Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Possible 2012-2013 Starting Lineups

Post Thanks / Like

PG: Kyle Lowry
    SG: Demar Derozan
    SF: Landry Fields
    PF: Andrea Bargnani
    C: Jonas Valanciunas (Beginning of season, Aaron Gray or Amir Johnson)

Terrence Ross off the bench is in a role similar to James Harden's. The guy is a 3/D right now, huge spark plug. In addition, remember that the best sixth men have range, even if they are volume shooters, or guys with not great percentages, they can shoot from the outside. Names I can give, Harden, Crawford, Mike Miller, Barbosa, Jamison, J.R Smith.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    PG: Kyle Lowry
    SG: Demar Derozan
    SF: Landry Fields
    PF: Andrea Bargnani
    C: Jonas Valanciunas (Beginning of season, Aaron Gray or Amir Johnson)

Terrence Ross off the bench is in a role similar to James Harden's. The guy is a 3/D right now, huge spark plug. In addition, remember that the best sixth men have range, even if they are volume shooters, or guys with not great percentages, they can shoot from the outside. Names I can give, Harden, Crawford, Mike Miller, Barbosa, Jamison, J.R Smith.
    +1 the exact lineup I'm thinking. This is the most accurate, and i can almost guarantee that this will be the lineup when the season starts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    +1 the exact lineup I'm thinking. This is the most accurate, and i can almost guarantee that this will be the lineup when the season starts.
    Yeah, like my original post, beginning of the season, starting JV may not be the best in terms of just transitioning into the league, but down the road JV taking over is most likely.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this is a little premature given the off season is not over...... but never one to shy away from speculation:

Start Season:

PG: Lowry
    SG: DeRozan
    SF: Fields
    PF: Bargnani
    C: Gray

End of Season:

PG: Lowry
    SG: Fields
    SF: Gay/AI
    PF: Bargnani
    C: JV

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My gut says that JV will be starting. He'll get limited minutes, but in my opinion will be starting over Gray/Amir.

I am still hoping we get a stud wing by the dead line.. so here are my starting line ups:

First game - Lowry, DeRozan, Fields, Bargnani, JV
    Last game - Lowry, Ross, Iggy/Gay, Bargnani, JV

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

not sure if I want to give up DeRozan in a trade for someone like Iggy, who's numbers have been steadily declining ever since his rookie season. He scored 12.4 ppg last year and shot an AWFUL 61% from the FT line. meanwhile DeMar had 16.7 ppg, 81% from FT and only shot 3% less fg% then Iguodala, which is good considering he's an terrible shooter. and all of DeMar's numbers come with the fact that he's projected to go 20+ ppg this season

Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    not sure if I want to give up DeRozan in a trade for someone like Iggy, who's numbers have been steadily declining ever since his rookie season. He scored 12.4 ppg last year and shot an AWFUL 61% from the FT line. meanwhile DeMar had 16.7 ppg, 81% from FT and only shot 3% less fg% then Iguodala, which is good considering he's an terrible shooter. and all of DeMar's numbers come with the fact that he's projected to go 20+ ppg this season
    I disagree DD is projected to go 20+. His efficiency has been getting worse every year.

As for AI, I thought that as well. I think it was a post from thead that set me straight. Check AI's field goal attempts and shooting percentages. He has not declined in %'s except ft's and his fga per game have dropped by almost 6. Shooting 45% that is about 5.4 points per game (that is straight 2's, not including ft's or 3pt attempts). He has played a much different role since Dough Collins took over. Combine that with the defense, rebounding, and assists I think AI would be a great pick up - even if it meant losing DD.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I disagree DD is projected to go 20+. His efficiency has been getting worse every year.

As for AI, I thought that as well. I think it was a post from thead that set me straight. Check AI's field goal attempts and shooting percentages. He has not declined in %'s except ft's and his fga per game have dropped by almost 6. Shooting 45% that is about 5.4 points per game (that is straight 2's, not including ft's or 3pt attempts). He has played a much different role since Dough Collins took over. Combine that with the defense, rebounding, and assists I think AI would be a great pick up - even if it meant losing DD.
    I'd rather have a young player on a possibility to break out rather than declining numbers proven on history.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    I'd rather have a young player on a possibility to break out rather than declining numbers proven on history.
    But AI is not declining - except FT's. He is in his prime.

Would you rather a player in his prime versus a player who is possible to breakout while with another player with better skills waiting in the wings? At this point in time, I'd rather have AI given there is more potential in Ross, in my opinion.

New coach with new demands of him have affected his ppg. Everything else is on par.

Post Thanks / Like

I will eat Doc Naismith's hat if DD averages 20+ppg

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    I will eat Doc Naismith's hat if DD averages 20+ppg
    lol you better go find it then

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

PG- Lowry
    SG- DD
    SF- Klieza
    PF- Bargs
    C - Start the year with Amir or Gray finish with JV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote YYZ wrote: View Post
    PG- Lowry
    SG- DD
    SF- Klieza
    PF- Bargs
    C - Start the year with Amir or Gray finish with JV
    although Kleiza might start, I think the playing time will be split dead even between Landry and Kleiza
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I posted what I thought would be the best starting 5 on the offensive end earlier with Lowry, Ross, DeMar, Bargs and JV, but I think the best defensive line up would be..

Lowry
    Ross
    Anderson (was really impressed with his play last season)
    Amir
    Davis (Don't think JV will be ready to defend in his first year as well as Davis is now)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    I posted what I thought would be the best starting 5 on the offensive end earlier with Lowry, Ross, DeMar, Bargs and JV, but I think the best defensive line up would be..

Lowry
    Ross
    Anderson (was really impressed with his play last season)
    Amir
    Davis (Don't think JV will be ready to defend in his first year as well as Davis is now)
    I agree with Anderson, except Landry will probably get that defensive spot instead (probably to try and make him earn the vast amount of money we offered)
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    I agree with Anderson, except Landry will probably get that defensive spot instead (probably to try and make him earn the vast amount of money we offered)
    Don't remind me about that contract. It's like that ridiculous contract we gave Yogi Stewart...at least Fields is a solid player...

I'm not sure where this notion came out that Fields is a good defender though. I watched a few games Knicks games last year and thought he was okay on defense, but not as good as implied on this site. He's smart, but doesn't have great lateral quicks or athletecism so he'a far from being a lock down type guy. Gonna have to ask Liston to do a comparison between James Johnson and Fields to get an idea of what kind of defender Fields is statistically.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Don't remind me about that contract. It's like that ridiculous contract we gave Yogi Stewart...at least Fields is a solid player...

I'm not sure where this notion came out that Fields is a good defender though. I watched a few games Knicks games last year and thought he was okay on defense, but not as good as implied on this site. He's smart, but doesn't have great lateral quicks or athletecism so he'a far from being a lock down type guy. Gonna have to ask Liston to do a comparison between James Johnson and Fields to get an idea of what kind of defender Fields is statistically.
    as far as between Johnson and Fields go, I'm sure James would be a better post defender just based on his size (6-9 245), which is more useful against guys like Lebron.

Keep in mind though that although Landry was a decent defender last year, he played mostly SG with the Knicks, and he'll play the forward position with the Raps. With that positional move comes slower guys who won't be as fast as the guards he used to matchup with.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    But AI is not declining - except FT's. He is in his prime.

Would you rather a player in his prime versus a player who is possible to breakout while with another player with better skills waiting in the wings? At this point in time, I'd rather have AI given there is more potential in Ross, in my opinion.

New coach with new demands of him have affected his ppg. Everything else is on par.
    I'm just not overly big on the possibility of giving up on potential talent, especially from a player who showed us a full season of great play. The guy I guess would say, did not live up to the expectations of his third season, but he sure as hell wasn't a bad player.

If anything, I would rather Rudy Gay than Andre Iguodala because of the age factor. With such a young team, I would just rather the team build, being the only way I give up core pieces are for superstars.

A player in his prime, at 28? Being the best player on a team only making the 8th seed. I don't know. It would be stupid to say, if AI was on this team rather than Derozan, we wouldn't improve, but how much really?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of his game, but it's an iffy for me. Rudy Gay is a sure fire for me.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Start

Lowry
    Demar
    Fields
    Bargs
    Amir

End

Lowry
    Fields
    Iggy
    Bargs
    JVal

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

RaptorReuben the thing you also have to keep in mind is that Derozan is awful.

so ya.

Thread Information