Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who will have most positive impact on Raptors BIG V or TROSS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think TRoss will be able to contribute right away, i think he will finish somewhere around 11ppg, 5rpg, 2apg, 2spg in his rookie season where as Big V will finish around 8ppg, 10rpg, 2apg, 1spg, 2bpg but both will be considered in the rookie vs sophomore game but i suspect Big V will be in it as opposed to Ross, there are other guards and SF who will edge Ross out of this year's game.

Comment

I feel optimistic that both will be above average players if not stars, Knowing that big men take a little longer to develop, I'd say that Ross will make an immediate impact.
      Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
        But JV will also get in foul trouble some nights....so they will both be have inconsistent positive impacts throughout the season...such is life with NBA rookies. I guess the real question is who will be more consistent.
        JV will be the like Amir when he first got here. Always in foul trouble. Funny thing is many didn't think Amir would get out of that problem but he did.

Comment

From what I've seen so far, valanciunas gets into more foul trouble than Amir, that could severely cripple his minutes going forward. Ross will be fighting minutes with Demar so he'll have fewer minutes to begin with. That being said I think Ross will have an immediate impact but valanciunas could grow to be our franchise player.

Comment

just Saying

Mess wrote: View Post
            Where is that quote from? He was last year.

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/01/04/2...lot/index.html

no source for the quote...I just put it out myself putting my neck on the line by saying he will have a breakout year.
            This year will be far better for Demar as compared to his past years in the NBA. better stats overall.

If I'm wrong...I will give you 1x Queen Elizabeth II note
            It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
              No, I think Ross was drafted to push DeMar a little harder at the 2 spot. No consistency or step-up from DeMar this season and he'll likely be gonzo next summer. JMO!
              I would agree to that, however Casey said he will be a sixth man in the likes of James Harden.. Whether or not he is better than Demar, I see him coming off the bench.

I really believe the biggest impact will be Big V. Just because of his ability as a defensive anchor. He's a mobile and athletic big who can run with the best, great leaping ability, good help defense awareness, and very good rebounding. The guy has a strong motor just as Terrence Ross, but I feel Jonas has the edge in terms of his athletic ability at that size.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Its tough call here....I see TROSS at first and that only because I havent seen any action BIGV in action and no very little about him. After reading all the comments here....I can see that this can go either way.

The openning game of the season....VERY MUCH LOOKING FORWARD TO IT.
                It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

I've heard of TRoss comparisons to Eddie Jones, Jason Richardson and others etc.
                  Any comparisons here for JV? Any similar trajactory to other players

Muhammad Ali

Comment

Risk Mgmt wrote: View Post
                    I've heard of TRoss comparisons to Eddie Jones, Jason Richardson and others etc.
                    Any comparisons here for JV? Any similar trajactory to other players
                    JV is a unique player in my mind, apparently his basement is a Joakim Noah.. His ceiling is very high, and I don't have a player in mind that's playing right now, that looks like JV... Right now he looks like a Mcgee, in terms of playing and where he is at right now.
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Hate the Mcgee comparison JV has a higher iq is less raw than mcgee, but JV is not nearly as athletic as Mcgee (but realistically who is?) the only similarity between them is that they both have long wingspans...

Comment

Despite the Big-man adjustment period. I think Jonas will be all set to come in and play decently. He's gonna foul a lot but that's a part of learning the game.

I say Jonas because he'll likely play more minutes than Ross this year. The Terrossic period starts when Derozan gets shipped for someone.

Comment

Oh god don't compare him to McGee. There are probably no similarities in their games other than JV has decent size and length.

I have a really hard time thinking of a JV comparison for his ceiling, but I'm going to throw this out there: David Robinson.

Comment

Oh, and I think JV will have the most positive impact over Ross because he addresses a need much more than Ross. Ross may be a good shooter, but he doesn't bring enough to ensure he'll get minutes over Demar, Fields and Kleiza, not to mention what are sure to be very occasional small lineups with Lowry and Calderon. JV is pretty much guaranteed 20 or so minutes a night if he doesn't foul.

Comment

As the day progresses...the balance is moving towards JV over ROSS.

I hope that both JV and Ross have enough of a positive impact that we regain our Vince Era glamour in addition to our new players... Can't wait for the starting tipoff of the Season.

Peace

Muhammad Ali

Comment

Neither of them will be the superstar VC was and neither will sell tickets on the road or make the Raptors relevant to the casual American basketball fan like he did in his electrifying prime. Though that shouldn't be what anyone is aiming for....I just saw VC era glamour and had to comment. I'll take his 2nd round playoffs glamour though (though first round playoff glamour is pretty much the best case scenario).
                                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Working...
                                X