Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who will have most positive impact on Raptors BIG V or TROSS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who will contribute most this year? Terrence Ross.

Who will contribute more ever their career? Jonas Valanciunas.

Comment

Risk Mgmt wrote: View Post
      I hope this wasnt already discussed....if yes, my apologies in advance.

With all the hype with BIG V and lots of positive feedback on TROSS (TREX)....which one will have most positive impact on Raptors who will challenge for Rookie of the year or closest thing to it? Trex or Bigv

I'm going with TROSS on this one. This because I havent seen anything of BIG V.

Regardless we have some good rookie level talent and I see good things happening this coming season.

Peace

"Demar will be on the All-Star Ballot this year - watch for it"

I stopped reading when you called Terrence Ross *"TREX"
      LOL so dumb.*I couldn't take it seriously after that.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Considering their respective competition for minutes, I can see Jonas (battling Gray) playing significantly more minutes than Ross (battling DeRozan). That alone might give Jonas the edge.
        This is a good point.
        "Defense wins championships."

Comment

JV because he has been playing against tougher (physically and skilled) competition for the last 2-3 years..... and the competition was grown men. Never underestimate old man strength.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            JV because he has been playing against tougher (physically and skilled) competition for the last 2-3 years..... and the competition was grown men. Never underestimate old man strength.
            +1

I think the best case scenario for Jonas will be a Rubio style impact. The only downside is the potential for fouls. Either way, I'm still not a Ross promoter as of yet. I've seen some highlight clips, but I'm more interested to see what he can do against faster, stronger, smarter opponents. JV, on the other hand, might respond well to the speed of the game, he seems ready for it.
            Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Considering their respective competition for minutes, I can see Jonas (battling Gray) playing significantly more minutes than Ross (battling DeRozan). That alone might give Jonas the edge.
              This is the key point .. you are generous to use the term "battling" for Gray. JV will be starting and getting lots of minutes .. the only thing that will govern his ability to stay on the floor will be his own fouling.

I really, really like what I see out of Ross .. but I think this one is pretty easy for now .. JV will have a MUCH greater impact this year. Hopefully down the road as well .. but if JV does bust (or bust on a relative basis) .. then Ross could overtake him in the coming years.

Comment

two questions, I don't watch a lot of international ball, aside from as many Lietvus Rytas games as I could find links for when I had the time.

Is there some reason everyone thinks Jonas will foul out a lot?

Does the euroleague call that end a lot differently? From what I saw they seem to let their bigs be more physical
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

BRAIN SCAN on TROSS & BIG V

I highly recommend that Raptors implement Brain Imaging / Scans next year during the pre-draft to determine which player they should select.

Performing analytic processes on college players prior to draft will provide stats based on performances and other physical capabilities etc. The interview will provide general understand of the player via his responses…but you can go further and determine other matters though Brian Scans with more accurate results.

I.e. Accurate neuroimaging correlates data to personality, attitudes, and intelligence …you can also determine illness or concussion history and various other traits etc.

Only concern here would be of privacy and misuse of information. I’d like to perform one on:

TROSS
                  BIG V
                  World Peace
                  Kobe
                  LeBra n
                  Denis Rodman
                  Jordan
                  Nash

Is there a issue here in incorporating this into the screening process on Future NBA Ready players?
                  It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    I was going to say Ross easily, but this is a good point. We'll see.

I still think flying V is going to be in foul trouble pretty much every game.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I look forward to the first game with the Knicks and the Chandler-JV matchup (btw also because of Fields). This because I feel that at least starting out JV resembles Chandler in many ways...size, body type, agility, inside game, PnR, setting picks, leadership. JV has a bit of a shot unlike Chandler and will only get better at it and I believe is faster up/down the court at this stage. It shall be a good test and also in the "meanness" dept.

On the question itself, unless JV has a hard time acclimatizing to the NBA, he shall have the larger impact on the Raptor fortunes the coming season. He shall have a hand in many more impactful game situations than a Ross position would ...and more often.

Comment

Didn't you just start a thread with the same idea yesterday? Besides it probably being a human rights violation brain science isn't even close to producing results that would be adding value to simple interviews, except if we want to spot a brain tumor.

Comment

Chandler is a pretty strong guy (pushes Davis away like he's built of paper) and is exceptional in defensive stuff like positioning himself. Valanciunas is a long way from that level and I'm not sure he has the lateral movement to ever be at that level defensively. Offensively of course, he'll be better because he is going to be a strong threat from midrange (and likely even further).

Comment

Comment

Cool story bro

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                                two questions, I don't watch a lot of international ball, aside from as many Lietvus Rytas games as I could find links for when I had the time.

Is there some reason everyone thinks Jonas will foul out a lot?

Does the euroleague call that end a lot differently? From what I saw they seem to let their bigs be more physical
                                Take a look at the olympic qualifier .. only two games .. but one he foulded out in less than ten minutes of play (something awful like 2 pts a couple of boards) .. the other he played very well and stayed on the court for 20+ mins (out of 40) - 17 and 8 i think. But, he still fouled out there ..

small sample set .. but not a good sign from the fouling perspective

Comment

Working...
                                X