. My. Eff.

This looks SOO epic ... I'm so happy they are finally doing this right.

I thought I liked Superman Returns ... Now I realize that was just me being duped.

Comment

I didn't know Zach Snyder and Christopher Nolan were involved. It looks pretty damn serious!

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                I didn't know Zach Snyder and Christopher Nolan were involved. It looks pretty damn serious!
                Serious!? Its plastered all over the advertisements.

Watchmen was pretty ill.

I like all of Nolan's films as well. I'm just going to take this time to say, I love Nolan's Batman trilogy. But, Memento was the shit!
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                  Serious!? Its plastered all over the advertisements.

Watchmen was pretty ill.

I like all of Nolan's films as well. I'm just going to take this time to say, I love Nolan's Batman trilogy. But, Memento was the shit!
                  I haven't seen or read anything on the movie yet! haha that I remember anyways... Drugs are bad, mmmkay.

Watchmen was amazing, even if it was 3 hours plus. I didn't mind at all. Sucker Punch was a little meh, but still had cute girls and decent CGI and action scenes.

Comment

Hahaha, drugs are bad...but, i do them all the time!
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

This movie just keeps getting better and better ...

One of the best trailers I may have ever seen. Hopefully its not one of those "whole movie in a trailer".

Comment

i like that people are finally starting to realize its perfectly fine to fuck with cannon... love the whole "it's not an S" thing

Comment

Here's hoping Zack Snyder doesn't ruin another movie.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                            i like that people are finally starting to realize its perfectly fine to fuck with cannon... love the whole "it's not an S" thing
                            This was exactly my thinking; I loved that part of the Trailer.
                            But then I looked into it, and apparently they aren't the first ones to mess with the meaning of the Iconic Superman Logo:

Wikipedia wrote:
                            Initially, the S-shield had one meaning: S for Superman. One of the first alternative meanings was presented in Superman: The Movie, in which it was not an S, but rather the S-shaped Coat of arms of the House of El. After the Superman reboot story The Man of Steel, the symbol's story was that it was designed by Jonathan Kent and was derived from an ancient Native American symbol. The symbol was featured on a medicine blanket given to an ancestor of the Kent family by a Native American tribe after he helped to cure them of a plague and was supposed to represent a snake, an animal held to possess healing powers by the tribe (implying that, by wearing this symbol, Superman was a metaphorical healer). In 2004, Mark Waid's Superman: Birthright series says the S-Shield is the Kryptonian symbol for "hope" and Superman believes it may have begun as a coat of arms for the House of El. Later, writer Geoff Johns confirmed it was indeed a coat of arms, as well as a symbol for hope. In the 2013 film Man of Steel, it is also described as the Kryptonian symbol for "hope".

Ugh, I'm so pumped for this movie, my loins hurt. Henry Cavill seems to have nailed the role.
                            And apparently Christian Bale is now waffling on maybe commiting to the Justice League movie. If they could get Henry Cavill and Christian Bale in the same movie, that would be EPIC.

Comment

word is there is no kryptonite in the movie too..

smart move... avoiding the obvious "omg kryptonite seriously weakens superman" angle that everyone knows is coming

Comment

Working...
                              X